Avengers Impressions - Marvel Presents.....Anthem

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Not to be confused with "There is no Game: Wrong Dimension"

Which is actually a game and quite entertaining(your opinion may differ). It probably had far more creative energy put into it then Avengers ever did.
Now I'm wondering if there is an alternative timeline/dimension where this game did everything right from the get-go, reaching fame on par with witcher 3, skyrim, celeste, divinity original sin 2, etc.

Reactions: Dalisclock

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I want to make a joke here, but anything would involve more effort than what this joke of a release received. Enjoy, Sony supporters...?
i just think it is funny because people were very upset about Sony getting an exclusive character thus making every other platform "incomplete". And my response back then was "by the time Spider-man comes out, nobody will give a shit."

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This video is relevant, because they talk about Avengers around the 10 minute mark.. Steve is once again being a contrarian idiot. No one wants to grind in a Avengers game, dumb ass. If I want different costumes, just do it how it was done in the Spider-Man games.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Ah so its dead then. No big loss. Its a game only a soulless executive could have made. In an era where the MCA was about the most beloved and exited product out there Square tried capitalizing on it by....creating a bog standard live service steeped in several design philosophies that had been discredited years ago. Maybe the initial reaction wouldn't have been as tepid if the game hadn't released several years too late when the life service fad lost its luster and mostly got on people's nerves.

The MCU has it flaws but being intensely boring typically isn't one of them(even if its movies are formulaic) so I'm not sure it was on brand to make the game as bog standard as possible.