BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Okay, so here are some ideas that would've made

So where would Avengers sit in your rating? Some Ol' Bullshit or Fuck You?
A Fuck You. The game functions, but they cut out way too much and squandered their full potential by copying fucking Anthem. A rental would be too generous at best. On top of $60 and lootbox style gimmicks and fake currency, would be an insult to actual bullshit. I don't even see casual movie Avenger fans sticking this for long.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
You know what would've been great? The ability to switch between heroes, and issue commands when AI has controls. Maybe activating super moves at the same time to create awesome combo moves? And I am not talking about pulling off one super after another; I mean a truly a unique combo ult with awesome unique animation.

Some combo ults that would've been great are:
  • Kamala Enlarges her fists, and Hulk swings her around like a sledgehammer or spins around like bayblade
  • Thor supercharging ironman with lightning, while iron man fires off a devastating beam
  • Captain America raises his shield, and Thor slams his hammer on it to create a big shockwave
  • Iron man fires off laser on Cap's shield, which deflects into many rays
  • Cap throws his shield and thor casts lightning on it, creating a shock frisbee
  • Kamala tosses enemies into the air, and Black Widow sets up explosives on where they will land
IDK, I think stuff like this might've made the team bond more, especially in the multiplayer

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
You know what would've been great? The ability to switch between heroes, and issue commands when AI has controls. Maybe activating super moves at the same time to create awesome combo moves? And I am not taking about pulling off one super another another; I mean a truly a unique combo ult with a awesome unique animation.

• Kamala Enlarges her fists, and Hulk swings her around like a sledgehammer or spins around like bayblade
  • Thor supercharging ironman with lightning, while iron man fires off a devastating beam
  • Captain America raises his shield, and Thor slams his hammer on it to create a big shockwave
  • Cap throws his shield and thor casts lightning on it, creating a shock frisbee
  • Kamala tosses enemies into the air, and Black Widow sets up explosives on where they will land
IDK, I think stuff like this might've made the team bond more, especially in the multiplayer
Sounds like actual work. Plus, don't you know, each ultimate has to be sold separately, for $$$$.

Monetization, where the real money from the game is made!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
RandomBlackGamers loves this games, but acknowledges its faults and knows not everyone is not in to the looter shooter aspect. I'm happy if he is happy.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Surprising nobody, player have already gotten bored with Avengers because the game is so boring that the developers have come out to promise some sort of excitement with the game or something. I dunno I got one-paragraph into the article and got bored.

Really puts that all annoyance with Spider-man being console exclusive into a better light considering he's still 5-months away and there's hardly a player base left.

With a launch period peak of 28k players on PC, there are now only 1500~ players today https://steamcharts.com/app/997070#1m

I imagine that number vanishes with new consoles and Cyberpunk around the corner.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Surprising nobody, player have already gotten bored with Avengers because the game is so boring that the developers have come out to promise some sort of excitement with the game or something. I dunno I got one-paragraph into the article and got bored.

Really puts that all annoyance with Spider-man being console exclusive into a better light considering he's still 5-months away and there's hardly a player base left.

With a launch period peak of 28k players on PC, there are now only 1500~ players today https://steamcharts.com/app/997070#1m

I imagine that number vanishes with new consoles and Cyberpunk around the corner.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The nerve! You should do a Digital Homicide on ol' Jim and sue him for that big Patreon moolah of him.

Anyway, I"m very much not a fan of the "live services" model, so good riddens if it dies.
I mean that was my whole point with the whole Spider-Man exclusivity deal. When they said that Spider-man wasn't going to release until like March or some shit. There was no way people were going to give a fuck about the game for that long.

Even if Spider-Man wasn't PS only. Would people still be playing, would that dwindling player base be sticking around going "Well at least we'll get spider-man soon"? The answer is probably no. As someone who reviewed the Playstation version of the game, it was hard to find player to matchmake with even during launch week.

The writing was on the wall with this pile of trash since they previewed it sadly.

Reactions: Dalisclock

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I mean that was my whole point with the whole Spider-Man exclusivity deal. When they said that Spider-man wasn't going to release until like March or some shit. There was no way people were going to give a fuck about the game for that long.

Even if Spider-Man wasn't PS only. Would people still be playing, would that dwindling player base be sticking around going "Well at least we'll get spider-man soon"? The answer is probably no. As someone who reviewed the Playstation version of the game, it was hard to find player to matchmake with even during launch week.

The writing was on the wall with this pile of trash since they previewed it sadly.

On PS4... even the few people who were all hyped about it have stopped playing after liek two weeks.

So yeah, about on par with Anthem (with the same people even).

Comparitively, this is the clanmates who I have over 1000 hours of Destiny 1 with, so its not even the live services(*) or grind or whatever style putting them off. The game is just that baseline bland.

* Should note Destiny 1 didn't really ever dive heavily into the live services (beyond being online) until way late in its life cycle. But again, same folks went into D2 (where I dropped off) which is a cesspool of the things.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I'm not in the least bit surprised. Just looking at the first bits of promotional material I knew it was gonna be shit. Lo and behold

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Late on this, but Skill Up had a more in-depth video about the problems with Avengers.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
You know what would've been great? The ability to switch between heroes, and issue commands when AI has controls. Maybe activating super moves at the same time to create awesome combo moves? And I am not talking about pulling off one super after another; I mean a truly a unique combo ult with awesome unique animation.

Think you forgot “Hulk, SMASH!!”

Laid on this, but still up had a more in-depth video about the problems with avengers.

Looks like your phone autocorrected incorrectly. I know because I deal with that bs constantly. But strangely it’s not bad enough to want to turn off the autocomplete function.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Think you forgot “Hulk, SMASH!!”

Looks like your phone autocorrected incorrectly. I know because I deal with that bs constantly. But strangely it’s not bad enough to want to turn off the autocomplete function.
Thank you I just noticed and fixed it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In case anyone hasn't seen this yet. It's a very amusing take on the game

Thanks for the vid. Definitely funny and truthful. I don't know why either were surprised or not expecting Miss Marvel. The girlfriend maybe, but the guy has definitely been following Avengers, and it's not like she was completely hidden. She was promoted heavily before releasing the game.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Thanks for the vid. Definitely funny and truthful. I don't know why either were surprised or not expecting Miss Marvel. The girlfriend maybe, but the guy has definitely been following Avengers, and it's not like she was completely hidden. She was promoted heavily before releasing the game.
I know the joke of these videos is that the BF is the gamer but the GF is apparently there for the ride so she's going into it more or less blind. Now, how much of that is true and how much of that is for the sake of the joke I don't know. I don't know why the Boyfriend would be unaware of it though.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
*shrugs* From what I've been able to gather, the people not familiar with Ms. Marvel are mostly people who don't read the comics, and seek out the non-MCU content out there. Not sure how well this holds up, as I consider myself mostly in that camp, as I rarely read any comics anymore, but I've been aware of Ms. Marvel for...shit what, a decade now? How long as she been in publication? 2014 first appearance of Kamala Khan. Granted, I have a soft spot for legacy stories, so when I see a news blurb like "young muslim girl becomes the new ms. marvel" it tends to catch my attention to see what they do with it. Same thing for Miles Morales with spiderman.

But, it's feasible that a large percentage of people who love the MCU, and that's measured in the millions, if not billions at this point, globally, are not comic fans. As evidenced by the nowhere near as good sales of the comics, compared to the films. So, I guess she could be new to a lot of people? *shrugs*