Awakened Shows What Midway's Hero Could Have Been

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Moeez said:
<Youtube=ilXbHxONdNw>

It's the same game. They've been working on this since 2009? Surely, they should be picked up.

Finally, super enemies, instead of just the military or gangs like in inFamous/Prototype. Love the physics capabilities.
What the fuck? That game looks far better!

What happened? I mean, I know it was cancelled and all, but didn't they still have that? Were all their files deleted or something?
Very likely, yeah. It's unlikely they actually own the ip or any of the game files since its just some of the original team that split and made a new studio. They will have started from scratch.

Well, visually it looks like arse, but obviously it's very early in development. The concept is very interesting though, got a lot of potential.
Ouch. That sucks.

The character models were actually pretty good, it was the animations that were bad.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Moeez said:
<Youtube=ilXbHxONdNw>

It's the same game. They've been working on this since 2009? Surely, they should be picked up.

Finally, super enemies, instead of just the military or gangs like in inFamous/Prototype. Love the physics capabilities.
What the fuck? That game looks far better!

What happened? I mean, I know it was cancelled and all, but didn't they still have that? Were all their files deleted or something?
Very likely, yeah. It's unlikely they actually own the ip or any of the game files since its just some of the original team that split and made a new studio. They will have started from scratch.

Well, visually it looks like arse, but obviously it's very early in development. The concept is very interesting though, got a lot of potential.
Ouch. That sucks.

The character models were actually pretty good, it was the animations that were bad.
I watched that whole demo, and yeah, the animations were sweet. I hope they bring back all those customization options that were in Hero. Cause in comparison, Awakened's look like shit.

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
so it's kinda like if someone made a game out of the TV show heroes..... that'd be pretty freaking cool.... i would definately buy that...

HeraldGustav

Feb 24, 2010
What the hell?! This is Mage: the Awakening for you people! Damn that will be a good game to play! *_*

For mor info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mage:_The_Awakening

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Want!

I hope there's one character like that guy from Heroes that can have everyones powers :p

I know there are superhero MMORPG's but wouldn't this one be a cool new IP for one?
Probably wouldn't be very sucessful though...still, live in hope.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
mindlesspuppet said:
That is some of the stiffest character animation I've seen in recent years, hopefully they get changed before final release.
Seems more like a proof of concept video than anything else.

Certainly some interesting ideas in there though.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Didn't look all that interesting to me, TBH, but then it's just a trailer. The narration was painful.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
It's obviously early in development, but I hope a publisher picks it up so that the graphics will end up rivaling the original Hero at least.

I mean, this is definitely a promising IP. I'd be surprised if it was ignored.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Ironic Pirate said:
WrongSprite said:
Get rid of the PS2 level animation, and you'd have a pretty cool looking game there.
That. Also, the beyond shitty explosions.

The narration is really cheesy too, but I could get over it.
These are the same problems I had watching it, along with aiming seemed pretty crappy, and some of the powers seemed incredibly weak (the push move specifically). The animation seemed off, etc.
I'll go back to playing inFamous, and hope this gets better. I was NOT impressed.

Jeffro Tull

Sep 27, 2010
Wow! This property has a lot of potential. I was blown away by this video. For those of you complaining about the graphics, keep in mind that this is obviously still in production.

jmarquiso

Nov 21, 2009
HeraldGustav said:
What the hell?! This is Mage: the Awakening for you people! Damn that will be a good game to play! *_*

For mor info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mage:_The_Awakening
Yeah, I was going to say. It looks like an adaptation of it - wonder if they took the work for Hero and licensed it?