Awkward Male/Female Questions

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
erefe said:
Ok, so awkward question about the opposite sex. The other day, I was hanging out with someone I've been interested in and after a rather unsuccessful pass at him he ended up telling me to just stop. The weird thing is that he didn't go with the usual "I like you, just as a friend" speech I normally get from anyone I like. Instead, he said "I think of you as a lady, not as someone who just hits on average guys". What does that even mean? I'm guessing it's a kind of friend-zoning but beyond that it just doesn't make any sense.
Actually, this whole thing gives me a question.

Ladies, if you're interested in someone... why not tell them? Seems a lot of people wait for the guy to make the first move, and I doubt that everyone has the same attitude as the above example.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
erefe said:
Ok, so awkward question about the opposite sex. The other day, I was hanging out with someone I've been interested in and after a rather unsuccessful pass at him he ended up telling me to just stop. The weird thing is that he didn't go with the usual "I like you, just as a friend" speech I normally get from anyone I like. Instead, he said "I think of you as a lady, not as someone who just hits on average guys". What does that even mean? I'm guessing it's a kind of friend-zoning but beyond that it just doesn't make any sense.
straight guy here.

dafuq?

He must be really REALLY old fashioned. A girl making a pass at me (without trying to subtle hint at getting me to hit on them) would be a breathe of fresh air. It would be nice for someone else to take the first step, would be a load off my back.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Daveman said:
MetalMagpie said:
Daveman said:
But yeah, I got asked if I was circumcised yesterday. That was an awkward question. In the process I found out women know fuck all about cocks.
Be fair here, some women know fuck-all about cocks. And that's generally because they haven't been in close contact with many of them. I'd imagine a good proportion of young guys know very little about the detail of a woman's downstairs.
Yeah, guys are equally guilty of ignorance but we clearly need better PSHE. These women are potential mothers deciding whether or not to circumcise their children without knowing what the foreskin even is really.
It's a good point. There isn't any particular reason guys need to know about female anatomy (apart from for pleasing-of-partner purposes). Then again, I thought in the UK only Jews and Muslims circumcised their sons (and they're going to do it anyway as it's a religious thing).

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
Vault101 said:
DevilWithaHalo said:
I suppose the willingness and ability to give me what I want regarding fantasy. Using the OP example; say I tell my woman at some point that I would very much enjoy her to dress like a school girl, with lolipop accessory, and she tells me it's not going to happen. It means to me that she cares so little about my fantasies; how much does she really care about me at all? The point of a relationship, in my eyes at least, is to find someone that wants to help you obtain and experience everything your heart desires. Is the relationship purely self serving for her? Am I to gave to her every whims while she stands opposed to my own? Fuck that. I could rant a long time on this, but I'll spare you the mess. ;)
so you'd be perfectly happy to dress up a chun lee from streetfighter while your girlfreind sticks a Dildo up your-

you know to help her obtain and experience everything her heart desires
Yes. Provided she helps me with mine.

Of course, I'm fucked up like that.

lizabeth19

Nov 30, 2010
Odgical said:
Phasmal said:
Ok, one for guys:

Do any of you actually spend any amount of time actively trying to decide if you or others are alpha/beta/someothershit?
Because it comes up a lot here, and it's confusing.
Of course. I yawn in front of my best friends and see who else yawns... then I get sad when it turns out nobody does. I then make an active effort not to yawn when someone else tries the same shenaniganry. It's not serious at all, though.

Ladies, when you're on your periods does this mean you have to change towels after every shower or do you dry yourselves veeeeery carefully? Was going to ask my lady friend but I figured, hey, what's this thread for if not for this (I need to wait a bit, though, as I texted only a few days ago inquiring about boob sensitivity during periods).

PS, an alpha is the leader of the group or a sporty guy?
Depends. The uterine lining being shed (fun fact: not all the uterine lining is shed, only a small part) is, on average, between a tablespoon and three tablespoons. I'm on the light side, so I wash my parts as normal and dry. Others people with uteri might be different. If you want to know about ladyfriend's situation, you're just going to have to ask her.

nerdsamwich

Feb 25, 2009
Harley Q said:
Binnsyboy said:
'What's your name, again?'

I'm getting quite adept at talking my way out of that one :D

[small]Oh God, why are all my relationships so shallow and unfulfilling?[/small]
Just say "hey gorgeous/sexy/miss/darlin'/etc. It covers a lot of ground.

The only thing that ever bothers me about BFs is the lying thing, the little white lies they tell cause they're "worried about upsetting me". Stuff like, going to a stag do and lying about the strip club, it's a stag do, I kind of expect that there are going to strippers involved, going out to a bar all night and BSing about it, dude you were out last night, you still smell of whiskey and your best mate tweeted a pic of you vomiting against a lamp-post.

It's lying over stupid stuff that I'm supposed to be offended by, when I'm not offended by it and have informed them that I would rather they were honest instead of spinning a BS story.
Unfortunately, every woman we've ever met has told us that same thing, and not one of them meant it.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
erefe said:
Honestly, if that was his exact phrasing, it sounds like he might have self-esteem issues. Like he thinks that you're too good for him.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Dags90 said:
Nope. One of the crappy parts of being gay is that when your partner does something you can't explain, you can't just chalk it up to some generalization of how their entire gender thinks or acts. You just have to...deal with it.
That's rough. Well, at least gays get parades right?

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Hexenwolf said:
erefe said:
Honestly, if that was his exact phrasing, it sounds like he might have self-esteem issues. Like he thinks that you're too good for him.
I agree with Hexen. That guy sounds like a bigger self-depreciator that Conan O'Brian and Jesse Eisenberg put together.
Or maybe he's gay.
Or maybe he's super nice and friend-zoning you.
Or maybe he isn't even human.
Probably one of those.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Phasmal said:
Ok, one for guys:

Do any of you actually spend any amount of time actively trying to decide if you or others are alpha/beta/someothershit?
Because it comes up a lot here, and it's confusing.
No.

I'm awesome, and I know it.

The only people who pull the whole alpha/beta thing are people with self image issues. Either they're validating their own twattishness, or they're socially awkward, and trick themselves into thinking said levels of twattishness will fix their problems, make them gain a kilogram of muscle and sprout an extra inch below the belt.

Also, misogynism comes into it a surprising amount. The whole alpha beta thing implies women are all the same, and success with you requires uniform strategy no different than camping on Call of Duty, or executing a Raid on World of Warcraft.

So personally, I think one's belief in the alpha/beta system beyond something pack oriented animals do is in direct proportion to how big your personal issues are.

'Can we cuddle after?' is usually a hard one to execute in new relationships.

I like cudding... ;_;

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Vault101 said:
so you'd be perfectly happy to dress up a chun lee from streetfighter while your girlfreind sticks a Dildo up your-

Dan Savage the sex columnist advocates a concept called "good, giving and game". The idea that the perfect model for sex in a relationship is that it should be as good as possible and equally giving and receiving. The game part requires that you have an open mind to your partners wishes, but it's not an obligation to do something that makes you uncomfortable.

If my girlfriend got off on the above I'd talk to her about what she find sexy about it and then try to facilitate the fantasy. If it just absolutely doesn't work, then there'd be compromise. Say maybe the costume and just a finger up there. Or just the costume.

But I wouldn't issue a blanket refusal immediately.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
WolfThomas said:
I get what you mean , though it does make me wonder some of the people who advocate doing certain things may not be willing to go the other way

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
burningdragoon said:
Vault101 said:

You've been reading my diary?
It's available in Audio Book format now, read by Morgan Freeman.
I rather have it read by Liam Neeson. Much more of a turn-on with that voice >.>

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
D Moness said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
burningdragoon said:
Vault101 said:

You've been reading my diary?
It's available in Audio Book format now, read by Morgan Freeman.
I rather have it read by Liam Neeson. Much more of a turn-on with that voice >.>
Neeson had to step out to get cut in half. All we have left is Keanu Reeves. Is that good enough?