Aye, Sir: Captain Picard To Be Knighted in New Year

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Since he is above everyone in awesomeness, I think it's only right that everyone calls him "sir".

quantum mechanic

Jul 8, 2009
Yes! He deserves it.

Actually, I've been confusing him and Sir Ian McKellan for years when it comes to which one had a knighthood. Now I won't look stupid anymore.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
I'm surprised he's 69. Looks a lot younger.

And his knighthood is well-deserved.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Sir Patrick Stewart...Man, it's gonna be weird to watch Fall of Eagles now, with Lenin being played by a man knighted by the Queen, relative to the man he usurped...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Good for him. He's a brilliant actor and it's nice to see him be recognized.

*Obligatory "make it so"*

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Grayjack72 said:
Why doesn't Kirk get knighted?
He has no talent, can barely speak, and the adoration of thousands of nerds doesn't mean so much as a bucket of shit (or KFC, same thing).

There are people FAR better than Shatner to knight, none the least of which would be;
Edward James Olmos
Summer Glau
Clint Eastwood
Trey Parker
Sir Ian McKellen (A second knighting: One for Gandalf, one for Magneto)
Robert Asprin (Deceased unfortunately)
Robert A Heinlein (Deceased as well)
Robert C "Evel" Knievel (Man, the reaper sure loves Roberts)

Don't know the rules/criteria for knighthood, but any one of those above are better than the Shat.
Well, I wouldn't know about that. I don't watch Star Trek.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Caliostro said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
I think I speak for everyone here when I say: "Oh, hell yes."
>
Actually I think the right words would be: "Make it so."
Would also be Engage!

and here is a cake for him (sound byte) yet totally awesome and fitting.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/jlpicard/images/piccake.wav

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Jadak said:
I have no respect for royalty, but I can't argue with this...

On second thought, the fact that mere race car drivers are also getting Knighted takes all the prestige out of this. Picard deserves something better than being grouped with those nobodies.
Exactly my thoughts. I have no respect for royalty, and I am dissapointed that he is grouped with things I don't like, but I am happy for him anyways, because Patrick Stewart is just awesome, and he deserves some recognition.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
As I said in the first thread I saw about this:
He'd earned this. He's done a lot for people's entertainment, and it is hard to find an actor more deserving of being knighted.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
I dont care about formalities like that, if i meet him i'm still calling him 'Captain'

Feb 18, 2009
I'm fairly sure you have to be British to be knighted so Shatner couldn't be one.
OT: he is awesome.
"And this machine that turns water into cocaine, well I'll take that one home. The rest of you, sort it out among yourselves."

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
I think I speak for everyone here when I say: "Oh, hell yes."
Yes, yes you do. He is an immense actor and I still love the fact that he has such a good sense of humour when it comes to his acting - his roles in Family Guy and American Dad speak this at great volume.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
RelexCryo said:
Jadak said:
I have no respect for royalty, but I can't argue with this...

On second thought, the fact that mere race car drivers are also getting Knighted takes all the prestige out of this. Picard deserves something better than being grouped with those nobodies.
Exactly my thoughts. I have no respect for royalty, and I am dissapointed that he is grouped with things I don't like, but I am happy for him anyways, because Patrick Stewart is just awesome, and he deserves some recognition.
Actually Formula 1 Racing is (at the risk of sounding like I actually care about the sport) not that bad. Compared to NASCAR, it's a whole lot better. Mostly because it's based in Europe and its fanbase isn't made up of mostly rednecks.

I don't know why I just defended Formula 1, but whatever.