Aye, Sir: Captain Picard To Be Knighted in New Year

lodo_bear

Nov 15, 2009
Caligulove said:
I think all I have to say for this, is just display my avatar.

But that man deserves it
[http://patrickstewart.thomspace.com/]
"If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today." "Make it so!"

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
ucciolord1 said:
I want him and Sir Ian McKellen to have a duel. Gandalf's wizardry vs. Picard.
That would be awsesome.
No, no, no... Gandalf vs Xavier, or Magneto vs Picard.
Why don't we just clone them both and have a giant brawl between all of their characters?

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
ucciolord1 said:
Khell_Sennet said:
ucciolord1 said:
I want him and Sir Ian McKellen to have a duel. Gandalf's wizardry vs. Picard.
That would be awsesome.
No, no, no... Gandalf vs Xavier, or Magneto vs Picard.
Why don't we just clone them both and have a giant brawl between all of their characters?
Aside from cloning not working that way?

I'd have to say that it would not be safe to put the world's foremost psycher in the presence of a former Borg "Prince" for lack of a better designation. Could lead to trouble, especially if the Borg inside Picard reactivated and was able to assimilate Charles.
Dammit. Foiled by common sense again!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
WanderFreak said:
Patrick Stewart: making all other men seem pathetic in comparison.
I would not say that. Sir Ian McKellen is pretty awesome. I mean how can you argue that Magneto and Gandalf were not awesome.

Kevvers

Sep 14, 2008
AfterAscon said:
Most awards are just political devices now in order to win favour with the public. They should go back to being military medals and awarded to people who contributed greatly to Britain and the world. It doesn't seem right giving awards to such as sports people who did particularly well in one championship.
I think they do give out the VC military medal for outstanding bravery. They also have a whole division of knighthoods which are presumably there to reward the generals and such. I wouldn't underestimate the good that an excellent and well-known actor or an inspirational sportsman can do for Britain's standing in the world anyway. It's not like we have an empire anymore so there aren't all these colonial governors that need placating with titles, and the civil servants get a fair amount of honours as it is anyway.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
gof22 said:
WanderFreak said:
Patrick Stewart: making all other men seem pathetic in comparison.
I would not say that. Sir Ian McKellen is pretty awesome. I mean how can you argue that Magneto and Gandalf were not awesome.
Easy... Magneto's helmet SUCKED! Oh how I wish they stuck with the one from the comics.
I guess it did. But Gandalf was surely an awesome character.