B-Movie Miami Connection Pits Ninjas Against Musicians

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
B-Movie Miami Connection Pits Ninjas Against Musicians

Looking for a bizarre B-Movie to enjoy this holiday season? You can hardly go wrong with Miami Connection.

Read Full Article

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I dunno. This sounds intriguing, but I think my top B-movie schlock film will still always be Starcrash, for three reasons:

- It features David Hasselhoff in his "prime", along with all 7.1 liters-displacement of his 80's hair

- It delivers the line "scan them with our computer waves" in earnest seriousness

- It tries so very very hard, and it actually manages one fairly decent stop-motion "laser sword" fight

But hey, you can never have too much B-movie schlock!

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
The Rogue Wolf said:
I dunno. This sounds intriguing, but I think my top B-movie schlock film will still always be Starcrash, for three reasons:

- It features David Hasselhoff in his "prime", along with all 7.1 liters-displacement of his 80's hair

- It delivers the line "scan them with our computer waves" in earnest seriousness

- It tries so very very hard, and it actually manages one fairly decent stop-motion "laser sword" fight

But hey, you can never have too much B-movie schlock!
I think you just inspired a potential B-movie review in the future!

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
If you haven't seen "Miami Connection", do whatever you can to see it, it's utterly hysterical. I love "so bad they're good" movies, and it's easily in my top 3.

It's basically got every "awesome 80's" cliché imaginable, just really, really poorly executed. Ninjas, a synth rock-band, cocaine, Miami vice type setting, love affair with martial arts, you name it. Combine it with some of the worst acting and dialogue ever made, not to mention a lead actor who clearly barely speaks a word of English, and you're in for a treat.

Tragically, it was on Netflix instaplay for a while, but seems to have disappeared.