Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
https://abc7chicago.com/legend-smalls-houston-shooting/10426336/

According to civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump, who has gained recent notoriety for advocating on behalf of George Floyd's family, 1-year-old Legend Smalls had to have part of his skull removed to relieve the swelling in his brain. Legend is in the pediatric ICU.

Crump and Legend's family held a press conference to talk about the shooting. Legend's mother, Daisha Smalls, was in attendance. This was the first time she's left baby Legend's side in the hospital.

The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. on March 3 at a Chevron gas station near the Southwest Freeway and Beechnut.

Initial reports from HPD said Smalls was parked at the gas station at pump 4. They also state that she was outside her car getting gas, and her baby was in the back seat.

But during Tuesday's briefing, Smalls disputes this detail. She said after the suspect in a black Mercedes crashed at the gas station and made his way to her vehicle, she was in the driver's seat.

According to Smalls, the man jumped inside of the car and sat on top of her. She said she screamed repeatedly that she wasn't going to get out because her baby was in the back seat.

Houston police said they had been chasing the man for about three miles. They said the black Mercedes he was driving was possibly linked to two aggravated robberies.

Officers thought he was about to steal the woman's car. Police say the man had a gun, so officers told him to drop it.

According to police, the man didn't drop the gun, and that's when the officer fired, hitting not only the suspect, but also the 1-year-old child in the back seat.

"They knew she was in the car, but they still shot anyway, knowing a Black woman was in the car," said Crump. "Her life matters."

Police say the officer who opened fire didn't know baby Legend was in the vehicle.

"The most important thing right here, for our entire city, pray for this 1-year-old and that mother," HPD Executive Assistant Chief Troy Finner said after the shooting. "Can you imagine? She's pumping gas, probably coming from work or whatever, and has to go through this. And now she's in the hospital and we're all praying for that baby."

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure that people will be along shortly to trawl through the 1-year-old's history, looking for any hints that he might have a record or some other unflattering details they can exploit. Maybe he stole a lollypop from a toddler.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Y'all didn't see Part 2 of "Who shot Mr Burns" growing up and it shows...

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Cool and good.

Edit: in case it isn’t obvious I’m just tired of saying “the cops” to all of these so I went with sarcasm. Y’all need to calm down.9BE852E5-996C-4FB9-9806-4E52B5C6C631.png

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It's Legend Smalls' fan club
Honestly unsure why your joke flies but my exasperated sarcasm doesn’t, then I remember it’s probably because they don’t think of me as a human being given the whole communism thing. Well, and I’m an asshole. Realistically I did this to myself.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Honestly unsure why your joke flies but my exasperated sarcasm doesn’t
Feel my joke was the best (it's layered, but I only understand the surface of the joke), but no real idea what's going on here or why there's a separate place people go to talk about what people say in this other place. Signs of long COVID?

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Feel my joke was the best (it's layered, but I only understand the surface of the joke), but no real idea what's going on here or why there's a separate place people go to talk about what people say in this other place. Signs of long COVID?
Nah, it goes back to the old Escapist. Some friends of mine made a discord I left because I was already in a different one with the former members I cared about. It gradually accumulated weirdos and now I occasionally get screen shots from there because they keep trying to own me in predictable and dull ways.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde
Status
Not open for further replies.