Baby names?

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
I think John would be a cool name. Or Paul. Maybe even Dave. I'm not a fan of these fancy names myself, it'll only end up with the kids becoming embarassed of their own name for their whole life.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
bodyklok said:
TheTygerfire said:
bodyklok said:
No I don't want kids, but if I had any they would be called.

Kratos.

PS I hope your adoption goes well.
lol adoption.
Well I don't see why thats funny. I just assumed that, since you were gay you were going to adopt/buy off ebay/steal a baby. Rather than have a sex change operation or something like that.
.....you don't know how the human body works, do you?

Also, I quiet like my penis right where it is, thank you...
Look two guys can't have a baby with one another, but I suppose you could donate sperm/have sex with a woman to have a baby and then take care of it. But I just assumed that you didn't want ot do that.

VicMcSeven

Mar 18, 2009
Oh, I want kids. Many, many kids. I like Gabriel for a boy. For a girl I'm waffling between Esther and Estelle...

Siiner

Jul 18, 2008
Can't have children due to radiation (Not sure where the hell I got irradiated) but if I could, I would name a son Razputan and a daughter Kelana.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
No. I don't want kids. But if it happens it happens.

For a girl, Eryn, for a boy Nathaniel.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
I think on the last baby name thread, I went with amino acids.

I think I'd name my kids after drugs at the moment.

Boys-
Cromolyn
Revatio (sounds...Italian)
Macrodantin (Mac or Dan for short)
Fosamax (FosamaxTheReaper if he ever joined our site)
Actos

Girls-
Allegra (no kidding, I think this is a real name)
Claritin
Glumetza (sounds almost Russian, I think)
Megesterol (Meg for short)
Avandia

Yeah, thats it for now, and I assure you that with one of these awesome names, your kid will not hate you for his/her entire life and/or be made fun of at school for his/her name.

mALX

Feb 11, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
A child's name is something extremely important. You need to have it either down before hand or come up with it pretty quick after birth, or the whole certificate thing will be difficult. And you have to choose something that the won't want to change after 18 years.

The two questions posed here are

1) Are you planning on having any children? and
2) Have you thought about any possible names for said children?

Me? Hell yes I'm having kids. My boyfriend and I (homo, just getting it out of the way to avoid confusion) have been set on it since our relationship got into the "last forever" zone.
Right now the names we've chosen are Krystal for a girl, and Tyler for a boy. Planning on one of each.
I like to choose names because of their meanings. For instance, one of my children was concieved on a camping trip in the mountains. It rained the whole time to the point where it was flooding. Couldn't fish or build a campfire, so spent the whole trip inside the tent. For my son's middle name we picked Hamilton, which means: From the beautiful mountain.

My youngest son's middle name is Weylon, which means: son of the wolf, but his first name is Max (not Maximillion or Maxwell; just Max) which means: The Greatest! So he is the greatest son of the wolf. The wolf was my husband's pseudo nickname.

Aussiboy

Apr 16, 2008
Well I think iam a long way off having kids yet (only 18 and would need to find a great guy and a surrogate or adoption agency) but wanting one by the time iam like 30-35 any who back to names. I would go with something like Nikko for a girl and Steven for a boy.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Ianto if its a boy

STEAL THIS NAME AND I WILL CUT YOU!

Sorry don't know what got over me

Edit: Pronounced Yahn-toh

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Yup, maybe in my early thirties when my career is well established so I don't have to worry about money though.

I've always liked the names Kelsey, Clemantine, Claire and James.

Incompl te

Dec 13, 2008
I wish you the best with whatever means you choose to have a child.

I personally like the name Seth for a boy and Chloe for a girl.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Seems like not getting married and not getting childre is quite populare conception within Escapists members. Half do not want it, the other half allready has it/do want it.
Me, I belong to the first part. Also. I do not need any child, since I have a niese that looks awfully lot like me. So my genes has been passed on. Well, some of them , at least. She is moving a whole lot while sleeping. And I'm the only one of my siblings doing that.

As for names. I've allways loved the name "Lucas" for boys. It's just a really awsome name. So if I were to actually have a child, and it would be a boy. I would call him Lucas (If my partner would allow, that is). As for girls. Well, there is one name I really love. It's more of a norwegian name, so you won't understand it. However, it is "vilje". And freely translated, it means will. In the sense of "I didn't mean to do so", and "My will shall be forced upon these peasents".

Inverse Skies said:
Wait .. Clementine? Like the kind of orange we eat at easter? Is that a name?

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Daye.04 said:
Inverse Skies said:
Wait .. Clementine? Like the kind of orange we eat at easter? Is that a name?
Yup, the first time I realised it was a name is a girl in the year above in highschool had that name. Then I later found out that Huckleberry Hound is always singing about his 'Darling Clemantine' so yep, its a name all right. I didn't know it was some sort of orange though...

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
Yup, the first time I realised it was a name is a girl in the year above in highschool had that name. Then I later found out that Huckleberry Hound is always singing about his 'Darling Clemantine' so yep, its a name all right. I didn't know it was some sort of orange though...
Well, clementine is not so bad. I've heard worse. Like this dude who was convicted of murder or something. Before he went to jail, he added a middle name "innocent". That's .. That's just ..

Clementine? Am I completely wrong, or is that the small version of oranges. You know. The one you eat at easter?

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Daye.04 said:
Well, clementine is not so bad. I've heard worse. Like this dude who was convicted of murder or something. Before he went to jail, he added a middle name "innocent". That's .. That's just ..

Clementine? Am I completely wrong, or is that the small version of oranges. You know. The one you eat at easter?
I'm sensing some sort of cultural difference! We usually eat chocolate easter eggs at Easter...

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
I'm sensing some sort of cultural difference! We usually eat chocolate easter eggs at Easter...
There are probably some, but not as much as you think. We do also eat easter eggs and chocolate at easter. But we also eat these small oranges .. Clementines ...
Hold on a sec ...
Cle-men-tine [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementine] =P
Don't tell me you've never hear do that before?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Bofus Teefus said:
Abedeus said:
Bofus Teefus said:
You know this is exactly how an allergy drug is called? Okay, you missed the "e" at the end, but more or less...
No "e" at the end in the US. They were all US drugs.
Yeah, but in Poland it's Claritine. Stupid, I know, but what can I do? I'm just... *counts* one man.

Also, for the love of God, don't name her something stupid like Clementine or Hortance. Really.