Back from a long break

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
Sup guys I've been around the Escapist for a long time now. Kinda cool to see how it's changed since back in the day. I've been gone for a while but I remember when I used to post all the time and I knew a lot of people back then. Now I don't recognize anybody anymore (I miss Max) :(

Anywhoooo I felt like posting and seeing how many people here are feeling like me? Any longtime Escapists here that took a break and are back? Any old timers that have witnessed the site change gradually? More importantly anyone ever look back at their posts and be like "I said that stuff?"

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!!!

...sorry, that's just my default reaction anytime I see anyone in any thread ever.

The only time I've "taken a break" was a two month stint when I had LASIK done and I physically couldn't use a computer (in the words of Gizmo....BRIGHT LIGHT! BRIGHT LIGHT!). I'm also amazed at how stupid I was back in the day but everyone between the ages of 0-101 are dumb; I'm just smart enough now to realize how dumb I am.

FlyAwayAutumn

May 19, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!!!

...sorry, that's just my default reaction anytime I see anyone in any thread ever.

The only time I've "taken a break" was a two month stint when I had LASIK done and I physically couldn't use a computer (in the words of Gizmo....BRIGHT LIGHT! BRIGHT LIGHT!). I'm also amazed at how stupid I was back in the day but everyone between the ages of 0-101 are dumb; I'm just smart enough now to realize how dumb I am.
Hey you've been around longer than I have! That's not allowed! I wanna feel special! But yeah sometimes I look back and I'm glad I'm not so "Holier than thou" about things

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
You've made a terrible mistake.

Run.

Run while you still can! I'll distract the guards, it's too late for me.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
2010 kids are the best kids

I remember I took a long break before coming back, mostly to start doing some rp

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've got a pub-club membership. It'd be awful economic plannign for me to ever take a break from this sweet place.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Fellow curmudgeon here, welcome back!

I too, have witnessed the website shift in focus over the years. Some good changes, some not-so good. All-in-all though, The Escapist is still the same ol' girl it always has been: a home for like-minded individuals to talk about whatever they want.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Random Fella said:
2010 kids are the best kids

I remember I took a long break before coming back, mostly to start doing some rp
There wasn't even a The Escapist forum before June 2013, what are you on about?

OT: Well I've not, obviously. I think I joined at some horrific time frame though. Just a few days or weeks short of the biggest surge of arguments and fits after the Xbox One's announcements and current gen looking as grim as is, then a few months of solace, then that err... event in 2014's waning months. I suppose I've seen the attitude change before my very eyes, I shan't imagine what it would be like if I took a break. You are all under my watchful eye.

FlyAwayAutumn

May 19, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Hey, remember the fun place this used to be? Bet you missed that huh?

Yeah, me too.
It's still cool right? Right

TopazFusion said:
"old-timers" huh? I wonder if I would be included in that now...
Hm 2011 thar? You're getting there

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
TopazFusion said:
"old-timers" huh? I wonder if I would be included in that now...
I at least count you into those guys :)

I reccognize people on their av....

Z of the Na said:
Fellow curmudgeon here, welcome back!
......WWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!
When did your avatar change???

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Topic:

Welcome back I guess. I'm still enjoying my stay in my 2 user groups and a few threads now and then :D
Not nearly as active as a few year back though, not as many topics I feel like addressing these days :/