Bad movies you love

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Damn, some of you guys need to redefine what a bad movie is.

For me, nothing beats Battlefield Earth. Best worst movie ever. I always lose it when our "hero" crashes through something like 8 windows, and then later attacks his enemies with a fire hose during bath time.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
The Room. It is its own 101 class on how NOT to make a movie of any kind. The absolute worst pile I have ever seen, but induced more genuine laughter than most comedies are capable of. "DAMN you Lisa!"

Violator[xL]

Nov 14, 2007
Star Trek the (slow) Motion Picture. Basicly nothing happens for 90% of the film except for the Enterprise flying slowly of into some giant..... hole.

MindFragged

Apr 2, 2009
DrunkOnEstus said:
The Room. It is its own 101 class on how NOT to make a movie of any kind. The absolute worst pile I have ever seen, but induced more genuine laughter than most comedies are capable of. "DAMN you Lisa!"
This. You hear that a film raises more questions than it answers sometimes, but The Room is something else entirely: completely and utterly baffling at every level of its being. It might as well have been called '...WTF?'

Also, Churchill: The Hollywood Years. I liked it, the critics apparently didn't. Anyone else?

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
Avengers. Even by the standards of superhero movies it was extremely stupid. The character largely have no inner or social obstacles to overcome making the movie dumber than Ghost Rider 2. The main appeal seems to be that it's a bunch of different characters all in one movie for branding reason. It's not a movie it's a Pavlov's bell for dumb fanboys. Even Joss Wheadon couldn't save it because he toned down his directing and writing style making it feel generic and corporate. I still liked it, but only because I'm the type of loser who recognized all the comic book references including the revel at the end.

MindFragged

Apr 2, 2009
Pseudonym2 said:
Avengers. Even by the standards of superhero movies it was extremely stupid. The character largely have no inner or social obstacles to overcome making the movie dumber than Ghost Rider 2. The main appeal seems to be that it's a bunch of different characters all in one movie for branding reason. It's not a movie it's a Pavlov's bell for dumb fanboys. Even Joss Wheadon couldn't save it because he toned down his directing and writing style making it feel generic and corporate. I still liked it, but only because I'm the type of loser who recognized all the comic book references including the revel at the end.
.... I think that might come more under the topic 'movies that are acclaimed that you think are crap'.

Supercereal

Mar 3, 2012
Rat Race(2001) it was far from a good movie but damn if it doesnt send me into girlish giggle fits

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Dr. Cakey said:
All I can think of are the Pokemon.
That's all you need to think of.
They are so bad yet so deliciously good.

I think Ash turns into a ninja in one of them when he jumps down something like 2 meters, swings off a beam and catches a falling orb with his feet. It was so stupidly ridiculous.

Alcoholidayer

Sep 16, 2012
well i thought the superhero movie was funny.

Ryan Myst said:
Independence Day (1996)

I enjoyed that movie even though I've heard others say it was pretty bad. The script may not have been perfect, but I enjoyed the performances of most the actors and execution of several memorable scenes.
I enjoyed that movie as well though granted, I was 9 at that time. A tad over the top and focused too much on spectacle, but a fun watch. The only thing rather off-putting about it was its giant USArection, which struck me as odd even at that age.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Marter said:
Something like Drive Angry, perhaps? Or something from Robert Rodriguez like Planet Terror or Machete? I do love me some Doomsday and Van Helsing, too.

Oh, and The Happening. It's so funny.
Aren't you forgetting anything?

Edit - Ninjas, ninjas everywhere.

OT: I really like Superhero but it got bad ratings, also Wrath Of The Titans was pretty good.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Star Trek Generations apparently sucked according to most people and yeah, technically not a good movie. But it's Star Trek Next Gen on the big screen so I can't help but love it.

Inland Empire is probably a bad 'movie' in the sense that it only starts to make the slightest bit of sense after about 5 viewings, and movies probably should be able to be figured out first time. But I love it.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World, I have not qualms in saying it's a bad movie and it will date faster than ripe bananas in the sun, but it's just so good.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Uh well.. Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace is my favorite Star Wars movie, and people seem to hate both it and me for saying that =3. I just love that damn movie Oo.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
Every Steven Seagal film.
First person to say they're actually good films gets a hug. And maybe some counselling. Because they really are bad. Awesomely bad.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Playful Pony said:
Uh well.. Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace is my favorite Star Wars movie, and people seem to hate both it and me for saying that =3. I just love that damn movie Oo.
I just do not understand the hate people get for liking any of the new Star Wars movies. I hate the movies. I cannot understand how anyone could like or enjoy them but I do not hate them for doing so. It makes no sense.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Gizmo1990 said:
Playful Pony said:
I just do not understand the hate people get for liking any of the new Star Wars movies. I hate the movies. I cannot understand how anyone could like or enjoy them but I do not hate them for doing so. It makes no sense.
Heh. I think a lot of people don't understand that it's OK to not like things. I certainly dislike a whole lot of things. I dislike StarCraft 2 for example, it is by no means entertaining to me. Doesn't mean I go about yelling at people that do like it, there is no reason to! I'm comfortable in what I enjoy, people should be in the things they enjoy too...

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
I really enjoyed the Priest movie. Mostly because I used to really like vampire movies, and Priest was the first movie I'd seen in a long time where the vampires weren't angsty, or 'heartthrobs,' or teenagers, or... well, yeah, you know what popular culture has done to vampires lately.

I also really like Van Helsing, for similar reasons. Vampires, Werewolves, Mr. Hyde, and Frankenstein's Monster, all in the same movie? Gotta love it. Although, I hear that there's a sequel in the works, and the titular lead has been passed to none other than Tom Cruise, so I may change my mind about it very soon.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
Doom - A pretty dumb game-to-movie which was panned by most. After watching it the first time, I thought it was a basic, forgettable action flick. A few years later I watched it again and it became somewhat more palatable. Long story short: I can now watch the film over and over and it never gets tiring! The Rock is so ludicrous and the dialogue is so awful, yet it feels like the film is fully aware of its status as a fun Mars shoot-em-up. So you just can't hate it!

Event Horizon - This film actually scared the shit outta me when I saw it as a kid. Even by today's standards some of the scenes are outrageously gory. Despite the heavy criticism (Which is well deserved btw), I still love the film and can watch it repeatedly with friends.

Clash/Wrath of the Titans - I'm a sucker for anything involving an epic quest and mythological creatures, especially with effects as good as these.

Dog Soldiers - This fairly obscure British film actually received quite favourable reviews. It was extremely low budget and features a cast of relative unknowns. Nevertheless it is considered one of the best werewolf films ever made, and I highly recommend watching it!

Darkness Falls - A truly awful film. I watched it lots as a kid, but as I got older it seemed progressively worse. No matter what you think of the film, the main monster (Tooth fairy!?) is undoubtedly terrifying! (See opening 10 mins or so!)