Balance changes you'd like to see in UMvC3

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
1: Give MODOK a Level 3 Hyper Attack that can be used in combos. Or how about just a Level 3 Hyper in general? That'd be nice...

2: Make Dante's combos shorter. Not in terms of the combo damage, I mean how long the animations and just how long the combos actually last. Honestly, between his electric guitar spam wall of DOOM and the fact that if he so much as glances you, you're going to be spending the 45 seconds watching him pull off an ultra-long combo that takes away half of a single character's health bar as opposed to someone taking out 3/4 of one in 20 seconds, the biggest threat you have with Dante is the fucking time limit.

3: I second the "everyone should have an OTG move".

4: Give Viewtiful Joe more health and speed him up a little bit. And replace that bomb move.

5: Stop having Haggar lose health when using the Lariat. Yes, it's to keep it loyal to the game, but it's kinda unfair considering Akuma is also invincible with his spinning kick, can move, and has no penalty whatsoever for doing it.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
xPixelatedx said:
How about this for balance: I would like it to actually have punch and kick buttons. You know, like a... oh, FIGHTING GAME! I can't believe what a step backwards MVC3 was, I hope they fix this.
The 4 button system with 2 buttons for assists actually started in MvC2 not MvC3. I don't like it much either as I prefer more individual attacks, but it fits better with the extremely assist heavy gameplay that you find in MvC2 and MvC3. It would be really awkward to call out assists as often as you have to in MvC2/3 if you had to do it the old way.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Kalezian said:
What I am surprised is that instead of fixing the first MvC3, they decided it was a good idea to charge another $60 for a handful of new characters, a couple of new arenas, and fixes that should of been though of before release.
Umm.. 12 new characters, new stages, a tweaked story mode, a tweaked menu system, extra online functionality, and a full game rebalance based on months of actual real world gameplay including not only fixes but new moves for the returning cast all for $40 (basically the price of an old school expansion pack with as much content as many expansion packs had). Oh, and all on a single disc so you don't even have to own the original MvC3 to play it (and so it's in the best format for tournament use). Outside of maybe some validity in saying it's coming out too soon, I'm really not sure what the issue is here.

Matrixbeast

Sep 18, 2010
Ammy can no longer block out of her Air dash. That's kinda bad for me (Since I kinda abuse it), but hey. It was a necessary nerf lol.

Anyway, some things I would like to see changed:
Sentinel's Launcher losing it's Hyper Armor (This was recently confirmed and I already want to see it gone)
Stricter hitstun decay on Wesker's OTG gunshot. It's insanely good and because it's only a single hit, it doesn't cause so much hitstun decay (Like Dante's ground shots) and it's hard to screw up the input (Like Deadpool's H Katana-Rama).
Make Spidey's Ultimate Web Throw either: A) Useable in the air or B) Able to grab opponents on the ground (Not OTG, btw).
Thor needs some Super Armored normals, specials, or Hypers. Mighty Thunder being beaten out by a punch? Lol Wot?

MoD1212

Feb 2, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
X-23 needs some sort of aerial ultra, just to mix her game up a little bit, and her low assist needs a little boost.

Morrigan's rockets ultra is next to useless at range, that should be replaced with Soul Eraser from the older games.
StriderShinryu said:
Personally, I'm a long time Ryu fan so I'm hoping his new moves and buffs make him more of a viable character..
^ ninja'd but yea Chun li/Morrigan x-23 and Ryu are my team right now so that what i care most about and out-side of giving her a OTG i can't think of thing else chun li needs

i would also be down to see some speed nerfs on zero cuz that mofo that some stupid high priority

but everyone def needs a otg, or else it gonna be mvc2 all over again with half the roster not being tournament viable

WOPR said:
Make it so Ammy takes some actual skill to combo as (fHHHHHHHH...)
Also This^^^^ .... fuckin ammy....

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
WOPR said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Buffs?
Nerfs?
Nerf1: Make it so Ammy takes some actual skill to combo as (fHHHHHHHH...)
Nerf3: Dark Phoenix and Phoenix in General needs to be less spammy/less chip
Nerf4: Do something about Hulk
Nerf5: Sentinel.. enough said

Buff2: Give Captain America a piratical OTG
As much as I understand where the Ammy complaints come from, it's just staying true to her game. She has a simple built in ground combo. I'd be sad if it was removed completely.
I'd understand if the reflector combos get weakened. The reflector is so good that it sees use 80% of the time when Ammy is on the field. I don't know if anything should be done with the sword. Charging the ground combo is mostly pointless and you're better off using the reflector if you don't charge it. The beads forward combo is mostly useless in my opinion. It has range but lacks damage, can't be cancelled out of, and doesn't chip in any way.

Phoenix being spammy is kinda the point. She dies in one good combo anyway, so it's just a very extreme trade-off. Firing a projectile hyper as a counter will leave her mostly dead. The problem mostly comes from people saving LVL 3 X-Factor for Dark Phoenix. Changing X-Factor should fix her mostly.

I don't know what the big deal is about Hulk or Sentinel. Maybe it's just my team. I run with Ammy, Zero, and Tronne/Wesker. I can break the guard of turtle Hulks/Sents eventually if I just keep on the pressure (Ammy reflector, Zero Sougenmu, Tronne fire assist). I fight aggressive players with Tronne since Ammy or Zero die quickly if I make a mistake. Or I hope to out-speed them with Zero/Ammy and have Tronne's assist take off pressure when I need it. Beam-spam Sentinels can be counter-spammed with Ammy until they mess up or I can use her projectile shield until they get frustrated and fight me for real. Then I lock them down with my pressure game because they don't usually know much outside of beam spamming.

"Give Captain America a practical OTG." Ditto that, but replace Cap with "everyone."

Dec 14, 2009
Aglaid said:
I want equal characters, I want Felicia to be just as viable as Sentinel, ect...
This I agree with.

For once, I would like a fighting game where every character is viable in their own way.

I'm sick of seeing Wesker/Akuma/Dante/Sentinel.

I can count the times on two hands that I've seen Felicia, Joe, MODOK and Arthur.

Chocolate Mousse

May 23, 2011
BUFF HSIEN KO GODDAMNIT.

lol sorry. It just kinda sucks sometimes that my fave char also happens to be the worst character in the game.

Dec 14, 2009
Chocolate Mousse said:
BUFF HSIEN KO GODDAMNIT.

lol sorry. It just kinda sucks sometimes that my fave char also happens to be the worst character in the game.
As a point character, I totally agree, but as an assist?

She's one of the most broken characters in the game (with the Rimouken Hyper Armour).

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Kalezian said:
StriderShinryu said:
Kalezian said:
What I am surprised is that instead of fixing the first MvC3, they decided it was a good idea to charge another $60 for a handful of new characters, a couple of new arenas, and fixes that should of been though of before release.
Umm.. 12 new characters, new stages, a tweaked story mode, a tweaked menu system, extra online functionality, and a full game rebalance based on months of actual real world gameplay including not only fixes but new moves for the returning cast all for $40 (basically the price of an old school expansion pack with as much content as many expansion packs had). Oh, and all on a single disc so you don't even have to own the original MvC3 to play it (and so it's in the best format for tournament use). Outside of maybe some validity in saying it's coming out too soon, I'm really not sure what the issue is here.

Angry Joe said it best:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/08/umvc3-angry-rant/
He sure is angry about it, but he seems to forget the fact that if they did just release the characters as DLC would be paying $60 for just the characters alone. And just because he isn't interested in any of the other characters doesn't mean no one is. I don't argue that the base game could have likely been patched to include a lot of the new content, but with the scope of the balancing including the new moves it's quite unlikely that said patch would have been free anyway.

Oh, and for all his anger he stepped back down on a lot of it when he interviewed Seth Killian face to face, and basically admitted that was his initial gut reaction and he may be overreacting based on not knowing all of the details yet.

Chocolate Mousse

May 23, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Chocolate Mousse said:
BUFF HSIEN KO GODDAMNIT.

She's one of the most broken characters in the game (with the Rimouken Hyper Armour).
Most people refuse to spend 1 hyper meter as well as risking a loss by selecting hsien Ko as part of their team. And since Hsien Ko has to be on point to activate her powers, you run an incredibly large risk for one godly assist.

Dec 14, 2009
Chocolate Mousse said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Chocolate Mousse said:
BUFF HSIEN KO GODDAMNIT.

Most people refuse to spend 1 hyper meter as well as risking a loss by selecting hsien Ko as part of their team. And since Hsien Ko has to be on point to activate her powers, you run an incredibly large risk for one godly assist.
Oh, I agree, but that's certainly one aspect about her that needs changing.

She needs a speed boost and a projectile that actually does something.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
s69-5 said:
Bionic Commando are broken.
Spencer isn't broken. Powerful but with some slow to decent speed normals. He's actually getting buffs. My team is Deadpool,Spencer,Tron and only Tron is getting nerfed. But I;ll still use her.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Chocolate Mousse said:
BUFF HSIEN KO GODDAMNIT.

She's getting some nice buffs