Balance changes you'd like to see in UMvC3

grimgor42

Mar 15, 2011
They need to put a massive buff on Arthur to make his keep away game strategy even more soul crushing for his opponents.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
grimgor42 said:
They need to put a massive buff on Arthur to make his keep away game strategy even more soul crushing for his opponents.
Aura Guardian said:
[link]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29565096&postcount=7093[/link]
here's the list folks
You'll be very happy with his buffs.

Dec 14, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29565096&postcount=7093
here's the list folks
Brilliant, thanks for that, looks like Morrigan is getting a substantial boost, and X-23 has a few improvements.

I would be lying if I said that I'm not sad to see Ammy's airdash cancel nerfed, but fair is fair, since she can now switch weapons midair, it should lead to some great new combos.

Dec 14, 2009
Doctor Glocktor said:
Get rid of Wesker. Don't nerf him, don't buff the others, just GET RID OF WESKER.
According to the link posted above, Wesker is getting substantial nerfs.

There is a god.

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Doctor Glocktor said:
Get rid of Wesker. Don't nerf him, don't buff the others, just GET RID OF WESKER.

There is a god.
Wesker getting nerfs, Trish and X-23 getting buffed out the ass?

I wish I had a link to hallelujah music.

Dec 14, 2009
Doctor Glocktor said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Doctor Glocktor said:

There is a god.
Wesker getting nerfs, Trish and X-23 getting buffed out the ass?

I wish I had a link to hallelujah music.
I'm not a fan of Trish, but I certainly welcome the X-23 changes.

I've used her and Ammy since day 1 in MvC3.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'd like Chris to have a little bit of an easier time getting in on people. I know he's meant to zone people and generally be a ranged character, but I enjoy playing him wrong.
Not sure how you'd go about buffing him, maybe a walkspeed boost or something. Not that it'll happen, either way.

Apart from the Wesker, Dante and Akuma nerfs being mentioned, I don't have much to add. I know Arthur's getting buffed, but I hope they're good enough to have him stand a chance against Firebrand. I mean, Firebrand is looking like a tough cookie, so being rivaled by, some would argue, the worst character in the game doesn't sound that exciting.

[sub]Didn't sneakily leave out Wolverine in the mentioned nerfs because I'm not very good and rely on him to win, where on Earth did you get that idea?[/sub]

Dec 14, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
I'd like Chris to have a little bit of an easier time getting in on people. I know he's meant to zone people and generally be a ranged character, but I enjoy playing him wrong.
Not sure how you'd go about buffing him, maybe a walkspeed boost or something. Not that it'll happen, either way.

Apart from the Wesker, Dante and Akuma nerfs being mentioned, I don't have much to add. I know Arthur's getting buffed, but I hope they're good enough to have him stand a chance against Firebrand. I mean, Firebrand is looking like a tough cookie, so being rivaled by, some would argue, the worst character in the game doesn't sound that exciting.

[sub]Didn't sneakily leave out Wolverine in the mentioned nerfs because I'm not very good and rely on him to win, where on Earth did you get that idea?[/sub]
I love fighting Arthur with Ammy :D

Because she can reflect all his projectiles.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
FreelanceButler said:

Guess you're gonna enjoy his health boost in Ultimate then. You get to reflect his spam for even longer!

I was actually surprised to find out Arthur has quite a few combos so you don't have to just use projectiles all the time. Shame they were too tricky for me to do consistently so I just resorted back to the ol' "Fire bottles all over the shop" routine.

Dec 14, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
Daystar Clarion said:
FreelanceButler said:

Guess you're gonna enjoy his health boost in Ultimate then. You get to reflect his spam for even longer!

I was actually surprised to find out Arthur has quite a few combos so you don't have to just use projectiles all the time. Shame they were too tricky for me to do consistently so I just resorted back to the ol' "Fire bottles all over the shop" routine.
Ammy'll be trollin' Arthur all day long.

MoD1212

Feb 2, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
here's the list folks
holy shit! Ryu is going to be a beast now!! i can't wait thx for that man

Dec 14, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
MoD1212 said:
Aura Guardian said:
here's the list folks
Hell yeah. Fuck Akuma.
Do you have idea whether chip damage has been changed or not?

I don't mind beam characters, but it's a tad annoying that, even when blocking them, they do quite a bit of damage.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
StriderShinryu said:
xPixelatedx said:
How about this for balance: I would like it to actually have punch and kick buttons. You know, like a... oh, FIGHTING GAME! I can't believe what a step backwards MVC3 was, I hope they fix this.
The 4 button system with 2 buttons for assists actually started in MvC2 not MvC3. I don't like it much either as I prefer more individual attacks, but it fits better with the extremely assist heavy gameplay that you find in MvC2 and MvC3. It would be really awkward to call out assists as often as you have to in MvC2/3 if you had to do it the old way.
Except even in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 you still had x2 kick and x2 punch buttons. There is a big different between 'jump low punch' and 'jump high punch' and I should be able to choose which one I want to do. Now the characters are flimsy and just do what they want because everything is context sensitive nonsense.

Dec 14, 2009
xPixelatedx said:
StriderShinryu said:
xPixelatedx said:
How about this for balance: I would like it to actually have punch and kick buttons. You know, like a... oh, FIGHTING GAME! I can't believe what a step backwards MVC3 was, I hope they fix this.
The 4 button system with 2 buttons for assists actually started in MvC2 not MvC3. I don't like it much either as I prefer more individual attacks, but it fits better with the extremely assist heavy gameplay that you find in MvC2 and MvC3. It would be really awkward to call out assists as often as you have to in MvC2/3 if you had to do it the old way.
Except even in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 you still had x2 kick and x2 punch buttons. There is a big different between 'jump low punch' and 'jump high punch' and I should be able to choose which one I want to do. Now the characters are flimsy and just do what they want because everything is context sensitive nonsense.
Edit: Nevermind, I misread.

My post was nonsense.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Aura Guardian said:
MoD1212 said:
Aura Guardian said:
here's the list folks
Hell yeah. Fuck Akuma.
Do you have idea whether chip damage has been changed or not?

I don't mind beam characters, but it's a tad annoying that, even when blocking them, they do quite a bit of damage.
I can't stand his Tastu to be honest.
Akuma's Tatsu,Ammy's F-H,Tron's J-H,Wesker....anything Uggh.

Chocolate Mousse

May 23, 2011
Oh God.... Even with these substantial nerfs, Wesker still looks gay as hell.

I don't care how many RE fanboys capcom will piss off, removing Wesker or making him a mere shell of his vanilla self is the only way to keep it fair.

P.S - These Hsien Ko buffs are kinda... well they're ok, but not really what she needed. What she needs is to be brought back to her old form in Vampire savior, where she could cancel her pendelum swing to move around the stage Spiderman-style, as well as making her playstyle rushdown again instead of the retardedly bad keepaway MVC3 is making her do.