"Balance? I know not of this 'balance.'"

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
Benjeezy said:
NeutralDrow said:
Hard to say. The most overpowered characters that come to mind are unplayable bosses. I'm also not about to mistake "person I have trouble fighting" for "unbalanced." I can't for the life of me beat my friend's Lee in Tekken 5: DR, other than maybe once every so often with Armor King. Doesn't mean Lee is broken.

Benjeezy said:
One of my friends says Wario from SSBB is a cheap POS. I disagreed...until my friends and I shot a video of this match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCAWwT2lAEk

That should link to the video. One specific point made my jaw drop, and I never looked at Wario the same again.
...I watched that entire video, waiting for the cheap moment.

Was it a different match?
Check the comments, specifically mine. Maybe Wario was designed like that, but i think he's busted.
Wolf rolled off the ledge into that. You'd have gotten the same result with Kirby, Dedede, or Yoshi.
Ok, cool. Thanks for pointing that out :)

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
willard3 said:
Christie and Eddy from Tekken seem to be really cheesy with their constant spin kicks that have ridiculous priority, range, and hitboxes. Yes, their combos are somewhat hard to pull off if you haven't drilled with them in practice mode for a while, but still. There's one cartwheel in particular that you can just do over and over, which will always hit you on the ground, even if you roll sideways.
These characters are a button mashers best friend. I'm not the best Tekken player in the world but I can never beat them when some retard picks them and starts randomly smashing buttons.

And that cartwheel can fuck off.

simply_simple

Aug 28, 2008
Yeah that Wario eat move doesn't really make him broken. it's easy as hell to avoid, just stay away form the edge.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Zangief in every game ever. He's not so much overpowered as he is frustrating as fuck. Oops, you went in at the wrong moment, there goes half your health in a power bomb. Eff you Zangief... Eff you.

Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Cable, Psylocke in MvC2 immediately spring to mind as well. All of those characters share common strengths: they're fast, they combo well, and they all have amazing supers and assists.

Sep 14, 2009
Benjeezy said:
NeutralDrow said:
Hard to say. The most overpowered characters that come to mind are unplayable bosses. I'm also not about to mistake "person I have trouble fighting" for "unbalanced." I can't for the life of me beat my friend's Lee in Tekken 5: DR, other than maybe once every so often with Armor King. Doesn't mean Lee is broken.

Benjeezy said:
One of my friends says Wario from SSBB is a cheap POS. I disagreed...until my friends and I shot a video of this match:

That should link to the video. One specific point made my jaw drop, and I never looked at Wario the same again.
...I watched that entire video, waiting for the cheap moment.

Was it a different match?
Check the comments, specifically mine. Maybe Wario was designed like that, but i think he's busted.
your friend is better then most people i have seen with wario, but he is far from busted, you need to really LOOK at the other "busted" players, they would demolish wolf and wario at the same time

OT: i haven't played sfiv, but i do play sfII hyper fightin from time to time, and sagat is way OP, he is just a longer ranged ryu basically, which is even more ridiculous then it sounds, you can NOT jump in that match and get away with it, and he can slow down or speed up his "hadouken" attacks, which is horse piss

in mortal kombat..fucking dear lord, shao kahn, he is near invincible with his ****** ass shoulder rush, bunch of horseshit, and his HAMMER does like half your health in one hit

in ssbb, i haven't faced anyone who is super good at the "busted" characters, but i do get fairly annoyed playing against pikmin, the fucker is just annoying as hell to me

I_B_Ready

Dec 18, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
Golden Lightan and PTX-40A are just ARGH!
Gold Lightan pisses me off with his scoop to bodyslam. you can spam the hell out of it, and I haven't found any way to counter it when it happens. I can break the throw, but mounting an offense is nil. and I'm sure it's something as simple as sending out an assist. but still...

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
In my experience, every group has a different overpowered character for every game. Peoples play styles are just to broad to properly nail down an overpowered character. When going from high school friends to collage friends, it seems that every character that was overpowered was considered weak, and vice versa.

Not only that, but my research project for my Psychology degree might shed some light on this situation. I found that people were more apt to win a game when they were confident in there abilities, and felt like they had a better chance. So a person picks their favorite character, and wants it to be overpowered. Then, they are more likely to win, which increases confidence, and a character becomes over-powered from the positive feedback loop. Or you lose against a character you think looks overpowered, you lose confidence, and its a downward spiral from there. Ive actually used this phenomena (Social facilitation) as a strategy before. In Capcom Vs. SNK 2, a friend of mine was absolutely unbeatable with Sakura. At this point, no one had used Sagat very much. So I made a decree that Sagat, regardless of how good he was, was tailor made to defeat Sakura. Sure enough, the Jedi Mind Trick worked, and to this day, Sagat almost always beats Sakura, regardless of the respective players skills.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Fappy said:
V-13 and Jin from Blazblue... GG guys D:
Strangely enough, the cheapest character I faced was a computer controlled Hakuman when playing as Ragna. Constantly either blocks or counters, can hit you from long distance with his Sephiroth sized sword, and for some reason is able to unleash his super "Take off half your health" slam the ground attack every ten seconds. This was my first time playing Arcade mode, so granted it might have been just inexperience, but the fact that I was playing like it was retro Megaman (aim to take off more health than before, not beat him) compared to v-13 (the final boss and the boss I'd been hearing about constantly from other players) who I tore apart easily really gets to me.
However, playing as v-13 showed me how cheap she can be.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Zangief in every game ever. He's not so much overpowered as he is frustrating as fuck. Oops, you went in at the wrong moment, there goes half your health in a power bomb. Eff you Zangief... Eff you.

Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Cable, Psylocke in MvC2 immediately spring to mind as well. All of those characters share common strengths: they're fast, they combo well, and they all have amazing supers and assists.
Those characters are in God Tier for a reason :p

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Delock said:
Fappy said:
V-13 and Jin from Blazblue... GG guys D:
Strangely enough, the cheapest character I faced was a computer controlled Hakuman when playing as Ragna. Constantly either blocks or counters, can hit you from long distance with his Sephiroth sized sword, and for some reason is able to unleash his super "Take off half your health" slam the ground attack every ten seconds. This was my first time playing Arcade mode, so granted it might have been just inexperience, but the fact that I was playing like it was retro Megaman (aim to take off more health than before, not beat him) compared to v-13 (the final boss and the boss I'd been hearing about constantly from other players) who I tore apart easily really gets to me.
However, playing as v-13 showed me how cheap she can be.
Yeah I am talking about players. The reason you were getting raped by Hakuman is because in arcade mode you fight Ultimate Hakuman who regens his energy like x3 faster than normal Hakuman. He is annoying when playing some one that is good with him but trust me... V-13 is faaar worse. Just watch a V-13 arcade video or download a leader board video.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Benjeezy said:

That was a great match to watch!

not sure what you meant by made your jaw drop though. Everything was fine in my eyes but then again, I haven't played the game since the first five months that it came out.

Yukinari

Aug 22, 2009
Almost the entire Marvel side can outwin the Capcom side with a lot of cheap moves and such.
I hate you Magneto and Cable, and the rest of your friends from that Marvel side.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Although she's a boss, I'd have to say the Boss of DOA4 is the most unbalanced, cheap character ever. I'm just glad people can't play as her.

But Zasamel (sp?) from Soul Calibur 4 is so cheap. You can continuously juggle people with him! I was juggled so much, I couldn't get up, counter or anything.
Then I stopped playing online.