Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Returns

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Returns

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is back on sale, and it sounds like the Android version and the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 2 are back on track too.

It's been almost two months since Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition was Atari [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125217-Baldurs-Gate-Enhanced-Edition-Pulled-From-Stores] was behind the conflict.

Today, however, the news is good: Baldur's Gate is back! In an email sent to owners of the game, Overhaul President Trent Oster announced that the problems - whatever they were - have been solved and the game is back on sale again at all the usual places.

And that's not all! "We'll announce the details of an upcoming major Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch and the Android tablet version in the near future," he wrote. "We'll also have some exciting news regarding Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition soon after."

The Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is available for Windows, OS X and iPad at Steam [http://www.baldursgate.com/].

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1kejvf/baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition_resolve_issue_with/]

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I honestly thought that Atari closed down ages ago (Back when they released Alone in the Dark). But good news, then i might get it for my ipad!

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Sounds like Atari couldn't afford the legal battle (or afford anything right now), so whatever issue between Atari and Beamdog/Overhaul probably only ended up in the latter's favor.

And if that's the case... Well, I do want to see more publishers at the mercy of developers, but not because they are bankrupt or nearing bankruptcy.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
I didn't even realise The enhanced edition had been pulled. But good thing its back because I was interested in picking it up.

Alchemist08

May 25, 2010
Blessed be the gods. This needs to happen, Atari be damned. They are a joke of a company and if there is any game you do not want to mess with it is Baldur's Gate 2, especially if us fans actually have a chance (even slim) of seeing a BG3. No one else seems interested in making it.

aelreth

Dec 26, 2012
Mr.K. said:
Ya these things do tend to resolve themselves when your whipping master starts to wither and die.
So in corporate speak that means, "The check for the legal department finally bounced at Atari."?

Aiberg

Oct 2, 2009
People, please, do this game good: If you're going to play it on PC, stay away from this so called "enhanced" edition...

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the proof that (a) god a) exists and b) is benevolent :D

Aiberg said:
People, please, do this game good: If you're going to play it on PC, stay away from this so called "enhanced" edition...
ah no, come on, don't tell me i missed some major screw up they're up to??

Aiberg

Oct 2, 2009
Ok, I will elaborate:

1. They removed an iconic intro cutscene and inserted something terrible, that doesn't go with the style of the game.
2. Zooming function they introduced is of no use.
3. The only new content, 3 characters they introduced, is not interesting, at all.
4. They didn't fix any flaws but introduced new (I remember not being able to scroll down on journal screen and options screen blinking).
5. They have done a terrible release. Stability problems irritated me very much. I don't think they improved since. Compared with wonderful mods that are provided for free, this 'enhanced edition' is of questionable merit. They completely destroyed my trust in their company and product.

Have I been able to make a logical proposition contrary to a religious dogmatist?
s0p0g said:
and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the proof that (a) god a) exists and b) is benevolent :D

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
Aiberg said:
[five enhanced points]

Have I been able to make a logical proposition contrary to a religious dogmatist?
s0p0g said:
that does sound terribad :(
but thanks for the info, anyway!

regarding the religious BS... all i can say is "thank god i'm an atheist" ;-)
(and a reminder to not forget a wink or j/k when posting stuff like that - although using the release of a game as a proof of a deity should be enough of a tell :p )