Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Review - Old and Improved

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Have you ever found your way into the Baldur's Gate Mega Mod? And if so, how would the EE's compare to it? Speaking from my experience, I've found the Mega Mod to have enriched the trilogy so highly that I can't bear to try anything else that attempts to be "Baldur's Gate". I'm speaking from a position of almost total ignorance of both BG EE's except for the reviews of them.

I, however, am perfectly happy with where the Mega Mod has taken my BG Trilogy, and even though it took quite a bit of hair-pulling to get it together, I don't remember any of that now.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Undead Dragon King said:
Have you ever found your way into the Baldur's Gate Mega Mod?
I haven't. I've played vanilla BG and the EEs, and that's it. And for someone like you, the EE really doesn't make sense, because you've effectively "enhanced" it yourself and are comfortable jumping through those hoops.

Isn't Baldur's Gate a quadrilogy? BG, TotSC, BG2, ToB? Or do you count BG and TotSC together?

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Isn't Baldur's Gate a quadrilogy? BG, TotSC, BG2, ToB? Or do you count BG and TotSC together?
There's three parts to the Bhaalspawn's story: BG1, BG2 and ToB.
TotSC is generally considered part of Part 1(BG1) because it's all sidequests and no main story.