Bam! Pow! Awesome!: Robolepers

Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010

Giant red space stations and commentary on the dynamics of alien biology. Also, prepare to have your imagination strained to its very limits.

Read Full Article

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
Am I the only one who immediately thought of a parasect when bug dude was mentioned? Yeah, probably.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
After working at a comic book store for 4 months, I realized that there are plenty of "awesome" comics out there but very very few with any decent of a story. Just because stuff goes boom real nice doesn't mean it's a good comic. Boobs on the other hand...

...also don't mean the comic's any good.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
oliveira8 said:
It's scientifically proven that if you paint stuff red...it will go faster!
Boss 'ere's right. I paintted me truck red dis mornin' and it is da fastest in da whole Waaagh!

Woem

May 28, 2009
Barbalute said:

Giant red space stations and commentary on the dynamics of alien biology. Also, prepare to have your imagination strained to its very limits.

Read Full Article
Although I criticized your previous reviews, I definitely liked this one because you went completely over the top. Away with the conventional thinking and making your own style, job well done!

Woem

May 28, 2009
AvsJoe said:
After working at a comic book store for 4 months, I realized that there are plenty of "awesome" comics out there but very very few with any decent of a story. Just because stuff goes boom real nice doesn't mean it's a good comic. Boobs on the other hand...

...also don't mean the comic's any good.
Awesome is...
Captain America as a Native American in Marvel's 1602 series.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Woem said:
Awesome is...
I've never really cared for country-themed superheroes. Captain America, Captain Canuck, the other Canadian guy, the other American guy, the British guy... patriotism is all well and good but I'd rather read a comic about someone else.

1602 does sound like a good idea though.

Woem

May 28, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Woem said:
Awesome is...
I've never really cared for country-themed superheroes. Captain America, Captain Canuck, the other Canadian guy, the other American guy, the British guy... patriotism is all well and good but I'd rather read a comic about someone else.

I share that sentiment, I don't really like Captain America, or the Red Guardian or Captain Britain. I think the 1602 series was the only one where I was pleasantly surprised by his appearance. And the idea of a Native American Captain America was just brilliant.

If you want to explore the series then I can recommend you the original 1602 series and the 1602: Fantastick Four follow-up. There's also a 1602: New World that focuses on Spider-Man and Hulk but it was too brainlessly action-packed for me, and that comes from a Hulk fan.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Woem said:
AvsJoe said:
Woem said:
Awesome is...

I share that sentiment, I don't really like Captain America, or the Red Guardian or Captain Britain. I think the 1602 series was the only one where I was pleasantly surprised by his appearance. And the idea of a Native American Captain America was just brilliant.

If you want to explore the series then I can recommend you the original 1602 series and the 1602: Fantastick Four follow-up. There's also a 1602: New World that focuses on Spider-Man and Hulk but it was too brainlessly action-packed for me, and that comes from a Hulk fan.
Thanks for the recommendations but I have no money right now and, at the end of the day, I'm not even a big fan of comics or graphic novels. I know enough about them to competently run a comic book store on weekends but I don't really care about them. I'm more of a movie guy (which only furthers my dislike of comics since there are very few good movie adaptations of them. I know it's not the comic's fault but they suffer for it nonetheless).