Bandai Namco Delays Launch of Get Even in Response to Manchester Terrorist Attack

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bandai Namco Delays Launch of Get Even in Response to Manchester Terrorist Attack

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1407/1407692.jpgIn the wake of yesterday's horrific attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, Bandai Namco has pushed back the release date of Get Even to June.

Get Even will be coming out about a month later than planned, as Bandai Namco has delayed the survival horror game after the terrorist attack that took place at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England that killed 22 and injured 59. The delay was announced in an official statement, in which a company representative said,

"Given recent events and out of respect we have decided to postpone the commercial release of Get Even to June 23rd. We would like to express our deepest condolences to everyone concerned."

The game was originally scheduled to launch this Friday, May 26 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, but will now hit stores on June 23 instead.

If you haven't followed Get Even, it's a psychological thriller developed by The Farm 51. You are placed in the shoes of an amnesiac who wakes up in a run-down asylum with only a phone and a gun. You're apparently out to get even with someone, but who and for what aren't clear.

You can find more info on the game over at its official website [http://www.getevengame.com/en/].

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
iconoclast xvii said:
That's a bummer. Guess I'm back to Dark Souls for another month.
If that is the worst thing going on in your life right now then you are doing OK.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Violent media delayed, candles, facebook profile filters, lights on/off on landmarks, repeat within the likely next 2-3 months.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Seems a bit odd.

I mean, don't get me wrong: the events in Manchester were horrid. The fact that some terrorist went out of his way to bomb a stadium full of young adults, teenagers and children is despicable, and a truly hope that - should an afterlife exist - that man finds himself in the deepest, darkest depths of hell.

I just don't see how the release of this game, and yesterdays events, relate.

I mean, if this was a game set around a terror bombing, or something like that, I would get it, but this game just seems entirely unrelated to anything and everything related to the Manchester bombings.

Weird.

iconoclast xvii

Mar 3, 2017
bjj hero said:
iconoclast xvii said:
If that is the worst thing going on in your life right now then you are doing OK.
You remind me why I left these forums years ago - people can't seem to resist being jerks to other people. And no, that is not the worst thing I have going on right now. I actually have a ton of shit going on right now and that was one thing I was looking forward to as a distraction from life.

breadsammich

May 5, 2011
Laggyteabag said:
Seems a bit odd.

I mean, don't get me wrong: the events in Manchester were horrid. The fact that some terrorist went out of his way to bomb a stadium full of young adults, teenagers and children is despicable, and a truly hope that - should an afterlife exist - that man finds himself in the deepest, darkest depths of hell.

I mean, if this was a game set around a terror bombing, or something like that, I would get it, but this game just seems entirely unrelated to anything and everything related to the Manchester bombings.

Weird.
The game's title is "Get Even". I'd imaging they're trying to distance themselves from any kind of possibility of being linked to any kind of retributive violence. That's the only link I can think of though.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
bjj hero said:
iconoclast xvii said:
What an incredibly rude, presumptuous, and uncalled for response to someone expressing mild disappointment at a game delay.

OT: I don't understand the relation between Manchester and this game either but I think it's probably not worth the offence questioning motives would likely cause.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Battenberg said:
bjj hero said:
iconoclast xvii said:
What an incredibly rude, presumptuous, and uncalled for response to someone expressing mild disappointment at a game delay.

OT: I don't understand the relation between Manchester and this game either but I think it's probably not worth the offence questioning motives would likely cause.
Welcome to the Escapist.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Battenberg said:
bjj hero said:
iconoclast xvii said:

Game delayed following multiple children being murdered, families wrecked. If youre mildly disappointed because you have to wait a little longer for a new game then you are doing OK.

Rude? I'd argue a statement of fact.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
...This is a PR stunt. A small one, but I mean...I never even heard of this game until now. Its not like it has any reasonable link to the attack, so I honestly think they are just trying to get some attention and some "Oh, look how sensitive they are to tragedy".

Jamcie Kerbizz

Feb 27, 2013
bjj hero said:
Battenberg said:
bjj hero said:
iconoclast xvii said:

Game delayed following multiple children being murdered, families wrecked. If youre mildly disappointed because you have to wait a little longer for a new game then you are doing OK.

Good you cleared that. Gentlemen don't 'argue statement of facts', so everything checks out.
And as Saelune mentioned it's a marketing hook to lift up your product on latest news focus.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
bjj hero said:
Battenberg said:
bjj hero said:
iconoclast xvii said:

Of course you would. I'll be sure to bring up the same argument the next time I see you complain about literally anything since you seem to have a whole fallacy of relative privation thing going on and murdered children/ wrecked families are, sadly, a daily occurrence.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Honestly, I think the people behind The Occupation are probably feeling more awkward, considering their trailer launched yesterday and was about terrorist bombings in Britain.

RaikuFA said:
Battenberg said:
bjj hero said:
iconoclast xvii said:

Welcome to the Escapist.
The Escapist: zero to dickishness in two posts.

"Last bastion of intelligence on the internet" indeed.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
If someone's first response to an article of a terrorist attack delaying a game was a mild annoyance of inconvenience with"That's a bummer. Guess I'm back to Dark Souls for another month." Pretty sure that's a hell of a lot more dickish response than someone pointing that out.

Viking

May 11, 2014
I didn't know there was a game called Get Even so i read the title as 'Bandai Namco Delays Launch To Get Even in Response to Manchester Terrorist Attack' and i was dissapointed it wasn't anything that funny.

BakedZnake said:
If someone's first response to an article of a terrorist attack delaying a game was a mild annoyance of inconvenience with"That's a bummer. Guess I'm back to Dark Souls for another month." Pretty sure that's a hell of a lot more dickish response than someone pointing that out.
Wouldn't you people normally want people to express how they are affected by certain events?
But you don't get to decide what scale it is considering we have 7bil people across more than 5square meters and to most of us, a handful of brits dying won't make a difference at all.

You are asking us to care about a drop of water that's coming out of the ocean and evaporating.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Laggyteabag said:
Seems a bit odd.

Weird.
Agreed. While respect and understand Namco's decision, the two have no relation to each other. Similar to some people, I've never even heard of the game until now. If that's the case, I highly doubt the general public would take offense to Get Even. I bet if the game had any title, they wouldn't be doing this.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Viking said:
I didn't know there was a game called Get Even so i read the title as 'Bandai Namco Delays Launch To Get Even in Response to Manchester Terrorist Attack' and i was dissapointed it wasn't anything that funny.

BakedZnake said:
Wouldn't you people normally want people to express how they are affected by certain events?
But you don't get to decide what scale it is considering we have 7bil people across more than 5square meters and to most of us, a handful of brits dying won't make a difference at all.

You are asking us to care about a drop of water that's coming out of the ocean and evaporating.
Are you serious? A major terror attack is now "a drop of water coming out of the ocean and evaporating."? You've somehow topped the combined asshole factor of every other post in this thread in one sentence, congrats.