Bands that have never failed you.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Sum 41. Billy talent. Rise against. Barenaked Ladies. And Zebrahead...never done wrong by me. not never. :)

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Breaking Benjamin and Within Temptation for me. For Breaking Benjamin, I've liked all of their albums, all of their songs. I absolutely love these guys. And for Within Temptation, I haven't heard all of their stuff yet, but I haven't been disappointed by any of what I have heard (which is still a lot).

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Streetlight Manifesto.

All of their albums, including the giant "fuck you" to the music industry and Victory that was Keasbey Nights and the compilation 99 Songs of the Revolution Vol.1 have been incredible.

I consider Streetlight the greatest band ever and await their next album eagerly.

SergeMC

Apr 18, 2010
think it is clear when you look at my avatar... alter bridge friggin' OWN!! :D

...a close second would have to be masterplan, good stuff ;)

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
Kellerb said:
Alter Bridge. no-one has heard of them, but their like metallica but awesome

and metallica is awesome...
SergeMC said:
think it is clear when you look at my avatar... alter bridge friggin' OWN!! :D

...a close second would have to be masterplan, good stuff ;)
I love you both. I was afraid I would be the first to post Alter Bridge on this forum.
I've been following them since Day 1 (I'm a bit of a Creed fan, I'm mildly ashamed to admit, so I was hot on their trail), and not one of their albums has disappointed in the slightest.

I got to see them at the O2 Academy in Birmingham on October 25th, and I managed to get right at the front. It was the best gig I've ever been to in my life.

Another band to hold this position is Slaves to Gravity, easily one of the most underrated and unjustly unsigned bands on the circuit today.

Jun 2, 2009
I've never been dissapointed by a rush album. The level of technical genious in almost every one of their songs is phenominal. I've also consistantly really enjoyed all the fish-era marillion albums, even if the thieving magpie had its low points.

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
Jamboxdotcom said:
the Dept of Science said:
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Tom Waits
really? i mean, i love Nick Cave, but did you forget the pile of crap that was "Nocturama"?
i agree about Tom Waits, though. all of his stuff is solid in its own right.
Fair point. I guess I forgot that one. On the other hand, one out of about 15 studio albums is pretty good. I'll admit, I've not actually listened to Nocturama, but from what I've heard, its hardly a St Anger or Self Portrait blot on the discography.

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
Smashing Pumpkins - zeitgeist as the standard release was okay but if you add in the extra 3-4 songs that came on different editions its so much better

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Jamboxdotcom said:
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Tom Waits
really? i mean, i love Nick Cave, but did you forget the pile of crap that was "Nocturama"?
i agree about Tom Waits, though. all of his stuff is solid in its own right.
Fair point. I guess I forgot that one. On the other hand, one out of about 15 studio albums is pretty good. I'll admit, I've not actually listened to Nocturama, but from what I've heard, its hardly a St Anger or Self Portrait blot on the discography.
your points are also valid. 1 in 15 is a pretty good ratio, and really, "Nocturama" wasn't terrible, it just wasn't at all good. and anyway i have to salute you for being the only other person to mention Nick Cave and Tom Waits.

elderrion

Jun 25, 2010
clockout said:
Death God said:
The Eagles. But then again I don't buy albums. I just go with random songs from the artist.
Of course The Eagles have never let you down, it's common knowledge that Joe Walsh is one of the greatest men to have ever exsited, along with Clapton, Waters and Gilmour.
listen to AC/DC's rocker, okay? now listen to boogie man... now? is that the same song?

for me; AC/DC, Van Halen and Twisted sister (well most of their songs)