Banned WoW Gamer Offers $1,000 To Get Account Back

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
I'll grant you that cheaters never win, after they get caught. Having never played WoW, I can't say I understand what the big deal is about the archeology thing. However, I am familiar with plenty of horror stories from XBL and the like. I have noticed it is not uncommon for people who have been banned to report it and admit to fraudulent activity in their request to be unbanned. Reminds me of the idiots who get pulled over by the cops and try to talk their way out of ticket by admitting they hit three people in a crosswalk while speeding before missing four red lights and running over a nun just before the cop stopped them.

There is such a thing as not volunteering certain information during a potentially bad time. Perhaps if you are cheating at a part of a game that is either boring/difficult, and you happen to be playing the game with a few million other people who don't need to cheat, then I'd say it might be time to stop playing instead of implementing bots to do your dirty work.

Considering the amount of time I would imagine the bots saved this person, you'd think they could have come up with more than a thousand dollars to entice someone. Could have been worse, might have tried to offer payment in gift cards.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Dfskelleton said:

Your fail has forced the walls to form a facepalm.
I guess some people really are this stupid.
Also, I love the official escapist bad idea stamp.
This is the best facepalm I've seen in a long while.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
mjc0961 said:
SUPER LIKE!

anyway...
but yeah this...is amusing. I'd feel bad if I lost an account, but if I was cheating...well I'd feel bad AND embarrassed enough to just give up and drop it
meh...don't wanna think about it. this is why you don't cheat, kids!)

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
Captain Picard-tested, Captain Picard-disapproved.

Slightly more OT: This right here is why I've never played an MMO for more than a few months, and why I've made it a policy to quit playing if I find myself spending more than about $5 a month. (Needless to say, I quit many many MMOs.) This man doesn't need his account back, he needs professional help for an addictive personality disorder. Stat.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
thats the dumbest reasoning for cheating I've ever- *eye roll into back of head* MY EYES! I'M BLIND!!! *panics*

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
Wow for a sec I thought this was a joke post, but that does sound like your average crybot, with that said Bender take it away:

gustcq

Mar 26, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
Dfskelleton said:

Your fail has forced the walls to form a facepalm.
I guess some people really are this stupid.
Also, I love the official escapist bad idea stamp.
This is the best facepalm I've seen in a long while.
WIN! Pure facepalm win!

Au Naturel.

Apr 4, 2010
Lyri said:
I've been leveling my Archaeology today, I could honestly say I longed to drop everything and learn fishing.
I am very pleased that you have Baiken as your avatar!

OT : I thought this was fine. If the man really wants to pay a grand to get his account back, I say let 'em do it.

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
NezumiiroKitsune said:
I'll get this out of the way. I think he / she (though for some reason I'm leaning he on this) is an idiot for botting in the first place and should have just done something more interesting if it was that arduous. Most things in WoW suck on actual fun derived from gameplay time put in, maybe try a more directly entertaining game.

Now on to what I really want to know.

How does Blizzard go about perma-banning someone from Battle.Net?
It's actually not hard when you you're an uncaring corporate machine. When my WoW account got hacked (got it back pretty easy because the hacker was a retard), they told me I wouldn't be able to use my battle.net ID. Tried to get on SC2, turns out I couldn't, my account got perma-banned... well, until blizzard realized that after 4 years I didn't suddenly move to INDIA and added 12 accounts tied to mine.