Barrel-Aided Crime Spree Ravages Skyrim

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Barrel-Aided Crime Spree Ravages Skyrim

Forget stealth and cunning. All the cool kids are straight jackin' fools with the aid of wicker baskets.

Before we go any further, I want you all to watch the clip embedded at right. Go ahead. It's only 40 seconds long. I'll wait.

Done? Good. So, what would you like to call that? A bug? A feature? The most brilliant advancement in gaming realism since Mario started exploring the third dimension?

Hyperbole aside, I'm honestly a bit baffled by this. I don't know whether to laugh at the silly virtual people and their loss of material goods or praise Bethesda for taking the time to code a world where cartoon logic is totally and completely viable.

This also raises a number of important questions. Can I tie a sword into a bow? Can dragons change signs to read "Dovahkiin Season?" What happens if I paint a tunnel on the side of a mountain?

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Damnit, I want this game even more now... and I don't have the cash (or hats) to pay for it.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
That's insanely badass.

'Oh, it's the Dragonborn! Hi- Why is it night time? Oh well!'
-Barrel falls off-
'Where did the Dragonborn go? Wait...WHERE DID MY WINE GO?!'

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Will have to try this when I get back on that game in about half an hour. It's pure genius!

Wonder if it's possible to sneak up on a bandit and put a bucket on his head...

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
That's beautiful is what that is. I can already see a slew of web comics poking fun at the implied stupidity of Skyrim's populace. "Oh dear you seem to have put a bucket over my head, well I suppose I'll wait for you to take it off. Why does it sound like someone is stealing all my fine china? Oh well, must be a trick of the bucket."

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
This should definetely stay in the game, as i have a sneaking suspicion that they left that bug in which the mammoths are in mid-air in the game on purpose...
But anyway: AM-A-ZING!
:p

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Bethesda said they won't fix entertaining bugs.....
this one scores the #1 position now.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That's really impressive, actually. It looks like they've actually programmed NPCs to SEE things, like real people!

Now, if only they could react to having a bucket put on their head.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
This isn't surprising, that's how I rob all the local markets. 'Cause I live in a village, with markets. Seriously though, that is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Skyrim.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Hehehehe, hahahahaahaaa... *sob* Why I no can play yet.

I need to do this. To everyone

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
I think my reaction to this achievement in pot based wizardry will have to be laughter....lots and lots of laughter. I am not kidding first time I watched that I pretty much ran out of breath laughing.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Wow, That has to be one of the most awesome ways to be a thief.

I want Skyrim just so I can do that.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
I think this is one of those "bugs" that maybe they left in because it is, frankly, amazing.