Barter/Charm Problems in Bannerlord

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So I am having a ***** of a time leveling up Charm via...well any way really, in Bannerlord.

I built my guy as a social person, so he's got massive boosts to leveling up Charm/Leadership/Trade. Leadership and Trade are fairly easy to level, no problems there. But Charm? Man it's almost impossible to find ways to boost it at all. I keep seeing videos that vaguely mention using Barter, but it never seems to work for me.

Every time I've gone up to a noble to try and barter, they just never seem interested in anything. There doesn't seem to be any simple way to consistently boost Charm via Barter. I mean I've even tried something simple like "Hey give me 3 of your horses, and I'll give you 3 of my horses...no? Ok what about 5? No? 30? What the fuck, you STILL aren't interested in trading?!"

Any useful items that I can keep on my person that have a high chance of being desirable to the nobles?

Anyone got a tip? Because I really need to boost that skill.

The only thing I've found that works is playing board games with nobles. But that's super slow, the games are mostly boring, and it doesn't always work because you don't always actually boost your reputation with the person if you win.

So yeah, some tips would be great if any of you know a good way. I'm not looking for any exploits mind you, just something that I can be doing to regularly and steadily improve Charm stat via the Barter system. Though if you know other good ways I'd love to hear those too, but I'm mostly curious about the Barter, as it's currently totally useless to me.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of people recommend bartering with money (as nonsensical as that is). Specifically, barter one gold for one gold and you'll get a little bit of XP at no cost. However, things are being constantly rebalanced and bartering may have been toned down as it was ridiculous and very easy to expoloit, especially once you got the perk that lets you barter settlements.

I've been having fun with it, but man is it broken as hell right now.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
evilthecat said:
A lot of people recommend bartering with money (as nonsensical as that is). Specifically, barter one gold for one gold and you'll get a little bit of XP at no cost. However, things are being constantly rebalanced and bartering may have been toned down as it was ridiculous and very easy to expoloit, especially once you got the perk that lets you barter settlements.

I've been having fun with it, but man is it broken as hell right now.
Yeah since posting that I found several ways to boost Charm. My favorite is the political one when you are in a kingdom. Since raising Charm is based on boosting your Relation with people, when you vote on different rulings, you get a massive boost. And it's really easy to play the system where you just vote with whoever you have the lowest relation with. Sure you will lose standing with the other party, but it's only like 2 points lost, and you can gain upwards of 10 with the other person. If you consistently just vote with the party who likes you the least, you can quickly get yourself into the good graces of like, every noble in that kingdom, and get a ton of Charm to boot.