Nov 24, 2009
being the only ones in the list i played in order of best to worst

Dark Souls
Deus Ex
Bulletstorm (i actually enjoyed it)

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
telocaster said:
I have only played Dark Souls, Batman and Deus Ex.

If you can get past the input lag and terrible controls, then I would recommend Dark Souls. However, Arkham City's only saving grace is that it has a fun combat-system and satisfying stealth-sections, everything else is just shit.

Deus Ex is the only game I can fully recommend, seeing as you can sneak-kill people by THROWING REFRIGERATORS AND VENDING MACHINES AT THEM FROM ROOFTOPS.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Bulletstorm
Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 3

But now that I have done something for you, you must give me something in exchange. Otherwise..."accidents" happen, you catch my drift?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Driver: San Franscisco
Batman: Arkham City

Loved all three games.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
leet_x1337 said:
The only one of those I've played is Human Revolution... It's one of those things that's better than the sum of its parts.
Just like the first Deus Ex :)

I can't speak for most of the games on that list; however, the parts of Deus Ex: HR that I played were pretty slick. Arkham City looks cool too.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
3 games from the list? i am not sure actually

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (May as well play the original)
Dark Souls (Dont know your tolerance to hard games)
Driver San Francisco (It has Yathzee seal of approbal)
Bulletstorm (just play Painkiller, will be cheaper too)
Rayman Origins (i recomend it if you want a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil 2 because they said that if this game sells well then they will make it)
Soul Calibur V (havent played)
Uncharted 3 (Its a movie game and like all movies it follows a "The Same But Different" formula. You may as well play the first one or watch a Indiana Jones film)
Batman Arkham City (havent played)
Resistance 3 (i guess that if you like Half Life you will like this one)

3 games on MY list that are FREE??

IJI
Tyrian
Hyper Princess Pitch

3 games that are not so free but cheap??

Sacrifice
Bastion
The Binding of Isaac

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Well fuck Bulletstorm right off, and the driving in Driver:SF is sub par.

I'm not interested in Soul Calibur at all.
I would recommend avoiding Uncharted 3 as it's much more of the same.
Resistance is pretty generic (sci fi, post apocalyptic, shooter) so that's not necessary.

You're left with Dark Souls (awesome)
Rayman origins (not my style so it's probably out)
Batman Arkham City (awesome)
Deus Ex Human Revolution (awesome)

So Dark Souls,
Batman Arkham City,
and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Zaverexus said:
crono738 said:
At the moment,

Dark Souls
Arkham City
Uncharted 3

Just recently picked up Human Revolution, so I can't comment on it just yet.
Ditto on the recommendations. I recommend you do not get Human Revolution. I protest it out of being broken. I tried to play a stealth build and couldn't finish the game because of the unfair boss battles that can only be beaten with a combat build.
Just got past the second boss and I have to agree. The game is great, but the bosses are a pain in the ass if you aren't prepared. That being said, it's a good bit cheaper than Uncharted 3, and I'd still possibly switch their places. UC3, while good, isn't as good as Among Thieves, and it's more than a little annoying that enemies are still bullet sponges after three games.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Driver, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Rayman Origins. Because any three people to pick up these games are getting three different, fun experiences.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
In my opinion, I would say Driver San Francisco, Batman Arkham City and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Bulletstorm because it's insanely fun.

Dark Souls because it challenging.

And Uncharted 3 for the addictive multiplayer.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I'd say Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Arkham City, and Uncharted 3. Though Rayman: Origins is great as well, and I'm sure Dark Souls is too. I haven't played it yet (though I have bought it), but Demon's Souls was terrific. I don't know much about the other games on your list.

Human Revolution and Arkham City 3rd and 4th favorite games of last year, respectively. Human Revolution offered a good deal of choice on how to play it (though a lot of people screw up, thinking they absolutely must get every Praxis Kit. It's totally unnecessary, and really just leads to you being a master of everything). I found a strange amount of enjoyment out of seeing a room full of enemies trying to find me, but then jumping three floors down an open elevator shaft. The bosses suck, but they are easy even if you're a pacifist player on the hardest difficulty.

Arkham City was a massive improvement over Arkham Asylum. It provides a good mix of stealth and brawling, the bosses are infinitely better than the first game (which isn't saying much. So I'll say this: They are genuinely good), the cast of characters brought me a ton of enjoyment (and a nostalgia overload for me, a big fan of the 90's animated series), and the world was so fun to traverse.

Similarly, I feel Uncharted 3 is the best in the series. The biggest reason for me is the story, and that it avoids resorting to the cheesy supernatural crap that sabotaged the third act in both of the first two games. It's all about the human drama, and is better for it. It feels like it's going through the motions at times, but even at those times the motions are tried and true.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Batman Arkham City and Dues Ex are both fantastic, and well worth it. Haven't actually played any of the others, but if I could, I'd go for Driver.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Rayman Origins (possibly my favorite game on the Wii at the moment)
Deus Ex HR (not as good as RMO, but still an incredible game)
Batman Arkham City (What do I need to say? It's awesome, get it.)