Batman and Captain America Rescue Cat From Burning Building

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Batman and Captain America Rescue Cat From Burning Building

A former firefighter dressed as Batman pulled a cat from a burning building and gave it mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

In a scene that could have come straight from a (mellow) Marvel/DC crossover, Batman and Captain America reportedly saved a cat from a house fire yesterday in Milton, West Virginia. The duo, in this case played by John Buckland (Batman) and Troy Marcum (Captain America), were attending an event for Buckland's business Heroes 4 Higher, which uses superheroes to help teach children positive life lessons.

Seeing smoke coming from a nearby house, Buckland a former firefighter and soldier, charged to the house with Marcum in tow. Upon arriving at the burning building the duo entered and broke a window to help vacate the smoke. The two found the home empty save for a single occupant: the family cat. Buckland described what happened next, "The smoke lets out and as I can start to see I reach down and grab something furry." Buckland evacuated the cat and, finding it unresponsive, began performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. The cat eventually came to and was apparently not pleased to see the Dark Knight. "[The cat] takes a look at me, then hissed!" Firefighters arrived shortly after to deal with the fire.

Firstly, kudos to two gentlemen for their quick thinking and cat saving savvy. Extra points go to Buckland for actually rocking his Batman outfit pretty well in the process. We might have given Marcum bonus points if he'd thrown his shield to break the window that let the smoke out, but apparently he just used a rock. Regardless, we really wish our five-year-old selves could have been there to witness this because we're pretty sure this would have blown their minds. All our adult selves can do is get anxious over the casual mixing of the DC and Marvel universes.

Source: <a href=http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130908_18900.shtml>WCHS

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Marvel, DC, I suggest you take this as a sign from on high. Where does one go after the Avengers? Why they crossover with DC for the greatest blockbuster summer movie of all time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That link to Heroes 4 Higher doesn't work. Also was Cap shy as he doesn't appear in that news segment at all?

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
I like this story. I mean, how often can you say "Batman rescued a cat from a burning building" and NOT be talking about a comic book plot?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Some point in the future, a teacher will be trying to explain to a kid that comics aren't real, at which point he will angrily exclaim that Batman saved his cat.

The look on the teacher's face when the parents show up to get him from detention and explain that yes, it's the truth.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
Very cool story though if the house was unoccupied I can only assume the so-called "heroes" started it, or the cat.

Stew I think you need to whip your editor into shape. There are a few typos:
"in this case played John"
"uses superheroes help teach"
"began to performing mouth-to-mouth"
"pleased to be see the Dark Knight"
"adult selves can do think"

And I'm not sure you can vacate smoke, that sounds like a person moving out of a cloud of smoke. Sorry to be a douche, but I hope it helps.

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
Some point in the future, a teacher will be trying to explain to a kid that comics aren't real, at which point he will angrily exclaim that Batman saved his cat.
The End is Nigh.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Shitting hell, that's a really amazing costume!
I expected a pot bellied guy in his 40s if I'm honest :p
Good on him, they seem like awesome and selfless guys. Any guy who would save a cat is more than good in my books.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
Apparently the Spider-Man that the video shows as being on-scene was a total wuss. Did nothing and just sat back, and look at that costume, it was Miles Morales, this is why people don't think he's a very good Spider-Man.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
fix-the-spade said:

The look on the teacher's face when the parents show up to get him from detention and explain that yes, it's the truth.
I actually knew a kid that went on a charity-run trip to America to stay with a host family for two months over the summer holidays, and the host family cancelled partway through the trip leaving him with nowhere to stay.
The charity was a big American organisation with lots of contacts, and they somehow managed to get one of the actors that played Batman to take the kid for the two or three weeks left of the trip (I'm pretty sure it was Val Kilmer)

Needless to say, no one at school would believe he stayed the summer with Batman.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
Chaosritter said:
Respirating a cat is pretty badass. And probably pretty disturbing to watch...

Chessrook44 said:
I like this story. I mean, how often can you say "Batman rescued a cat from a burning building" and NOT be talking about a comic book plot?
Has Batman ever resuced a pet in distress in one of the comics?
Cat... women? I guess?
Not a pet, but a cat... in some way :p