Batman: Arkham Asylum Batarang Fails to Impress

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Well, if you could at least, you know fold it and then open it again I would buy it. But no, a piece of plastic needs a stature to look good. Jerks...

On the other hand, the Big Daddy figurine was not all that bad. Also the special edition of Infamous was good.

KissofKetchup

May 26, 2008
The only time I've ever bought the collectors edition was for Oblivion and GTA:IV. Oblivion was kinda worth it, the book that was included was nice and helped give a history to the world if i remember correctly it was only like $10 more so it wasn't a rip off. Now the GTA collectors edition was definitely worth the the money in my opinion.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Wasder said:
eoin90210 said:
Crap If I was one of those IRA twats you'd be dead right now for saying that Ireland was part of Great Britain
It is though (but not part of the UK).
Great britain = England, scotland, wales and the ilse of man etc.

United kingdom = Great Britain and Northern ireland.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I was a bit miffed at this when I opened my collector's edition, but then again I'm still happy with it because of the other stuff you get with it. The big box itself is a piece of art, as is the gamebox, and the little booklet with the patient notes is excellent, not to mention that you also get a whole disc of extra content. So all in all, I'm still a happy camper. ^^

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
I thought I heard it was going to be metal! Well at least Modern Warfare 2 NVgoggles will be worth it and work right? Right?

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Jugular said:
CEs are never worth the money. Ever. GTA 4 I'm looking at you >:|
Occasionally, occasionally, occasionally, they are. The aforementioned Guild Wars CE came with a hardback book, a sound track, some in game content (that was worthless), the microphone equipped headphones, and a $20 price hike.

Warcraft 3 was a similar 20 bucks extra for the sound track, a full size art book, and something else, (I forget what exactly).

In both cases the artbooks were of a quality that I probably would have picked up on their own. Additionally, Oblivion's $10 price hike was probably worth it just for the guide to Tamriel alone.

This whole pay an extra 30 - 40 bucks for some random crap? Not so much, no. Fallout 3 still blows me away, not because the CE was 30 bucks extra, for a bobble head and a flimsy lunch box, nor for the amazon.com exclusive pip boy alarm clocks that broke in sixteen seconds flat. No, Fallout 3 blows me away because there was a CE of the strategy guide as well.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
You wasted 100 or so bucks on that piece of crap? to all of those out there who bought this go get your money back

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I'd be mad if I payed 40 extra bucks for a shitty plastic thing like that.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
coxafloppin said:
Wasder said:
eoin90210 said:
Crap If I was one of those IRA twats you'd be dead right now for saying that Ireland was part of Great Britain
It is though (but not part of the UK).
Great britain = England, scotland, wales and the ilse of man etc.

United kingdom = Great Britain and Northern ireland.
Yup coxafloppin is right United Kingdom is a Kingdom, Great Britain is an Island Ireland is not attached to this island!

OT:I have my batarang on display and from the front high up on my shelf is looks ok. But dang I wanted to play with it!

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
You know what? I'm not sure I want to buy a cheap plastic deathtrap for forty plus dollars more in Australia, even though I'm a consumerist whore sometimes. I mean, I bought a Transformers MP3 player that transforms into 1980s G1 Soundwave, but at least that delivered what it promised. This Batarang will be a boomerang that doesn't come back.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
Where I am the Collectors Edition is only like, fifteen pounds more. When my boyfriend was buying Arkham Asylum he asked what was in the Collectors Edition, the guy behind the counter did just say "Some badly made Batarang" (ended up buying the normal edition).

But yeah, the Batarang does just look like a cheap random piece of black plastic. It looks good from far away, but when you can see it at a closer distance it looks... blegh.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Truthfully I think this one was a serious deception since I could have sworn that I read the Batarang was a metal replica (like many) which is why there was so much discussion about nerds running around causing injuries with them.

No, you can't return the package. However I think Eidos should be made to produce metal ones (even at a loss) and exchange them for the plastic ones via the mail (with postage on them).

It won't happen, but that is what I think SHOULD happen.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Eoin Livingston said:
Amnestic said:
Credge said:
This just in: Collectors editions are never worth it.
My pre-order of Assassin's Creed 2: Black Edition (UK exclusive bitches) frowns upon your shenanigans.
You can get it in Ireland so suck it!
It's a PAL exclusive.

We should have been wiser after the Halo 3 Legendary Edition mess ] :