Batman: Arkham City Ships 4.6 Million Copies in One Week

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
These aren't the returns that Arkham City needs, but it's the numbers that the City deserves.
Nice. :]

OT: Go Batman: AC! I wish for Rocksteady to have stupendous amounts of success!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
KeyMaster45 said:
I think it's supposed to be some kind of back handed insult implying they bought a good review from you guys.
That would make a lot more sense if we'd actually reviewed it.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
DarkhoIlow said:
It doesn't surprise me that Arkham City has sold so many copies.
It hasn't sold that many copies, thats how many copies were shipped to various stores around the world.

We don't know how many it's sold yet but considering there are still quite a few on the store shelves it's not 4.6 million yet.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
therandombear said:
DVS BSTrD said:
therandombear said:
Great, now release a patch which fixes the autosave problem so I can continue to play Arkham City! :<
Distressing news is distressing.
What platform are you playing it on?
The 360. I've checked the arkham city forums, happening for other people aswell on different places, and then suddenly they got autosaves back, not for me though. >.<
Didn't even realize there was one. Sorry to hear that.
I'm playing it on the PS3, and I'm not a fanboy or anything, I'm just saying that I don't think the PS3 got one unless someone wants to correct me.

May 29, 2011
Warner brothers can go fuck themselfs for all I care, don't the developers only get money from copies shipped anyway?

And when I went to gamestop about 5 days before release, there was a pile of posters that you get when you preorder with at least 10 left. If that's any indication they may have seriously overestimated how much this game would sell.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
KeyMaster45 said:
I think it's supposed to be some kind of back handed insult implying they bought a good review from you guys.
Yeah it would...coulda sworn you guys had. *shrug* Color me confused then as to what they meant. Regardless, the game is awesome. I'll be shocked if it didn't sell well, unless there are lots of people waiting for the PC release.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I really hope they sell all of them and more, it's one of the best games I've ever played and truly deserves it.

Rassmusseum

Oct 11, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
KeyMaster45 said:
So the site isn't reviewing Arkham City? Butts has been talking about it since E3 though!

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
Baresark said:
I personally am waiting for the PC version to release. I own Arkham Asylum, so I can pick it up at only $40. I love Steam preorder sales.

I own Arkham Asylum too. But I'm paying full price. Damn my interest in owning hard copies of things rather than trusting clouds of 1's and 0's to maintain my collection of virtual entertainment. Will probably buy it through Steam anyway though--been doing that more lately--convenience over preference...but since convenience is turning into my preference...is this where I type "Paradox" in capital letters and with a bunch of exclamation points?

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
These aren't the returns that Arkham City needs, but it's the numbers that the City deserves.
These arent't... wait what?! *throws table* Dammnit! Ninja'd!

DVS BSTrD said:
therandombear said:
DVS BSTrD said:
therandombear said:
Great, now release a patch which fixes the autosave problem so I can continue to play Arkham City! :<
Distressing news is distressing.
What platform are you playing it on?
The 360. I've checked the arkham city forums, happening for other people aswell on different places, and then suddenly they got autosaves back, not for me though. >.<
http://files.sharenator.com/FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250-580.jpg
Knowing MY luck with machines, I'll end-up in the same boat as you.
This is all Mark Hamill's fault! Somehow...
Well f**k, I hope my copy ain't glitching up like that. lets hope RockSteady hears our pleas and fixes that problem in some new patch.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
KeyMaster45 said:
I don't think he's implying that they bought a good review, but instead just spent a lot of money on ads here. Just a hunch though.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
cefm said:
Let's hope that covers their advertising costs on all of the Escapist video segments.
What's that supposed to mean?
I think I can answer that one (I think).

Over the last few weeks, every time I'm off to watch a review, Zero Punctuation, No Right answer, Unskippable or whatever, there's ALWAYS a Batman ad playing right before the actual video. Always. I've already memorized the commercial, honestly.

Now, I'm not speaking for my fellow forum-er, but I think that's what he/she meant. Personally, although it bothers me to see ads all the time, I also understand why the world needs ads. In the words of Red Forma, without it, we would all be monkeys, flinging poop at each other.
Well, not really, but whatever. At least it's an ad about a good game...and it's not like it lasts 5 hours or something.

OT: Well, our local Gamestop(s) did manage to get a Midnight Release for this game; something that you usually see only for titles such as Battlefield, CoD, GoW, etc. That means tons of people are looking forward to it and already bought their copy.

And in all fairness, all stores are offering great things for buying the game with them. I believe Best Buy offered Robin (?), Wal-Mart offered both Arkham Asylum and City for 60 bucks and GameStop gave away 4 DLCs. If the games MIGHT be stacking up at one of these locations, I wouldn't be surprised. It doesn't mean the game isn't selling, it just means people are buying it everywhere, not just as GameStop, for example.

...Right?

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
still waiting for my PC copy... preordered and everything.... T__T... I hope they make it up for us PC players... for waiting so nicely...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I gotta say, that batman statue looks soooo awsome on my desk, the "album" wasnt toobad eather, though I would prefer an exciting orchatral score over generic rock any day

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
punipunipyo said:
still waiting for my PC copy... preordered and everything.... T__T... I hope they make it up for us PC players... for waiting so nicely...
Its not so bad, they are actually putting some effort into it and hopefully giving you somthing that WORKS at least

rpg1203

Sep 18, 2008
Jandau said:
Doesn't the publisher care more about the number shipped than the number sold? I mean, they get paid for the ones they ship and then it's up to the retailers to sell them...
No they care about ones actually sold more but shipped is usually the first big numbers they can try to impress people with. if things aren't selling retailers can do a RTV ( return to vendor) with in a time period after game comes out ,in which case they dont pay for the game thats not sold.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Vault101 said:
punipunipyo said:
Its not so bad, they are actually putting some effort into it and hopefully giving you somthing that WORKS at least

Yeh... I know what you mean... I bought pre order "Rage" and it was sooooo bad when I first play... and i can tell WHY the graphic is so bad too... they render the textures in the scene while your screen moves... but people like me who uses mouse controls to do instant 180 turn, when the game was design to render at the speed of a "pad turn"... the result is most of the time I was looking around, It's ALWAYS rendering... so... yeah, but i couldn't help to think that this particular delay is for the sake of pirates-phobia! here I am ... pre ordering the game... and I have to wait a whole month before the actual release... it's a pain. why am I being treated like a criminal? .... well... 2 and a half more weeks... I am actually going to ply Skyrim B4 this game... B4 MvC3U... damn...