Batman Arkham Knight new game plus mode too hard?

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
I finally finished the main game on Easy mode( it was far from easy.. i never died so many time in a game before..) and unlocked new game plus mode.. and found its' nearly impossible to get very far in thanks to it being so hard.. turns out the default, unchangeable difficulty setting for new game plus mode is knightmare... the maximum difficulty level.. I gave up after dying 10 times in a row from being killed by dozens of enemies over and over ( the early part of the game where you track down the last broadcast location of the Arkham Knight to try and find where he took Barbara Gordon and he shoots batman before leaving him to the several eaves of enemies to take him down)

who's bright idea at Rcoksteady was it to make it so hard and impossible to get through?. anyone else think this was a bad idea to made new game plus mode so hard?

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Gundam GP01 said:
crazygameguy4ever said:
I finally finished the main game on Easy mode( it was far from easy.. i never died so many time in a game before..)
I havent played Arkham Knight yet, but is the game like so dramatically more difficult than the other three? Because I just beat City on hard without much difficulty in most places.

OT: It's NG+, it's supposed to be harder than the main game. And no offense, but if you really never died so many times as you did in Arkham Knight on easy, then it sounds like you just really suck at the game, unless Knight is just far more difficult than any of the other Arkham games, but I dont really think that it is.
no.. i don't suck at the game and i beat Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on all the difficulty settings.. the problems is the extreme difficulty of new game plus and the occasional issue of controls not responding properly (like in Arkham Origins) there's usually fine bus sometimes Batman freaks out and refuses to respond to your controls.. he was stuck moon walking at one point.. facing the camera while i moved him around.. which was annoying and caused him to be killed by enemies since i couldn't fight them.. and times where enemies got stuck in the environment shooting me while being stuck most of the way inside a building and being unable to hit them back..these bugs were less common compared to Arkham Origin's bugs but they still caused deaths quite a few times... oh and the game not giving you and direction in some places and the ridder challenger races not working do to the batmobile sliding around like the wheels are made of
grease and the car regularly freaking out ans spinning around mid-drive like it hit an invisible object..

when I've died in the game it's usually because of the bugs and glitches.. not because of my skils

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I would agree that this game is more difficult than the others, mostly due to the new medic unit they introduced. Those bastards just make everything more annoying. Add in a couple shields, shock batons, and brutes. You'll be pulling your hair out in no time. I've died probably close to twenty times so far on normal and have run into a few parts that I've had to step up and walk away from they killed me so many times.

As for New Game Plus, I'm really kinda bummed they force you to do Knightmare mode. I always thought new game plus mode was made more for fun than added challenge.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
I'm playing on Hard but I wish you could disable the counter "lines" above the enemies' heads, which you could do in City for sure, I don't recall Asylum.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Man, people dying a bunch on easy and normal? I've only died a couple times on normal. It's really not that hard.

Tautology

Apr 5, 2011
I didn't have much trouble playing through it on NG+. Sure, the lack of the counter indicator required me to be more observant, but beyond that it wasn't too much more difficult than normal mode to me. The tank fights were a slight bit harder, but I found them more enjoyable that way. This was probably one of the easier platinum trophies I've gotten, too.

I also did not encounter any bugs or glitches at all, so my experience differed from most peoples' apparently.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Never liked the NG+ modes where they ramp up the difficulty automatically. I like it when they have a NG+ and allow you to pick which difficulty you want to play it on.

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
Seriously? The game is practically designed so you can never get hit! How bad at video games do you have to be?

In the entire time the Arkham series has been out I've died less than ten times.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Gundam GP01 said:
crazygameguy4ever said:
I finally finished the main game on Easy mode( it was far from easy.. i never died so many time in a game before..)
I havent played Arkham Knight yet, but is the game like so dramatically more difficult than the other three? Because I just beat City on hard without much difficulty in most places.
City is realatively easy since there isnt much variety in enemies.

Assuming youre moving on to Origins next, youll find the new enemy types add to the challenge considerably.

Graeme Jackson

Jul 8, 2015
I have to agree. I'm currently playing New Game+ after completion on Hard, and it is damn near impossible. Have attempted the Ivy Protect mission (batmobile) around 30 times, and am no closer to completing it.Hard to the point of frustration, and it's sucking the fun out of the experience for me.....

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Haven't hit NG+ yet but Normal mode was pretty simple, any time I died was usually my own fault/I got bushwhacked by lack of foreknowledge so the second try did it just fine. I cleared the main story with ease, just building towards Knightfall.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Phoenixmgs said:
I'm playing on Hard but I wish you could disable the counter "lines" above the enemies' heads, which you could do in City for sure, I don't recall Asylum.
Then New Game + is for you. NG+ is capped at the "Knightmare" difficulty which removes all counter lines from above the heads of the enemies (makes the Azreal missions, especially the last one against those teleporting "special forces" bastards, a true test of skill). Aside from that though I haven't noticed much difference between Knightmare and Hard difficulty. Enemies may hit a little harder than in Hard mode that that's about it.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Phoenixmgs said:
you could do it in Asylum but only on new game plus same goes for AK. You gotta beat it with them on first

as for the game... I'm playing on hard, I'm 92% of the story completed and yeah I've died a few times but it's never been because the game's too hard but rather because I'm careless or rushing. Are you playing this game as if it was a button masher style game?

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I'm playing on Normal difficulty about 52% complete and for the most part I'm not having any issues. Luckily I've experienced virtually zero bugs on my PS4. I have only had trouble with two parts of the game so far, one bomb defuse on the third island which I later realized said it was Severe difficulty, and even then I only had trouble until I bothered to upgrade the Batmobile's armor. The other part was early on when I found one of the firemen and he was surrounded by a good mix of enemies (shock rods, shields, big guys, guns) and I didn't have any armor or takedown upgrades yet, so it took me a few tries to clear. Though I'm not counting the accidental crushing myself deaths in the Riddler challenges since, while they have happened a few times, they just start you back a little ways from where you died and don't go to the game over villain taunt screen. Otherwise, I've had the occasional death when I've been careless but nothing too severe.

Looking forward to finishing the story and trying out NG+.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Dreadman75 said:
Then New Game + is for you. NG+ is capped at the "Knightmare" difficulty which removes all counter lines from above the heads of the enemies (makes the Azreal missions, especially the last one against those teleporting "special forces" bastards, a true test of skill). Aside from that though I haven't noticed much difference between Knightmare and Hard difficulty. Enemies may hit a little harder than in Hard mode that that's about it.
GZGoten said:
you could do it in Asylum but only on new game plus same goes for AK. You gotta beat it with them on first

as for the game... I'm playing on hard, I'm 92% of the story completed and yeah I've died a few times but it's never been because the game's too hard but rather because I'm careless or rushing. Are you playing this game as if it was a button masher style game?
It's a little disappointing it's not an option from the get-go, even Shadow of Mordor had the option. I'm not sure if I'll replay the game as I'll do probably just about everything in this playthrough. I don't really have enough time to have the luxury to replay games.

Feb 26, 2014
I played on Hard and it wasn't all that bad. The only thing that got me frustrated was the Tank Battles. One in particular on Founders Island pissed me off so much I almost rage quit. So many homing missiles. I'm not looking forward to doing that again. Anyway, even with the Medics the game really isn't all that bad. I never had too much trouble with the Predator sections. The right upgrades take these guys out instantly. Medics and Detective Mode... Detectors feel my wrath! Anyway, yeah. Not all that bad.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
gigastar said:
Gundam GP01 said:
crazygameguy4ever said:

Assuming youre moving on to Origins next, youll find the new enemy types add to the challenge considerably.

I already beat the non-cannon Origins game and several difficulty levels and it was still easier then Arkham Knight

Feb 26, 2014
crazygameguy4ever said:
gigastar said:
Gundam GP01 said:
crazygameguy4ever said:

I already beat the non-cannon Origins game and several difficulty levels and it was still easier then Arkham Knight
The what? Origins is canon. It's confirmed in the Prequel comic and in the game itself. Rocksteady even says the game is canon. Not part of the Trilogy, but still very much so canon.

ArkhamBatmann

Jul 24, 2015
crazygameguy4ever said:
Gundam GP01 said:
crazygameguy4ever said:

OT: It's NG+, it's supposed to be harder than the main game. And no offense, but if you really never died so many times as you did in Arkham Knight on easy, then it sounds like you just really suck at the game, unless Knight is just far more difficult than any of the other Arkham games, but I dont really think that it is.
no.. i don't suck at the game and i beat Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on all the difficulty settings.. the problems is the extreme difficulty of new game plus and the occasional issue of controls not responding properly (like in Arkham Origins) there's usually fine bus sometimes Batman freaks out and refuses to respond to your controls.. he was stuck moon walking at one point.. facing the camera while i moved him around.. which was annoying and caused him to be killed by enemies since i couldn't fight them.. and times where enemies got stuck in the environment shooting me while being stuck most of the way inside a building and being unable to hit them back..these bugs were less common compared to Arkham Origin's bugs but they still caused deaths quite a few times... oh and the game not giving you and direction in some places and the ridder challenger races not working do to the batmobile sliding around like the wheels are made of
grease and the car regularly freaking out ans spinning around mid-drive like it hit an invisible object..

when I've died in the game it's usually because of the bugs and glitches.. not because of my skils
You're delusional. Just admit that you suck hard at this game. I beat it on hard mode, took me 3 days and I finished almost all side quests too. I died alot for sure, but that's to be expected from Hard mode. If you died alot on Easy mode, then you're just really bad at this game. I tried Easy mode after I beat the game to complete a few missions and started new game plus on Easy mode afterwards, and it was cake walk. Never died once since. Stop blaming the game because you suck dude. There are no bugs or glitches in this game that makes you die. You sound like DSP on Youtube. He's a Let's Player who really really sucks at all and any type of games, but he's too stubborn to admit that it's his fault, instead he blames it on bad controls, glitches, bugs etc. You should check out "How not to play MGS3" it's really funny to watch him play.