Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Date Finally Confirmed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Date Finally Confirmed

Batman: Arkham Knight's woeful PC port will go on sale once again by the end of this month.

I have some good news for you incredibly paitent pulled from sale [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman%20arkham%20knight?os=batman+arkham+knight], finally has an official re-release date... three months later. The PC version of Arkham Knight will return to both digital and physical stores on October 28.

"At 10 am PDT, Oct. 28th, Batman: Arkham Knight will be re-released for the PC platform. At the same time we'll also be releasing a patch that brings the PC version fully up-to-date with content that has been released for console (with the exception of console exclusives)," wrote Warner Bros in a blog post [http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710064900030355].

Last we heard, a rather substantial patch had been released [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142255-Batman-Arkham-Knight-PC-Port-Patch-Almost-Ready], which seemed to fix a lot of the problems gamers had, although there were still quite a few glitches and oddities remaining. We're assuming that this final patch will aim to tidy those up.

It's been a long time coming and frankly, given the scale of the initial fuck-up, WB and Rocksteady have done the absolute bare minimum. It took them way too long to fix it, and their communication with the community was absolutely shocking, and now that it's finally here, there's no sort of token of gratitude for the dedicated PC fans who stood by them (say... a free season pass?)

Source: Steam [http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710064900030355]

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
MC1980 said:
Nice to see that their top priority is shilling dlc. This fucking company. They didn't even say what the improvements/fixes in the release day patch would be, if there are any. And by fuck all mighty there should be, the thing still gobs VRAM up for no good reason.
I'm curious who "this fucking company" is. Rocksteady has a pretty good reputation while Warner Bros has a very bad reputation. People often blame the developers when it is the publishers pulling the strings. I won't deny that Rocksteady dropped the ball, but pushing all the blame on the developer drives me up the wall.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
still dont care about it enough to get it even though i didn't get burned by it i am still going to be shy of it

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
I refuse to buy the next Deus Ex on day one due to shenanigans...I'm hardly going to even glance at the sale page for this atrocity. Barring deep discounts, I'll just have to limit myself to watching YT Let's Plays.

Then again, the price of games being what they are (and with content being cut out and drip-fed as it usually is), paying full price is no longer in practice in my household. Ah well, I got a really nice GMG discount on my Fallout 4 purchase (thanks Escapist!)...so that will certainly keep me occupied, and provide a good value to boot!

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Seracen said:
I refuse to buy the next Deus Ex on day one due to shenanigans...I'm hardly going to even glance at the sale page for this atrocity. Barring deep discounts, I'll just have to limit myself to watching YT Let's Plays.

Then again, the price of games being what they are (and with content being cut out and drip-fed as it usually is), paying full price is no longer in practice in my household. Ah well, I got a really nice GMG discount on my Fallout 4 purchase (thanks Escapist!)...so that will certainly keep me occupied, and provide a good value to boot!
What does Deus Ex has to do with this? It's not even published by the same people.

step1999

Mar 11, 2010
Seracen said:
I refuse to buy the next Deus Ex on day one due to shenanigans...
You do realise they decided the "augment your preorder" thing was stupid and stopped doing it?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
oh, thats still going on. i completely forgot about it. maybe because i have never really cared for it. especially since the pc version is a mess from day one on. sorry, but i keep my fingers off it. other games im more interested in. besides, im still busy with MGS 5.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Unless this patch causes the game to run flawlessly, they are going to be shredded even more intensely than before. I wonder how big the patch will be, probably 30gb.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
MC1980 said:
Nice to see that their top priority is shilling dlc. This fucking company. They didn't even say what the improvements/fixes in the release day patch would be, if there are any. And by fuck all mighty there should be, the thing still gobs VRAM up for no good reason.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding it, but aren't they giving the DLC away for free (well included)? If anyone should be mad it should be people like me who bought the season pass.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
A free season pass would be nice for some but like wizzy, I already own it.

Something would be a nice gesture to PC gamers but to be honest I'm not expecting anything but for the game to work like it should have done at release.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Wow, I don't know if WB even know or care about the PC marketplace right now. Three months is a long time, most people who wanted Arkham Knight probably forgot about it and picked up a different game (like me) lost interest entirely or just got it on console. Suddenly going "oh hey, you can buy this for full price again now, we fixed it (probably)" and expecting any decent sales is... hopeful.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
step1999 said:
Seracen said:
You do realise they decided the "augment your preorder" thing was stupid and stopped doing it?
Should have said "refused." But I'm still opposed to paying full price. Although it's as much b/c I spent that money on Fallout 4 as anything else, but their crap made it easy for me to decide to wait.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
step1999 said:
Seracen said:
That sort of behavior in general. It's all one giant ball of mess. Doesn't really matter what company it comes from, as they all seem to latch onto the bad ideas. It's as much of a horrid echo-chamber as the worst internet discussions can be (not taking shots at this thread, just saying in general).