Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Unites The Bat's Rogues Gallery

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Trishbot said:
IceStar100 said:
I just still sad harley and joker's kids a no go. It would have been awesome to see what kind of person that turns out to be. Does he build on his father legacy or does he go the oppiste way and show he not his father. Heck a female joker would be awesome to make it daddy little horror.
Was it outright confirmed it's a no go? I know we heard the pregnancy test has a margin of error.

... I still think Arkham Knight is Joker's kid. Criminal kills crimefighter's parent, creating crimefighter. Crimefighter kills criminal, creating Arkham Knight.
They have said something. Still that would be awesome. I still bet it's going to turn out to be jason todd. Still just everything that could happen batman dies trying to fix his mistake. Redemption by death so the arkham knight take up the mantle to honer the man who saved him. Would be a way to end it all on a postive note.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Looks amazing. I loved the previous 2 games but this almost seems on a whole new level. Obviously Rocksteady has the experience now to perfect their formula but seeing it all in glorious new-gen graphics just...wow. June is a very good launch date as well since there are almost no good games released in the summer period. Espescially not high-profile games like this one.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
I know they said they wouldn't, but I don't trust them not to put the Joker into the metal suit of the Arkham Knight. Hell, of all the Batman villains he's pretty much the only one who ever assumed secret identities to mess with Batman.. I mean, what would really be the alternative? A new, original character? Owlman, the evil Batman from Earth-3? Maybe an android of some description build by one of the evil geniuses of the batman canon? Clayman? I'm just not seeing it...

thetoddo

May 18, 2010
Maybe not Owlman, but I'd wet myself if you take down the Knight and Batman looks up to see 5 more men in identical suits surrounding him before revealing they're the Talons from the Court of Owls.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
An Ceannaire said:
Wait, would this not be the 4th Arkham game?
3rd by Ricksteady. Origins by WB Montreal. making forth but due to less polish doesn't count by fans but officially makes 4th.

I'm happy, this game will rule.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'm excited about this, because yeah, it's this. However, some things I took away from the trailer (warning: wild guessing coming in)

Did anyone else feel like maybe Poison Ivy is...backing out? Not switching sides and helping Batman exactly, but she either didn't agree with the alliance, or she no longer wants to be a part of it, so she's giving Batman info to help him stop it? I could see this happening, because she never really came across as, "I'm out to get Batman!" in the other games, and I doubt what is happening in the city is good for all of her babies...

No sign of Catwoman? Man, I hope that doesn't mean that she's dead, or that she dies. I like her, and I loved playing as her.

I know everyone is saying that the voice in the trailer is Scarecrow, and perhaps maybe it even is (too lazy to go check credits), but what if it's not? What if the trailer is just shown that way to make it seem like he's the one talking, but we are actually hearing the voice of The Arkham Knight? As a few other people have pointed out, Scarecrow shouldn't sound that...sane, calm and collected. Besides, he was voiced by the same person, at least I think he was, in both games, and it would be really sad if Rocksteady replaced his voice actor for his big role.
EDIT: I did some quick digging and I didn't find anything that said for sure that John Noble is the voice of Scarecrow. I did find a sight that says it is rumored that he is, while everyone else is confirmed for their characters, but nothing about him being Scarecrow. I really hope Rocksteady is trying to pull a fast one on everyone.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I'd actually assumed this was just another prequel like Origins up to this point, but seeing it being actually the follow-up to Arkham City just after I finished it makes me excited. If Bloodborne turns out to be the Second Coming and this is just as good as it ought to be, maybe I'll invest in a PS4 as well.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
jurnag12 said:
You mean the Joker that died after you kick Clayface straight into a Lazarus pit? Yeah, no, he's dead. The Joker during the earlier bossfight and during any instance that he appears to have been cured is indeed Clayface, but that was the actual Joker that died. There's even a scene in the Arkham comics covering what happens after city that shows them cremating Joker's corpse just to be sure.
How many times has his death been certain, only for him to show his painted face again?

Really, Superman is rumoured to be in this? The man is cursed, any game he is in sucks and blows.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Anon 167

Batman has survived so much nonsense he might as well be in the same magical universe!

Also apologies for this haphazard method of reply, I think adverts are murdering my Escapist browser and screwing with both quote and preview functions.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
Bat Vader said:
Well, it's just the monocle really that I can't get over. You'd think he would, I don't know, have that shit surgically removed.

Also, just his entire disposition in City felt like Rocksteady wanted to make an uber gritty version of one of the least threatening villians from the Batman rogues gallery.
He actually can't surgically remove it because the "finest doctors" told him it was lodged in so bad trying to remove it would result in death.

Personally, I liked everything about Penguin in City. While he's certainly more threatening than other depictions of him, he is still pretty easily put in his place. Besides, I never really dug the more Lex Luthorish Penguin; it didn't feel right to me for Batman to have a villain that is a clearly underhanded guy posing as a legitimate business person. I feel it fits better when Batman is dealing with a mob boss with connections and corruptness to avoid the law versus posing as legitimate to their faces. Superman it works, but Batman...eh. I can't really see Gotham Penguin working all that well in these games either and he's actually one of the few things good about that show! Then again, that is a pre-Batman Penguin, so maybe by the time Batman is around his character would work well enough in the Arkhamverse. I don't know.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Casual Shinji said:
Bat Vader said:
Is that John Noble(Denethor)voicing Scarecrow? It helps make the trailer more awesome but it kinda sucks how they didn't hire back the guy who voiced Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum.
Same here.

I really liked the Scarecrow's voice in Asylum. If there's one thing Scarecrow shouldn't sound like it's calm and collected. Now he just sounds like Hugo Strange.
Hugo Strange? Give him a little more credit than that. Hugo Strange sounded almost pretentious, not that it didn't work for him. At least, Scarecrow here gives off a better domineering impression and I say that as someone who would have liked the original voice to be made so as to work for an upgrade to starring role.

Sniper Team 4 said:
I know everyone is saying that the voice in the trailer is Scarecrow, and perhaps maybe it even is (too lazy to go check credits), but what if it's not?
I'm sorry to say that I'm very confident that is Scarecrow's voice. In another trailer you hear that same voice saying,
Gotham: This is your only warning. Abandon this city, or I will unleash your greatest fears. Tonight, Gotham falls. A city of fear rises
Seems kinda silly to me to pull a fast one with such a Scarecrow like line. I can kind of understand the direction though with his starring role, his new appearance due to Croc mauling and the old voice maybe not matching up well, the fact it still fits his theme of fear, the fact he is taking control of the situation and the voice fits in that regard. Perhaps, his old voice actor seemed too over the top when Scarecrow has all that going for him this time around. I'm also not sure what you mean by "both games". We haven't seen Scarecrow since Asylum.

We know that's not the Arkham Knight because we've already heard his voice in the 3 part Ace Chemicals trailer.
008Zulu said:
Really, Superman is rumoured to be in this?
That's probably among the stupidest rumors. Rocksteady is on record as wanting to keep this series self contained. They wanted this trilogy to be about only Batman and his immediate surrounding universe from the start. The closest this game will get to the rest of the DC universe is through minor references.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Davroth said:
I mean, what would really be the alternative?
Azrael would be the obvious one, given he both showed up in City and wore the bat-mantle back during the 90s as the EXTREME version of Batman. Hell if it ISN'T Azrael I'll be surprised.

EDIT: Also the trailer looks neat. Loving Ivy's and Harley Quinn's redesigns, and the Riddler and Jim Gordon also look great.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Does it strike anyone else as weird that it would be Scarecrow to step up as coalition leader as opposed to like Mister Freeze or Penguin or something?

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
Final instalment of the Arkham trilogy?
Arkham Asylum
Arkam City
Arham Origins....
Am I missing something? Haven't there already been three?