Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Unites The Bat's Rogues Gallery

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Unites The Bat's Rogues Gallery

The final installment of the Arkham trilogy has Batman fighting an alliance of his entire rogues gallery.

Batman: Arkham Asylum [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman+arkham+knight] all those years ago. As such, Rocksteady are looking to go out with a bang, and are uniting all of Batman's biggest villains (with one, notable exception that those who played Arkham City will understand) in the latest Arkham Knight trailer. Check it out to the right.

The trailer shows Scarecrow convincing Two-Face, The Penguin, the Riddler, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and of course, the mysterious Arkham Knight himself [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133293-Batman-Arkham-Knights-Titular-Knight-Revealed-in-Screenshots], to join forces to take over Gotham. And from the looks of things... they have succeeded, and the game will drop poor old Bruce into a city overrun by henchmen and super-villains.

Scarecrow then taunts The Bat, as it shows him exploring the open-world of Gotham, beating thugs into submission, and riding around in his gadget-filled Batmobile. It certainly looks like Rocksteady are really intent on upping the scale for Arkham Knight, to give a proper send off to the series.

Earlier in the month, we heard that Arkham Knight's increasingly desperate villains are gonna be doing some pretty dark and disturbing stuff, which lead to the game being given a more mature rating [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139919-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Will-be-M-for-Mature] than it's predecessors.

Arkham Knight launches on June 2 for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
(with one, notable exception that those who played Arkham City will understand)
And, despite how much I love that villain in question, I do honestly hope he stays an exception. City was a damn good game and that ending formed a great capstone on that experience.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
Not to be That Guy, but "Rouge" in title, I did not realize Batman had a squad of..Burlesque Dancers. I only bring it up because you mention just down that it's a "Rogue Gallery" feel free to call me out if I'm mistaken though.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
jurnag12 said:
And, despite how much I love that villain in question, I do honestly hope he stays an exception. City was a damn good game and that ending formed a great capstone on that experience.
If you use detective mode during that scene, you notice Joker has no bones. It wasn't the real one.

I wonder what allies Batman will have in this adventure. Perhaps a certain bow wielding vigilante?

arkady

Nov 9, 2007
Ninmecu said:
Not to be That Guy, but "Rouge" in title, I did not realize Batman had a squad of..Burlesque Dancers. I only bring it up because you mention just down that it's a "Rogue Gallery" feel free to call me out if I'm mistaken though.
Maybe the new Batman is a big fan of makeup?

*Shudders*

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
008Zulu said:
jurnag12 said:
If you use detective mode during that scene, you notice Joker has no bones. It wasn't the real one.

I wonder what allies Batman will have in this adventure. Perhaps a certain bow wielding vigilante?
Legolas would be a pretty awesome ally considering how overpowered he was in The Hobbit Trilogy. In all seriousness though I would love to see Green Arrow be an ally.

Is that John Noble(Denethor)voicing Scarecrow? It helps make the trailer more awesome but it kinda sucks how they didn't hire back the guy who voiced Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Bat Vader said:
Is that John Noble(Denethor)voicing Scarecrow?
It is indeed. And Troy Baker is voicing Two Face this time.

008Zulu said:
Wasn't the real one already dead at that point, from his poisoning from the Titan thing?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
008Zulu said:
jurnag12 said:

Kungfu_Teddybear is right, not sure about how much you remember from the game, but you are half right though.

The Joker used Clayface as a decoy who fights you to make Bats think that the Joker was cured. It was in this fight where you could use detective vision to see that the Joker has no bones, but he really did die.

OT: Awesome. Can't wait for this game, though I am disappointed with the DLC. Yet again they screw us over with all the pre-order bonuses and store exclusives. I want that Red Hood DLC and I want it when I get the game. Wouldn't be too shabby if I could use the skins in the world too instead of in boring challenge modes. Make it happen Rocksteady!

Oh, while Green Arrow would be nice, I think they're putting in Supes already.

[spoiler As a side note, ] I hope they didn't forget about Talia. In the Robin DLC for Arkham City, they didn't really touch on her death and how it affected Batman. [/spoiler]

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
008Zulu said:
jurnag12 said:
You mean the Joker that died after you kick Clayface straight into a Lazarus pit? Yeah, no, he's dead. The Joker during the earlier bossfight and during any instance that he appears to have been cured is indeed Clayface, but that was the actual Joker that died. There's even a scene in the Arkham comics covering what happens after city that shows them cremating Joker's corpse just to be sure.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Bat Vader said:
Is that John Noble(Denethor)voicing Scarecrow?
It is indeed. And Troy Baker is voicing Two Face this time.

008Zulu said:
Wasn't the real one already dead at that point, from his poisoning from the Titan thing?
Nice. Didn't Troy Baker voice Two-Face in Arkham City as well for all of ten minutes?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Bat Vader said:
Is that John Noble(Denethor)voicing Scarecrow? It helps make the trailer more awesome but it kinda sucks how they didn't hire back the guy who voiced Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum.
Same here.

I really liked the Scarecrow's voice in Asylum. If there's one thing Scarecrow shouldn't sound like it's calm and collected. Now he just sounds like Hugo Strange.

Anyway, at least Harley looks a bit more playful this time around, instead of like the slutty goth groupie she was in City.

Unfortunately though we're also going to be subjected again to Nolan North's awful Penguin. North is great, but that performance was terrible. Plus, Penguin on a whole was just a shitty design. Everything about him in City felt like overcompensation. 'Instead of a monocle he'll have the bottom of a bottle lodged in his eye!'

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Bat Vader said:
Same here.

I really liked the Scarecrow's voice in Asylum. If there's one thing Scarecrow shouldn't sound like it's calm and collected. Now he just sounds like Hugo Strange.

Anyway, at least Harley looks a bit more playful this time around, instead of like the slutty goth groupie she was in City.

Unfortunately though we're also going to be subjected again to Nolan North's awful Penguin. North is great, but that performance was terrible. Plus, Penguin on a whole was just a shitty design. Everything about him in City felt like overcompensation. 'Instead of a monocle he'll have the bottom of a bottle lodged in his eye!'
I Liked Penguin's design. Reminded me of Danny Devito's Penguin from Batman Returns. I agree that Nolan voicing him though was pretty bad. Personally I think that Craig Fairbass the man that voiced Gaz and Ghost from Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 would have done a great Penguin voice.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Bat Vader said:
I Liked Penguin's design. Reminded me of Danny Devito's Penguin from Batman Returns. I agree that Nolan voicing him though was pretty bad. Personally I think that Craig Fairbass the man that voiced Gaz and Ghost from Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 would have done a great Penguin voice.
Well, it's just the monocle really that I can't get over. You'd think he would, I don't know, have that shit surgically removed.

Also, just his entire disposition in City felt like Rocksteady wanted to make an uber gritty version of one of the least threatening villians from the Batman rogues gallery. He was constantly just threatening with violence and shooting his own men, it got real obnoxious real fast.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
I'm digging Scarecrow's new "Chemical terrorist's suicide vest" look.

A shame that you-know-who won't be involved though....

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
This is the game that sells the 8th gen for me.
I'm super excited for Bloodborne and Silent Hills, but this is the one trailer that made me wants to get a PS4.

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
Dragonlayer said:
I'm digging Scarecrow's new "Chemical terrorist's suicide vest" look.

A shame that you-know-who won't be involved though....
Aye, it's just not Batman without Lord Voldemort

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
arkady said:
Ninmecu said:
Maybe the new Batman is a big fan of makeup?

*Shudders*
What are you talking about?

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
I just still sad harley and joker's kids a no go. It would have been awesome to see what kind of person that turns out to be. Does he build on his father legacy or does he go the oppiste way and show he not his father. Heck a female joker would be awesome to make it daddy little horror.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
IceStar100 said:
I just still sad harley and joker's kids a no go. It would have been awesome to see what kind of person that turns out to be. Does he build on his father legacy or does he go the oppiste way and show he not his father. Heck a female joker would be awesome to make it daddy little horror.
Was it outright confirmed it's a no go? I know we heard the pregnancy test has a margin of error.

... I still think Arkham Knight is Joker's kid. Criminal kills crimefighter's parent, creating crimefighter. Crimefighter kills criminal, creating Arkham Knight.

Aerith

Feb 25, 2015
Color me unimpressed. I was a sucker for Arkham City's style of doing things, and so did everyone else. But they've been milking that for two more games and DLC now. Time to switch things up, I think.