Batman: Arkham Origins DLC Cancelled on Wii U

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
oldtaku said:
Integrity looks really bad to their shareholders. I wish that were a joke.
Nintendo's stock prices aren't significantly worse than those of similar companies without a pretense of integrity, so I doubt that's true.
Perhaps not. But Nintendo has refused to do several things that it's stockholders were insisting it should do. Such as fire a lot of it's employees.

They seem to have other priorities than just pleasing stockholders...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
Perhaps not. But Nintendo has refused to do several things that it's stockholders were insisting it should do. Such as fire a lot of it's employees.

Which I would think augments my point. This isn't inherently harmful. Shareholders want some sort of radical reaction, which may or may or may not be the solution, but Nintendo's sales, not their business dealings, are what have harmed stock prices.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
AzrealMaximillion said:
If Nintendo cared about its customers as much as its fans think they did, localization and region locking wouldn't be an issue. Among other anti- consumer things Nintendo does.
People need Nintendo to be special to justify their loyalty to the brand.

gizmo2300 said:
I'd just like to point out that region-locking is a problem with the international trade unions, not Nintendo. Region 1-4 were put in place to protect local businesses, it's a stupid system in this day and age but none of the companies involved cares enough to lobby for a change. It's also part of why prices for these kinds of products are so high.
Consoles have been region free before, despite these trade unions. Nintendo can do it, but don't want to. Xbone and PS4 are both region-free (for games, anyway). At some point, you have to look at the practices of the "good guys" and ask why the "bad guys" can do it but they can't. The most reasonable explanation is actually that they can, but won't.

Also, it's kinda strange that you blame trade unions for high prices when defending a company that itself has been guilty of price fixing.

VinLAURiA said:
Don't bother arguing with that guy; he's a notorious hater.
Hater or not, he has a point.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
BiH-Kira said:
And then they complain that no one buys 3rd party games on the WiiU.
Just a question, why would anyone buy a bad port with no additional stuff when he can get the same on another platform + extra content?

But hey, it's the fault of the WiiU and the fans. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the developer gives less but require the same money on the WiiU.
No kidding; 3rd parties make the Wii U version of games noticeably crappier and then pitch fits when it turns out customers aren't that dumb. People are not just going to buy your product simply because you're a 3rd party game on the Wii U. They expect quality, not halfassed work. 3rd parties need to be held to a higher standard and the first thing people can do is start telling them that their failure on Nintendo systems is THEIR fault, not consumers' and ESPECIALLY not Nintendo's. Wake me up when 3rd parties get over themselves start acting like grown-ups

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Mmm, yes. WB is the bad guys for failing to invest in a failing console.

How dare they not throw money into the wind like how Platinum Games is doing with Bayonetta 2.

They should invest in all of their planned platforms no matter what, for like, y'know, artistic integrity or some shit.

Who could possibly give a shit except for butthurt owners of the Wii U?

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Scrythe said:
Mmm, yes. WB is the bad guys for failing to invest in a failing console.

How dare they not throw money into the wind like how Platinum Games is doing with Bayonetta 2.

They should invest in all of their planned platforms no matter what, for like, y'know, artistic integrity or some shit.

Who could possibly give a shit except for butthurt owners of the Wii U?
They promised DLC, and sold Season Passes for that DLC, and are now going back against their promise.

That's shitty business practice, no matter how the console is doing. That kind of behavior deserves to ridiculed and needs to be stamped out of the game industry.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
CrystalShadow said:

Which I would think augments my point. This isn't inherently harmful. Shareholders want some sort of radical reaction, which may or may or may not be the solution, but Nintendo's sales, not their business dealings, are what have harmed stock prices.
That much is beyond doubt. Still, what they need to do to get out of it isn't so clear.

Prior to the Wii their home consoles showed a clear and consistent downward trend. The Wii U is perhaps just a continuation of their previous problems... But now they have a few extra ones on top. (Although the Wii seems to have made them so much money it's unclear how long it'd take before their problems are anything beyond superficial to them.)

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
It's like the greatest wish fulfillment in the world.

Third party devs complain that Nintendo fans don't buy their games on their consoles, and yet they pull crap like this.

It's actually stupid how Nintendo has to foot the bill for that by giving away eshop credit. Fuck that. Warner Bros. Should be the ones paying their consumers back plus interest.

You put the preorder on the Wii U, you fucking deliver on it.

This is why nobody buys third party stuff on the Wii U. It's either gimped, buggy, or we all get the short end of the stick. What the hell is that?

Your basically PUNISHING your consumers for daring to buy your game on the console not in your favor.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Kwil said:
WB still owes us a story based DLC, as that's what they were advertising in the package. It's nice that Nintendo has picked up the ball to give refunds, but that doesn't change WB's obligations.

Class action suit, anyone?
If I was Nintendo, I would personally force WB to pay back their consumers. While it's nice of them to do that, Nintendo was under no obligation to pay back consumers because a third party developer took a shit on their end of the bargain.