Batman, Hellboy, and Free Country - Top 10 Comics of September 2015

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Batman, Hellboy, and Free Country - Top 10 Comics of September 2015

The Escapist looks back at some of our favorite comics from September 2015.

Read Full Article

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Sean Murphy has a new comic?! And it's cyberpunk?!

God I love that guy's art. I still regret losing Hellblazer: City Of Demons. Where the hell did I put it... Regardless, I can't wait for the first Tokyo Ghost trade. Hopefully I won't lose that one.

In general, I'm real impressed with what Image Comics is putting out in terms of sheer variety and creativity of art, themes, stories, etc. I really don't care much for your average superhero stuff, outside of some stand-alone stories, but good lord I'm still drowning in Image's catalogue already. Let alone Vertigo and Dark Horse...

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Cowabungaa said:
Regardless, I can't wait for the first Tokyo Ghost trade.
I was like "sure I'll buy this" in the store, not quite sure that it'd be good, but then I read it and

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
JonB said:
Cowabungaa said:
Regardless, I can't wait for the first Tokyo Ghost trade.
I was like "sure I'll buy this" in the store, not quite sure that it'd be good, but then I read it and

Excellent to hear that. After all, no matter how much I adore Murphy his art only makes up 50% of the book. It makes me almost sad I don't buy monthly issues, easily having to wait half a year to finally read this. But I know single issues would fall apart within a year, knowing me, so I'll stick to waiting.

'Luckily' I still have 11 TBP's I still want to buy (10 of those from Image, goddammit Image...), and 2 more coming out in November. Oh God I'm never going to afford that...

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
I only collect TPB (just a preference) but I will be getting a Tokyo ghost and Providence trade when they are out