Batman, Interrupted

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Batman, Interrupted

Eidos and Warner Bros. Interactive have confirmed rumours that Batman: Arkham Asylum has been delayed.

On Thursday, rumors began to circulate that the eagerly-anticipated batarang-'em-up Batman: Arkham Asylum, which was scheduled to ship on June 23rd, would be delayed until Christmas, prompting much gnashing of teeth from those who couldn't wait to pit themselves against the Joker and his vile cabal of lunatics.

Unfortunately, the rumors are true, well, partially true at least. Eidos and Warner Bros. Interactive have confirmed that Arkham Aslyum will not ship on June 23rd, but instead will come out at the 'end of summer 2009'. A press release attributes the delay to Eidos and Warner Bros. wanting "to ensure Batman: Arkham Asylum is of the highest quality for gamers." Sounds like they want to iron out any final bugs before they unleash it on the world.

While the delay is disappointing for gamers and batman fans alike, it's hard to fault Eidos for wanting to make the best Batman game they can, especially after the disappointing sales of Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Keep watching this space for more concrete details on Batman: Arkham Asylum's new release date.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174028]

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Its rare that a big release ships on its scheduled release date.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Sevre90210 said:
True, but a lot of games have been pushed back by 6 months so we should be sued to the wait by now. Hell, Prototype was supposed to be a summer release last year, but it's still coming soon.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Oh wow. This is one that I honestly didn't expect to get pushed back.

Sgt. Dante said:
Sevre90210 said:
True, but a lot of games have been pushed back by 6 months so we should be sued to the wait by now. Hell, Prototype was supposed to be a summer release last year, but it's still coming soon.
Also, UN Squadron is my favorite game of all time for the SNES.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
Even though as a big Batman fan, I'm a bit disappointed, I'm also kind of glad. I wish more games would get postponed to fix bugs instead of being rushed. Really, I think they sould release a game like this in October to go along with Halloween anyway.

Travdelosmuertos

Apr 16, 2009
Good. This game looks like it has potential to give Batman a legitimate foothold in gaming. They need to take their time.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
antipunt said:
"Hell, Prototype was supposed to be a summer release last year"

lol wut?
What do you mean "lol wut?" It was. Originally, it was billed as a summer 2008 game, but was pushed around druing the merger between Blizzard and Activision, was delayed, pushed back, retested, and was eventually re-tooled for a Summer 2009 release.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Awww damn.

At least it's going to be without bugs... Better this than rushing it before it's finished.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Well, hopefully, with the increased time the game-makers have recieved, they'll be able to work out any bugs or flaws and create an even better finished product. I look forward to hearing more news about this.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
On the bright side, I saw some pre order adverts at Gamestop, and the sign read "Pre-order now for special villain challenge rooms". The Xbox 360 box version was pictured. Does this mean exsclusive DLC for the 360 to match the PS3's joker rooms?

BAW ON HAVING TO PRE ORDER IT THOUGH.

batti

Mar 18, 2009
AAAAAAAAGH, Hulkout!
Damn it, Rocksteady. why is the game that gives my nerdgasms the size of Belgium delayed?

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Well, Batman games so far have been pretty dire from what I've seen. One can only hope that with the delay this game is at least a passable licence cash-in.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Eidos don't understand quality - see Kane and Lynch. This extra time will only allow them to make it worse.
And that was a sucker punch to the gonads.

On Topic: While I commend Eidos on delaying Batman for quality I'm still ticked that I have to wait longer for this title.