Batman vs. Superman Production Won't Be Delayed As Rumored

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Batman vs. Superman Production Won't Be Delayed As Rumored

Batman vs. Superman production is not getting delayed, and the "main players" are now being called in to start right away.

Just last week, we three-picture deal with Warner Bros. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131452-DCs-Batman-vs-Superman-Delayed-Until-2016] to play Wonder Woman on the big screen.

This certainly bodes well for DC fans who've been itching to see a live-action showdown between Batman and the Big Blue Boy Scout but let's hope Warner Bros. doesn't rush the film just to get some of that Avengers movie money.

Batman vs. Superman will star Henry Cavill as he reprises his role as the Last Son of Krypton along with Affleck and Gadot, with Zack Snyder (300) helming the flick for release on May 6, 2016 -- which is set to pit it against an unannounced Marvel film.

Who do you expect to be the victor between Batman vs. Superman? Or do you expect Znyder to play it safe and have the fight end in a draw before the big villain comes into play?

Source: IGN [http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/fox-pilot-the-middle-man-on-pause-as-ben-affleck-becomes-unavailable-to-direct/]

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Alex Co said:
Who do you expect to be the victor between Batman vs. Superman? Or do you expect Znyder to play it safe and have the fight end in a draw before the big villain comes into play?
I imagine the whole Batman vs. Superman part of the movie will just be Batman does something Superman disapproves of, Superman tires to capture him a few times and Batman evades him each time.

There will be no actual fighting, there is no way for Batman to even hurt Superman in this new Superman movie universe, Kryptonite does not exist yet.

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Angelous Wang said:
Alex Co said:
I imagine the whole Batman vs. Superman part of the movie will just be Batman does something Superman disapproves of, Superman tires to capture him a few times and Batman evades him each time.

There will be no actual fighting, there is no way for Batman to even hurt Superman in this new Superman movie universe, Kryptonite does not exist yet.
I imagine the same. They might fight a few times, but I assume they will team up to take out the main villain at some point. With how Man of Steel portrayed Supes, even donning a Robo Bat Suit (a la The Dark Knight Returns) might not work. o_O

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I'm actually curious if anyone actually has any faith in this movie right now. I'm certainly not holding my breath with anticipation for this epic movie. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be good, but so far DC has not been making moves that make me think they can even pull off something like Marvel did with the Avengers.

Prove me wrong DC.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I expect the winner to be Alfred.

Or ya know, whatever unannounced Marvel film that will be put up against it, since any flick within the Avengersverse is a guaranteed success at this point.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I honestly could not be made to care less. Nothing about the first Superman movie has given me any hope that this franchise is in competent hands. And I really dislike Zack Snyder as a director.

Dire Trout

Jan 6, 2014
RJ Dalton said:
I honestly could not be made to care less. Nothing about the first Superman movie has given me any hope that this franchise is in competent hands. And I really dislike Zack Snyder as a director.
This, and the "versus" does nothing for me. I've long since lost interest in the lame old comic book cliche of "we're both superheroes, but we have a difference of opinion about something, so rather than talking it out or agreeing to disagree, let's punch each other for a while, instead of punching the villains! Yeah, we might take out a building or two if we punch each other in the middle of a city, but that's just what the residents get for putting up with superpowered lunatics in costumes, I guess!"

Also, The Avengers already did the heroes-punching-each-other thing.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Alex Co said:
Shnoogle said:
Erm.... releasing the film in 2013? Typo!
Whoops! Sorry 'bout that! My brain is still in 2013, sadly! Fixed and thanks! =)
That's cool. I tend to mess up the date during the first month of year myself. ^^;

I'm hoping the "victor" will be the audience who've been dying for a good DC Comics movie. I wanna see this get better but both sides, DC Comics and Warner Brothers, need to get their ducks in a row. They're already on shaky ground after Man of Steel and Green Lantern. If this production shows anymore trouble, its only gonna make it harder for them to make leeway with Marvel Studios.

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
I'm confused by this article. It's NOT being delayed but it's still due in 2016?
So are they just claiming now it was ALWAYS going to be 2016?

Jace1709

Apr 9, 2010
DoctorM said:
I'm confused by this article. It's NOT being delayed but it's still due in 2016?
So are they just claiming now it was ALWAYS going to be 2016?
I think what they're saying is that even though the release date has been pushed back... what, 6 months?, maybe more, production on the movie will start at the same time. There won't be an equal delay in starting the filming, so those extra months will be used to get everything right.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Remus said:
I expect the winner to be Alfred.

Or ya know, whatever unannounced Marvel film that will be put up against it, since any flick within the Avengersverse is a guaranteed success at this point.
I love how without context, this just makes it seem like Alfred was some kind of God, living and caring for Batman patiently, while secretly being all powerful.

I know he actually took the nano-pill first

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
Christ. I'm so torn between wanting this film to succeed, and spectacularly fuck-up on a crashed and burned coarse from the beginning. There was already so much wrong with Man of Steel. This franchise, it's very core was wrong from the start. Obviously Warner Bros/DC did this to compete in their cold war with Marvel's success. The writing was terrible aside from having the big bad alien orphan kill someone, but Batman nor Wonder Woman will be able to fix this mess. Yet, I'd like to see them pull it off. I'd greatly appreciate a creative and new story. But with 300's director calling the shots, that requires you being a fan of his style. Which I find meh at best.

Bloody hell. Just ..... I certainly wont be paying money to see this.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Oh, so I guess we won't have a muscle bound Wonder Woman... That would have been cool... Oh well, they dropped the ball pretty badly with MOS, I don't expect this will be any good. I won't be as angry this time as I will be going in with low expectations

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
At this point I'm wondering whether DC should bother anymore, they seem to make some pretty bad decisions when allowing these films. though I think their animated cartoons do better then Marvel's.

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
Multi-Hobbyist said:
Christ. I'm so torn between wanting this film to succeed, and spectacularly fuck-up on a crashed and burned coarse from the beginning. There was already so much wrong with Man of Steel. This franchise, it's very core was wrong from the start. Obviously Warner Bros/DC did this to compete in their cold war with Marvel's success. The writing was terrible aside from having the big bad alien orphan kill someone, but Batman nor Wonder Woman will be able to fix this mess. Yet, I'd like to see them pull it off. I'd greatly appreciate a creative and new story. But with 300's director calling the shots, that requires you being a fan of his style. Which I find meh at best.

Bloody hell. Just ..... I certainly wont be paying money to see this.
I completely agree. If they were rebooting Superman at the same time I'd be rooting for them. I DO NOT want to see Man of Steel canon in their DC Theatrical Universe.