Battleborn Post-Launch DLC Plans Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Battleborn Post-Launch DLC Plans Revealed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1298/1298221.jpg
All of Battleborn's post-launch heroes will be free.

Battleborn is Gearbox's take on the increasingly crowded MOBA market, opting to take things into first-person rather than the third-person or top-down antics of competitors Smite and League of Legends. Just like those games, however, it does have a fairly expansive roster of heroes. The good news is that Gearbox has detailed its post-launch DLC plans, and the current plan is for all heroes to be released free, with paid DLC consisting of cosmetics and additional singleplayer content.

Here's a brief summary:

Five new playable heroes will release sometime after launch - completely free - for all platforms, bringing the total roster to 30.
Additional competitive multiplayer modes, maps, balance updates, and community features will also be released in free updates.
Five new add-on packs will release sometime after launch. Each pack will cost $4.99 and include a PvE Story Operation, exclusive skins and taunts.
All five packs can be purchased as part of a Season Pass for $19.99, saving players $5 if they plan to buy all five packs individually.
A Digital Deluxe Edition of Battleborn will be available for $74.99 and includes the game plus the Season Pass and additional cosmetic customizations.

[gallery=5997]

The first of the post-launch heroes to be released will be "Alani", a member of the Eldrid faction who was raised as a healer, but forced to be a warrior.

Battleborn launches on PS4, Xbox One and PC on May 3, 2016.

Source: Gearbox [https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-the-vision-for-battleborn-post-launch-content/]

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
That's not too bad actually. While I'm leaning more towards Overwatch, that Battleborn has a campaign mode is a definate pro in its favor.

So, Doom, Overwatch, and Battleborn are releasing in the same month. Guess me might have "PvP" of another kind... ;)

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Toby & Benedict might be enough for me to consider buying Battleborn.
But that's only because plenty of games don't grab my interest like they use to.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
As a personal rule, I hate any game that announces it's DLC prior to the game's release.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
So has this actually been in beta or something already? Are there people here who played it? If so, do tell what you thought of it.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Cowabungaa said:
So has this actually been in beta or something already? Are there people here who played it? If so, do tell what you thought of it.
beta is coming early april. However I did play a closed technical test of the game, can't talk about it for contract reasons but it did make me hyped for its release.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Hawki said:
That's not too bad actually. While I'm leaning more towards Overwatch, that Battleborn has a campaign mode is a definate pro in its favor.

So, Doom, Overwatch, and Battleborn are releasing in the same month. Guess me might have "PvP" of another kind... ;)
Same well I'm not interested with Doom.

It depends on which games will have more player/ fanbase that I may consider a purchase after release (well after May since Overwatch is out at the end of that month).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Poetic Nova said:
Cowabungaa said:
beta is coming early april. However I did play a closed technical test of the game, can't talk about it for contract reasons but it did make me hyped for its release.
Early April? That's late. Overwatch has been drumming up excitement for almost half a year now. Considering they're aiming for relatively the same niche they'd better step up their hype game. I had already forgotten about Battleborn, and I was interested back when it was announced.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
got to play a little at pax and it got me to preorder it last year so yeah its good

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
ravenshrike said:
Cowabungaa said:
Poetic Nova said:
Cowabungaa said:
Early April? That's late. Overwatch has been drumming up excitement for almost half a year now. Considering they're aiming for relatively the same niche they'd better step up their hype game. I had already forgotten about Battleborn, and I was interested back when it was announced.
The lifeless soul-sucking corpse stealer calling itself Overwatch has been attempting to draw up excitement for half a year. Whereas Gearbox one day went, "Y'know what, it would be hilarious if we made a game several billion years into the future of the Borderlands universe" and ran with it.
That's, um.... impassioned.

Care to expand? Because personally I think Overwatch looks more interesting.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
ravenshrike said:
The lifeless soul-sucking corpse stealer calling itself Overwatch
Heh, don't you mean the varelsi? ;)