Battlefield 3 won't be available on Steam.

DeathByCoconut

Jul 14, 2010
Maybe this is from someone who is not a PC gamer but...is it really that much of a problem installing another program simply to play a game? People complaining about not buying the game altogether just confuses me beyond belief. And like someone else said, there's always an option on Steam to add non-Steam games to your library.

What's the fuss?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
You mean you're upset that you can't have your In game DLC salesman like in Dragon Age: Origins?

You know, the one that pissed off more people than it pleased?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
DeathByCoconut said:
Maybe this is from someone who is not a PC gamer but...is it really that much of a problem installing another program simply to play a game? People complaining about not buying the game altogether just confuses me beyond belief. And like someone else said, there's always an option on Steam to add non-Steam games to your library.

What's the fuss?
Games for Windows Live. Ever heard of it? That was Microsoft's "answer" to Steam.

It sucked. Big time. Not only that, but some Steam Games still required both programs to be run at the same time.

Origin wants to set itself up as the next Steam, and EA is playing the bullied underdog to try and garner sympathy because the big bad Steam won't let them sell DLC ingame.

As a console gamer, do you ever have to run more than one service to play a game? No, you just pop the disc in and play. A lot of PC gamers already have Steam, and they don't want to download another service just to play one or two games from EA. Especially considering that a bunch of EA games are still being provided on Steam.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
MisterShine said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
On the flipside, Mass Effect 2 has you buying its DLC using "Bioware points" through their store and yet it remains on Steam, so that already is one major leaking hole in EA's story.
True, however EA did mention that this clause in the contract was a new thing, so it may only apply to games released after a certain date, such as Crysis 2, DA2 and Dead Space 2. I can't actually think of other games released this year that DON'T sell their DLC through Steam, other than EA games.
Problem is however that a few weeks ago, or about a month ago Dragon Age 2 disappeared from the Steam store, so, heh, inconsistencies throughout.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
I can't take this with a straight face, mainly because I bought sims 3.

Which at the time I thought WAS A FULL GAME. I had more options in Sims 1 for the Xbox then I have on Sims 3, even after I tried my best to use the 1000 sims points and shear number of items.