Battlefield 4 Leaked DLC Screenshots Show Riot Shield, New Weapons

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Battlefield 4 Leaked DLC Screenshots Show Riot Shield, New Weapons

A video also shows off all the new Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth weapons in action.

While work was MidnightR [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130245-EA-Halts-Work-on-Battlefield-4-DLC] has gotten his hands on some leaked screenshots of the upcoming DLC, which shows off some new weapons, including a riot shield and some kind of crazy remote controlled tank.

Furthermore, YouTuber Danny on PC [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcNziT0mfn8] has managed to put together some footage of all the new toys in action.

Check out the video to the right and the gallery of screenshots below:

[gallery=2470]

Most of the weapons are pretty stock standard, with some fan favorites being added (the Desert Eagle), a nice utility option (the riot shield) and of course that weird remote control tank thing which looks super overpowered.

Some more info that the screenshots have revealed is that the game's level cap will be raised from 120 to 130, and that the names of the four new maps will be Marketplace, Propaganda, Urban Garden and Waterfront. Going by the names of the maps and the weapons, it feels like Dragon's Teeth will have a close-quarters theme to it.

The DLC is set to release in Summer, 2014.

Source: YouTube [http://imgur.com/a/4mYhj]

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I swear to god EA just flat out told dice to copy cod, I mean I joked about it with people about how battlefield 4 was cod only worse because just by making the guns like cod but not the maps it ruins the flow of the game since people would rely less on tactics and more on just running and gunning like cod but now it's like their not even trying.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Gun Nerd Mode: On!

- Mateba Autorevolver.
- A sort of AR-15 style 9mm/.45 ACP PDW.
- A bullpup M14.
- Unknown sniper rifle.
- A Metal Storm (?) remote controlled land drone.

Oh god who am I kidding I know shit-all about these guns.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
so, we get new weapons but no real fix of the game. amazing.
good thing i have deleted it. just a shame to my self i have wasted my money on it.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
That armed EOD bot looks overpowered as hell. I was under the impression that it was going to have a machine gun OR grenade launchers, not both. That had better use the Bad Company 2 method of having a single station of which you can control it, otherwise we're going to have an army of engineers sitting at the back with an ammo box.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Hey Dice, hows that official bug tracker list going that you made exactly 6 months ago...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670203355766/

Join queue disabled on consoles
Platform(s): All consoles

Desynchronized game world where objects have different states for different players
Platform(s): All

Bug accounting for a large amount of crashes on X360
Platform(s): X360

Some instances of no hit effects and no damage to opponent in your sights

Damage received is sometimes delayed by a few frames

Sudden frame rate drops during certain in-game events
That's a well-functioning AAA quality game ready for more monetisation with DLC packs!

I'm sure it's just the gamers being objectively wrong because the launch was 'good' and the franchise 'isn't damaged'.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Hmm can anyone hint a guess at which kit/class will get that Bullpup M14...Assault Rifle or Carbine? I sure as hell hope it's not an AR. Way too many awesome guns in that kit already.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Hero in a half shell said:
Hey Dice, hows that official bug tracker list going that you made exactly 6 months ago....
On behalf of DICE, I'd like to say:

I'm at a loss for what's going on. The "objectively wrong" thing, while insulting, was expected. Bullshit spin/damage control. But then they turn around and pull that "beta for owners of the 'premium' version of the game" stuff. We know it wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts, either. My first instinct is that they came up with the "beta for premium players" stuff in order to justify continuing with the release of DLC: "See? We're working on the issues. Just look at that beta that we set up (months AFTER the retail release). Since we're clearly working on the bugs, no need to bust our chops for releasing that DLC we've likely been sitting on since before launch."

But wow! The game's still a mess and yet, here we are. "We already made the dlc. Just find a way to justify throwing it out there. People will buy it due to the logical fallacy of thinking that since they already paid for the game, what's a few more dollars for DLC. Let's recoup as much as we can before we get DICE to shit over Star Wars."