Battlefield 4 Premium Details Emerge

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Balimaar said:
octafish said:
Fan favorite BF3 maps? All the vanilla maps are hopeless. The most popular map is a broken stat padding clusterfuck. Also I see they are including another COD map pack.
I think I'll hold off on this for a bit for more details despite having pre ordered.
heh Operation Cluster#@$! I agree that map is ridiculous. Far too much advantage given to the team who can cap their flag nearest to base and B.

But really what is wrong with Caspian Border? What is wrong with Operation Firestorm? What is wrong with Damavanad (spelling fail) Peak?

Also sometimes people want to play without vehicles. What is so wrong with making some maps that specifically cater to that?

Darkness665 said:
They want you to buy a $60 + $50 of content without seeing the game. $110 for a FPS, broshooterdude game that will probably be ... mostly brown. And rely on their servers while not reading the fine print that says they are not required to actually deliver any DLC at all if anything bad happens while keeping the money. Not to mention that the game will ship with bugs, none of which will be fixed until the next DLC is dropped because they want to save $40K. Ooh, so expensive to their huge corporate wallets.

Nope.
Except we dont have to rely on their servers at all we can play quite happily on community run servers.

Also DICE have proven reliable with their DLC promises. While they do tend to wait a long time to release patches, expecting a game to release with zero bugs is funny.
I'm on my phone and can't reliably edit quotes to keep the posts pithy.
My problem with the vanilla maps is their lack of tactical depth. Most vehicles spawn at base so there is no tactical advantage to any particular flag. Compare that to something like Karkand where the battle for F and G is key, or any of the maps with the gunship. Infantry only maps are ok but I play BF for the open spaces with close quarter areas not for the close quarters alone. The vanilla maps would all benefit from having something to fight for. The best Caspian has to offer is high ground.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
I admit, I blew $110 on BF3. It was... Not worth it completely, but I did love the game, and I got a ton of hours out of it. Still go back sometimes to play here and there, but not I didn't like all of those expansions. Really didn't like the Karkland release too much, but my favourite, Armored Kill, had amazing maps, weapons, and additions.

All that being said, I'm not getting BF4. Definitely not on release. I know for a fact that they're going to release a "Premium Edition" like they did with Battlefield 3, and that's a $50 save right there, even more if it goes on sale. Plus I can judge the game after a year and see how it goes.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Desert Punk said:
The smart money would say to release something like 2143
Don't tease me with shit like that :( The idea of playing 2142 on the new frostbite engine fills me with so much joy, then despair that I can't play it.