Battlefield 4's Xbox 360 Install Is Big, But DICE Recommends Even More

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Battlefield 4's Xbox 360 Install Is Big, But DICE Recommends Even More

It doesn't matter whether it's single or multiplayer, you should reserve a lot of space on your drive.

The first time you start Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 version, regardless which of its two discs you use, you'll need to install 2 GB of game content. Not impossible, but then, DICE suggests, you should go further. The Multiplayer disc has 6.6 GB of additional content, and the Single Player disc has 5.8 GB installation content. DICE "highly recommends" you put all these on your drive for best performance, which means Battlefield 4 will be taking up about 14 GB, more or less, before you shoot even one Tango.

It's not that bad, when you remember Battlefield 2 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_3] was much more modest, at 2 GB recommended for best performance plus another 10 GB hard drive space, but then it dates to the halcyon days of 2005, when the world was young, and so were you.

Battlefield 4 is due October 29th for PC and current generation consoles, slightly later for the next generation crowd.

Source: EA [https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide?utm_campaign=bf-display-us-socom-tw-social-us-socom-tw-hddreqs-151013&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=display&sourceid=bf-display-us-socom-tw-social-us-socom-tw-hddreqs-151013]

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"but then it dates to the halcyon days of 2005, when the world was young, and so were you."
Haha, good one!

Shame about those GB's tho... My original 360 HDD hasn't grown a single byte larger since I got it's 20 GB goodness on launch day!!!

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Kenjitsuka said:
"but then it dates to the halcyon days of 2005, when the world was young, and so were you."
Haha, good one!

Shame about those GB's tho... My original 360 HDD hasn't grown a single byte larger since I got it's 20 GB goodness on launch day!!!
Wait wait wait, is it the detachable HDD itself that you've kept, or are you the only person in existence who's launch Xbox 360 hasn't crapped itself?

OT: Is this really that surprising? I mean it's good that it was reported so that people know what to expect, but with Next gen consoles (the Xbone atleast) requiring mandatory installs on every game, it's more-or-less to be expected.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
BF2, back when hardcore mode was the only mode, everyone had all the upgrades and a jet could take out your entire armoured column in one pass, I miss those days. Oh wait, no I don't, It's still installed and I'm gonna play it this evening!

Although iron bombs seem to have made a return for BF4, which could lead to hilarious amounts of rage.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
And yet Microsoft refuses to allow larger than a 320GB "proprietary" hard drive on its console and is only launching with a 500GB one on the One. It just seems absurd to me that the console manufacturer is costing sales for its partners (the devs) by not letting us have reasonably priced, larger storage.

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Kenjitsuka said:
Haha, good one!

Wait wait wait, is it the detachable HDD itself that you've kept, or are you the only person in existence who's launch Xbox 360 hasn't crapped itself?

OT: Is this really that surprising? I mean it's good that it was reported so that people know what to expect, but with Next gen consoles (the Xbone atleast) requiring mandatory installs on every game, it's more-or-less to be expected.
I have friends who still have a working original 360 and mine was also still working fine when I sold it sometime last year or so. Also a lot of people just purchased a arcade version when theirs broke as it was cheaper because it didnt come with an HDD.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Ive been running on my 20GB hard drive since the start, and now every game thinks they deserve all this special space on there...Halo 4, GTA V, and Battlefield 3...now 4 wants to do the same? Ive already reserved myself to not getting it due to not liking 3, and one big reason was the memory hogging. Cant stand this crap.

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Kenjitsuka said:
Haha, good one!

I still have my original Xbox 360 with its outstanding 20GB HDD. It still sounds like a jet and heats like a star. But Because of these newer games are demanding installing, I have completely abadoned it.
I get my gaming fix from the PC and 3DS:p