Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Coming in November

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Coming in November

DICE has announced that an exclusive PlayStation 3 multiplayer beta test for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 [http://badcompany2.ea.com/] will begin in November.

The multiplayer beta will feature the "Rush" game mode and include one map, Arica Harbor, letting up to 24 players take part in an American attack on a Russian army base. The map features a mix of both vehicle and infantry combat, as the initial armored assault on the forward base grinds down into the inevitable infantry battle as the level progresses.

For gamers who don't happen to own a PlayStation 3, an open beta of the PC version will begin in December; a worldwide open beta for the PS3, PC and Xbox 360 will follow "early next year."

Keys for the upcoming PlayStation 3 beta will be given to North American gamers who preorder the game at either Gamestop [http://www.bestbuy.com], while beta partners for Europe and Asia are expected to be announced next week. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is currently scheduled for release on March 2, 2010.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Sweet, looks like a good game if the first one was anything to go by. I love blowing up stuff, it appeals more to our base instincts.

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
It looks more like 'Not BF3 but not BF2/2142 and a half either' certainly looks nothing like Bad Company either.

Can't wait, should tide me/us over till BF3. Dice have been good to us.

Jan 3, 2009
Im in. Too bad I really want to get it on the xbox instead of the ps3. But I dont want to wait. But I will be addicted to MW2 for a while. SO MANY DECISIONS!

Dannie

Oct 4, 2009
Oh yeah! Totally awesome! I'm looking forward to the pc beta in the future. :)

Apr 28, 2008
One question, if we pre-order for the 360, will we still get into the beta for the PS3?

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
Can't wait for the PC beta.. I'll be getting my new computer in December too so that'll be pretty awesome.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm really looking forward to that 360 beta. I'm very excited for it. In fact I just bought Bad Company so I could get caught up on the story so I would understand the sequel.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
okay, no dought im pre-ordering this game now. Now Excuse me, im off to spend annother $70. (shipping included, i want my game on the street date without having to leave my seat. thats what im doing with MW2)

-616-

Apr 18, 2008
I wish my PC wasn't so shitty - then I could use it for the beta rather than PS3.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
What exactly is the "Rush" game mode? Do you attack the opposite team's base and try to destroy it or something?

Discon

Sep 14, 2009
I don't own a PS3, I own an xbox and a PC, but still, I'm happy that those PS3 owners are finally getting something :D