Battlefield: Hardline Will Launch Next March

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Battlefield: Hardline Will Launch Next March

Battlefield: Hardline was initially scheduled to come out this month, but has been pushed back to next March.

If you're looking to satisfy your Battlefield itch and Star Wars: Battlefront's Holiday, 2015 release date [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138273-Star-Wars-Battlefront-Launching-in-Holiday-2015] is too long for you to wait, DICE has just announced that its upcoming cops 'n robbers Battlefield 4 spin-off: Battlefield: Hardline is coming out next March.

"Hit the streets of Battlefield: Hardline March 17, 2015 on PlayStation4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC," posted DICE on its delay the game to add "more innovation" [http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/10/battlefield-hardline-release-date-march-17-2015/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-tw-bfh-date-announce-141028-tw-img-site-sust&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-tw-bfh-date-announce-141028-tw-img-site-sust&cid=30582&ts=1414561705887].

Many speculated the delay was at least partly due to the backlash surrounding Battlefield 4's sloppy launch, which even EA admitted recently was "unacceptable". [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135572-EA-CEO-Battlefield-4-Launch-Was-Unacceptable]

"In a crime drama filled single player story, Miami is embroiled in a drug war and officer Nick Mendoza has just made detective. Alongside his partner, veteran detective Khai Minh Dao, he follows the drug supply chain from the streets to the source. In a series of increasingly off-the-books cases the two detectives come to realize that power and corruption can affect both sides of the law," writes DICE of the game.

You can pre-order the game [http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/buy?intcmp=HARDLINE_GLOBAL_all_pages_Main_Navigation_top-right_Pre-Order-Now] right now from various outlets, including Origin for the PC version. Personally, I think I'm gonna wait for the reviews on this one. Fool me once, EA...

Source: Battlefield Blog [http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/10/battlefield-hardline-release-date-march-17-2015/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-tw-bfh-date-announce-141028-tw-img-site-sust&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-tw-bfh-date-announce-141028-tw-img-site-sust&cid=30582&ts=1414561705887]

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
So this year EA doesnt have a Call of Duty response game and it is because of the quality of the game.

Lets see if its something they get used to.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
More innovation? Steady on there fella's you don't want a dungeon keeper mobile situation where it was "too innovative" for us mere mortals.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
When the quality of a game doesn't even meet EA's "standards" that's not a good sign...

RC1138

Dec 9, 2009
Overkill really needs to find a lawyer and/or crowdfund a way to sue the pants off of EA for this.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
But now for the biggest question.

Will it work on day one?

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
I'm actually really curious to see how this thing turns out.

If they treat it with the same sort of "woo-hoo explosions, guns and war are great!" sort of mindset that the Battlefield (and most MMS games, to be fair) comes from, I can't help but feel like this game has the potential to be just a bit awkward. Militarized police force, waging a violent, urban war against crime in America's streets, and such.

I dunno. Just seems like this is the sort of thing you have to handle really carefully to keep it from being tone-deaf and awkward next to current real-world events and concerns.

Now, from the perspective of it as just a videogame, they're really going to need to up things in the gameplay department. Cops, as crazy as their arsenal is in the US, just don't have the sort of variety that a military does. Unless EA goes nuts and actually gives them full-on tanks and drones and stuff, it just seems like it's going to be tough to make the cops and robbers angle as interesting as military vs military.

Mromson

Jun 24, 2007
Wouldn't buy it anyways, so "meh" - EA made Battlefield go from "one of my favorite series" to "no way in hell are you getting my money"

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
josemlopes said:
So this year EA doesnt have a Call of Duty response game and it is because of the quality of the game.
Let's not give EA that much credit, it's because of the quality of the previous game, poor sales and player retenetion/DLC sales of the previous game and the massive and overtly hostile response to the announcement of this game, followed by extremely poor pre-order sales.

If people were lining up to buy it Hardline would be out in a week or so's time whether it was finished or not, just like Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Battlefield 3/4 were.

I'm foreseeing plenty of Fox News controversy when this comes out too, since Battlefield: Summary Police Execution (or as a few photoshops have made it Battlefield: Ferguson) is just too good to pass up.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Sassafrass said:
But now for the biggest question.

Will it work on day one?
I thought the biggest question was not "will it work" but "when will it work"?
Well that and whether it will blend or not, and I'm sure we know the answer to the latter question. :3

OT: I'm interested to see how this goes, since normally EA would have shoved this out the door to compete with Advanced Warfare like how they pushed Battlefield 4 out the door to compete with Ghosts.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
rcs619 said:
I'm actually really curious to see how this thing turns out.

If they treat it with the same sort of "woo-hoo explosions, guns and war are great!" sort of mindset that the Battlefield (and most MMS games, to be fair) comes from, I can't help but feel like this game has the potential to be just a bit awkward. Militarized police force, waging a violent, urban war against crime in America's streets, and such.

I dunno. Just seems like this is the sort of thing you have to handle really carefully to keep it from being tone-deaf and awkward next to current real-world events and concerns.
These are all my thoughts as well. It is such a hot button issue that they can quickly become tasteless if handled hamfistedly and irresponsible if they make no attempt to subvert what is a very real problem. If they can actually manage (unlikely) a decent story and address the dangers of a military police force then they have the very small chance to win me over and show they have a few braincells.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Mendoza? Sounds like a McBain movie.

MENDOOOOZZZAAAAAA!

Unless EA really step up to the mark Battlefield Hardline is gonna tank hard. I wonder what their excuse will be this time if it fails?

SilverLion

May 11, 2013
"In a crime drama filled single player story, Miami is embroiled in a drug war and officer Nick Mendoza has just made detective. Alongside his partner, veteran detective Khai Minh Dao-
Stop right there. I know what's going to happen. It turns out that Khai Minh Dao is an informant all along, and he's been siding with the bad guys because we can't have an EA CoD rip-off spunkgargleweewee without the racism and stereotyping of all foreigner's as villains out to destroy our 'MURICA!!!...
Sorry about that, but I seriously think that's going to be the case, due to the way spunkgargelweewee works.
Either that or the Asian cop will heroicallly sacrifice his life to give the hero something to fight for, because, you know, doing your job isn't enough motivation for this police officer to do his JOB!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
My friends, tonight we unveil my most diabolical creation: Swank. Ten times more addictive than marijuana.

I am too old for this shit. (Plus I already have BF4 and Payday).