Battlefield V teaser, full reveal in May 23.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-teaser-hints-at-return-to-world-war-2/

Interesting teaser though. Just a guy with Eye Goggles that a Tank Commander would wear shushing you.

Lets see how Battlefield will compare to Call of Duty's recent reveal and controveries.

And especially EA-DICE post Battlefront 2.

And I hope its WW2 and I don't care if its overdone.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
That gives me a Far cry 5 feel. Also of course they're going back to WW2, its trendy now. Probably will have a battle royale mode.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
But it is overdone.

Or at least, the fronts we've seen over and over are overdone.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Really looking forward to this, there was a time WW2 shooters were overdone but we barely see any proper WW2 games these days at all.

Nov 9, 2015
Another BF4 reskin? Very low hopes.

At this point you can tell DICE has no idea what it is doing anymore, and the fact that they admitted they had no idea what made BF:BC2 good is telling on how well they can design a good Battlefield game.

Battlefield now is BC2 gameplay ported into BF2's maps, and it doesn't work. Now they brought back some PC era features, and there are pretty water effects and exploding blimps, but it's all E3 gimmicks. It's almost as if DICE designs games on what makes good trailer material.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
But it is overdone.

Or at least, the fronts we've seen over and over are overdone.
Thankyou.

WW2 was indeed overdone, but only the same 2% of the war that got shown over and over and over again.

And for all its flaws, at least BF1 brought previously unseen parts of WW1 to the table. It's possible BFV will do the same for WW2.... but if the gameplay is like 1 then I'll probably skip it anyway

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I don said:
Another BF4 reskin? Very low hopes.
If it was a reskin I and most Battlefield fans would actually be quite happy. BF1 changed up so much of the gameplay, and a lot of it was for the worse.

OT: Yeah I was kinda disappointed that it seems to be WWII. But as other people have said, if they explore the theaters of war that we haven't seen since the PS2 era, then I wouldn't mind too much. I just really hope that DICE gets its head out of its ass and realizes that not all of the additions to BF1 were a good idea.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Silentpony said:
That gives me a Far cry 5 feel. Also of course they're going back to WW2, its trendy now. Probably will have a battle royale mode.
One thing i think would be interesting in a WW2 setting would be a twist on the battle royale, where one team paradrops in while the other starts on the ground.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Going to be another battlefield rehash. with terrible campaign that DICE always make and now going to add battle royale because its a trend today.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
American Tanker said:
Samtemdo8 said:
What did Bad Company 2 had that later Battlefields did not?!
A proper campaign with actual characters that you could get invested in.
Dude I played the campaign of Bad Company 2, I don't remember anything about the charcaters and the campaign was just as linear and corridor shooty as call of duty.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
American Tanker said:
Samtemdo8 said:
What did Bad Company 2 had that later Battlefields did not?!
Bad company 2 campaign is as bad as anyother DICE campaign. same linear scripted shooting gallery.

ebalosus

Mar 14, 2011
American Tanker said:
Not Bad Company 3, not interested.
TFW BF:BC2 was the last great Battlefield game. Don't get me wrong, I likes BF3, 4, and 1 well enough, but they felt like they were living in the shadow of BC2.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
ebalosus said:
American Tanker said:
Not Bad Company 3, not interested.
TFW BF:BC2 was the last great Battlefield game. Don't get me wrong, I likes BF3, 4, and 1 well enough, but they felt like they were living in the shadow of BC2.
Bad Company 2 does not have Jets and Planes.

And no Battlefield 2 is the best game in the series:

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
American Tanker said:
You're both wrong. Bad Company 2's campaign was super-dull linear cookie cutter corridor shooter garbage with one dimensional characters. Bad Company One, on the other hand, was a brilliant, open world sandbox campaign with likeable, fully fleshed out characters and a story with no shortage of satire.

And no, BF2 (aka medium-size-skirmish simulator) was not the best Battlefield game. That remains to this day as Battlefield 1942.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Squilookle said:
Samtemdo8 said:
American Tanker said:
You're both wrong. Bad Company 2's campaign was super-dull linear cookie cutter corridor shooter garbage with one dimensional characters. Bad Company One, on the other hand, was a brilliant, open world sandbox campaign with likeable, fully fleshed out characters and a story with no shortage of satire.

And no, BF2 (aka medium-size-skirmish simulator) was not the best Battlefield game. That remains to this day as Battlefield 1942.

If only Battlefield 1942 had better gun models, sounds, and animations and true Iron Sights. And sprinting. And more gun variety.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Squilookle said:
Samtemdo8 said:
American Tanker said:

If only Battlefield 1942 had better gun models
Gun models were fine.

Sounds were fine.

animations
Just add ragdolls and it's fine.

and true Iron Sights
GOD no.

And sprinting.
Nah.

And more gun variety.
Doesn't need it, but we can take or leave it.