Battleship Clone Demonstrates Gaming On Google Glass

DeaDRabbiT

Sep 25, 2010
PoolCleaningRobot said:
I will never understand the appeal of Google Glass. I already have a mini computer (phone) in my pocket all the time so I don't need on mounted on my face while I'm grocery shopping. And who wants to walk around spouting random voice commands? It'd be faster to press buttons on touch screen
The tech will be worthwhile the moment you can telepathically interface with the device, and not a moment before.

Marak Daga

Feb 1, 2012
Meh i seem to be on the opposite side from everyone on this. I think its cool, the distractions as much as you let it be (like using your phone just a better chance to notice that big arse wall your about to walk into).

I dont really get the whole worry about them.

ciasteczkowyp

May 3, 2011
so you expect people to not forget stuff they're supposed to buy in the supermarket or don't hit anyone on the road while driving and having google glass on ? This will test 'Murican multitasking and I can guess the outcome :>

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
looks shitty to be honest. i expected something closer to what HUDs look in shooters instead of just a shitty windows in the corner. but i guess thats just a proof of concept so far.

PoolCleaningRobot said:
I will never understand the appeal of Google Glass.
camera in your eye.
this alone makes it sold to me.

Caiphus said:
I'm waaaay too shy to walk around a supermarket yelling "THREE, FOUR". In fact, I think most people are.

Also, how difficult would it be to set a game up? I couldn't tell how they were navigating the menus at the start.

I just don't like the look of this at all.
ia gree that navigation was wierd. but as for shyness, well there are A LOT of people who use those shitty phone call headphones where you put a pheadphone in and got a microphone hanging off it isntead of having to put phone to your head. the result is you may see 3 of those people trying to out-shout the noise in the bus talking to their friends/partners. it feels extremely odd whenj you see a person walking and talking without a reply :D

PoolCleaningRobot said:
your Humanity Front [http://images.wikia.com/deusex/en/images/3/39/Humanityfrontlogo.png] is just really bacwards [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124268-Microsoft-Exec-If-Youre-Backwards-Compatible-Youre-Really-Backwards]

PoolCleaningRobot said:
But these are things you can do with a normal smart phone, I don't get why people would want to wear their smart phone on them. It just seems cumbersome. Plus, you that annoying feeling when you're talking to someone wearing a bluetooth headset as though they can't be bothered to give you their full attention? It'll be like that times 10 for people wearing Google Glass.
can you make your smartphone fly in front of you while being transparent while your both hands are busy carrying stuff? no? then maybe you shoudl stop comparing the two?

ciasteczkowyp said:
so you expect people to not forget stuff they're supposed to buy in the supermarket or don't hit anyone on the road while driving and having google glass on ? This will test 'Murican multitasking and I can guess the outcome :>
go shopping, have a shopping list printed in front of your eyes. whats not to like?

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
kailus13 said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
Now we soon have to worry about people driving with this thing on. I know people thinks thats a retarded thing to say. But people use there mobile phones while driving so there are plenty of idiots out there.

Also not sure who would buy thing. They said you can check your FB account......but wouldnt it be easier to use your smart phone? I dont know, maybe im wrong.
If people don't recognize them then you could taker their picture without their knowledge. So it might be popular with stalkers at least.
That´s actually really clever, if someone is wearing Google Glass, we know what he´s up to!

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Strazdas said:
PoolCleaningRobot said:
But these are things you can do with a normal smart phone, I don't get why people would want to wear their smart phone on them. It just seems cumbersome. Plus, you that annoying feeling when you're talking to someone wearing a bluetooth headset as though they can't be bothered to give you their full attention? It'll be like that times 10 for people wearing Google Glass.
can you make your smartphone fly in front of you while being transparent while your both hands are busy carrying stuff? no? then maybe you shoudl stop comparing the two?
Why should I stop comparing the 2 when you made the same comparison as me? Its a smart phone mounted to your face. And I'm not repeating my argument argument that just because your hands are free doesn't mean you can do more
ciasteczkowyp said:
go shopping, have a shopping list printed in front of your eyes. whats not to like?
Reminds me of this