Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
TheKasp said:
*pulls out a little poison*

If you want to play it so bad, why don't get the console?

Damn does this feel good.
some people don't want to buy a whole console just for one game since they rather not have it just sit there collecting dust

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Sounds fine to me as I have not played Bayonetta. My only worry for the WiiU is about how future proof it is. I mean, if the spec rumors are true, then what we will be getting will be better in some aspects, but the gpu won't be particularly good, and the cpu will be really only a slight step up from the wii. Hopefully that's wrong though. And I am also glad that you can just buy an external hard drive and use that for storage IIRC. That is definitely better than forcing us to buy some shitty specialized overpriced hard drive space.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
TheKasp said:
Tony2077 said:
some people don't want to buy a whole console just for one game since they rather not have it just sit there collecting dust
How about you tell that all those console-tards that keep yelling that in my face whenever I write that I'd like to see some console exclusives on other platforms, eh?
tell them what you post doesn't really make sense to me

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Vault101 said:
D Moness said:
The loud part of the gamers are always twats. Reading things like that people are surprised they are being called entitled little idiots.
but not being happy with this is kind of understandable, people toss around "entitled" too much
As long as the loud group is yelling rather that bayonetta is a dead franchise then being released on the WiiU. I can call those people entitled twats.

People who have the opinion if i can not play them nobody should(and yes that has been posted on this forum)are the lowest form of humanity that crawls around this earth.

Yes it is one of the first times a multiplatform game went on being exclusive. Most of the time it goes from exclusive to multiplatform or just hops being exclusive on different platforms.

Reading the terraria topic first and then this i find it very ironic.

Face it , microsoft and sony didn't think bayonetta 2 was worth funding, nintendo does so now it is a nintendo exclusive, deal with it.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
dear BUDDHA the amount of ignorance, entitlement, and just plain mean-spirited behavior at this really shows why I can't take "gamers" seriously. Nintendo pretty much saved the series so I doubt it'll be moving from the Wii U anytime soon, especially since Sega is kind of in financial trouble right now.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
TheKasp said:
Tony2077 said:
tell them what you post doesn't really make sense to me
I see it just as sweet, sweet irony that whenever someone suggests to bring a certain exclsuive to other platforms all they get is a shitstorm consisting of people telling them that if they want that particular game that bad they should just buy the console. Got a decent amount of such comments myself. So I don't see any reason to do something else here but suggest to y'all:

Buy the console if you want it so bad.
some people just don't see that kind of investment worth it no matter how much they may like the first game. its rather insulting to see suggestion like that

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
TheKasp said:
Tony2077 said:
some people just don't see that kind of investment worth it no matter how much they may like the first game. its rather insulting to see suggestion like that
But I'm far beyond the point of having any sympathy. If I have to hear that BS over and over and over again without anyone pointing out how 'insulting' then why should I join the fray of self-entitled console-tards?
insulting console users like that doesn't help your case any so either stop or leave your choice

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Great..... Now I have to get a Wii U (eventually and after they have brought out the Wii U magic, or some other slightly different bullshit Wii U).

This does not surprise me though. I am often surprised that any Japanese stuff comes out on Xbox. Because Nintedo and Sony are both in Japan. I would also need to buy it for the next Zelda game and just in case resident evil goes wii exclusive.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Nice job for Nintendo. Their lineup thus far can justifiably be criticized, but they finally got themselves some third party support and another quality title. Sure, this means I won't be playing the game for a while if ever, as I'm not in the market for a new console and we don't know what Sony/Microsoft are doing next, but nonetheless, I have no problem with any part of the exclusivity deal.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
D Moness said:
Face it , microsoft and sony didn't think bayonetta 2 was worth funding, nintendo does so now it is a nintendo exclusive, deal with it.
yes. this is much better than the series dying

I mean were I a fan I would be annoyed...worst case scenario would be to wait a really long time for Wii U to become cheaper...but even then thats hardly apealing

on an unrelated note I wonder if they would censor it at all...

but its eather this or the franchise be buried...I supose in a way its frustrating because "its there" but they can't play it

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Vault101 said:
D Moness said:
yes. this is much better than the series dying

I mean were I a fan I would be annoyed...worst case scenario would be to wait a really long time for Wii U to become cheaper...but even then thats hardly apealing

on an unrelated note I wonder if they would censor it at all...

but its eather this or the franchise be buried...I supose in a way its frustrating because "its there" but they can't play it
its annoying because the selling point so far for the wii u are games i already own despite the additions aren't worth it or are games i wouldn't play no matter how good they are just because they aren't the games I'm interested in

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
It's interesting that Nintendo is the publisher this time around. I know Sega dropped it because it didn't meet their sales, but a LOT of games didn't make sales for them, not just Bayonetta. Nintendo has had rights to certain games in the past (to my knowledge you cannot play Resident Evil Zero on any other console but a Nintendo one) and they don't like to let go. I remember when Resident Evil was exclusive to Nintendo for a spell... no one seemed to care much back then. Although Resident Evil 4 would go Multiplatform eventually.

I doubt we'll see this one any other console, but that's the fault of Sony and Microsoft. Platinum Games was having trouble getting the game published forever, so I'm glad Nintendo is picking it up. They are simply doing the exact same thing that Sony or Microsoft would have done.

Also, people mention violent games being on a 'family console'... did you not see some of the stuff that was on the GC/Wii? Clearly anyone shocked by that never played No More Heroes or Mad World.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Vault101 said:
I supose in a way its frustrating because "its there" but they can't play it
I had it with another game before. The game Tales of graces wasn't released in europe on the Wii. The ps3 remake of tales of graces did get a european release. I do not own a ps3 nor intent to buy one. So i never got the opportunity to plat that game.

It was slightly annoying and a bit bummed out about it but i didn't go on forum saying the ps3 version shouldn't exist just because I can not play it.

I know i can sometimes be a bit harsh with my words sometimes. I just wish people could be happy for others sometimes.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
I am honestly really suprised by some of the awnsers of this thread that seems to be stuff like "lol nice one Nintendo". Thats evil. All games should be multiplatform IMO, exclusives of any kind can go to hell. Of course thats not what the companies do belive because its good for THEM, but for us, the gaming community, saying "LOL nice move nintendo" its essensiality a way of saying "AHAHAHAHAHA we got this game but you dont get it on your fail console ROFL".

Especially for a game thats been first multiplatform EXCEPT for Nintendo Wii. This is really intriging.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
erttheking said:
Not sure why they would do this when the original wasn't even on the Wii.
Not sure why Perfect Dark Zero would be made when the original wasn't even on the 360....

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Soviet Heavy said:
erttheking said:
Not sure why they would do this when the original wasn't even on the Wii.
Not sure why Perfect Dark Zero would be made when the original wasn't even on the 360....
"Does a google search" huh, look at that. I guess the video game industry just makes no sense.