Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I really hope we get more announcements like this! I've been wanting the third party support to give me a reason to buy the WiiU. I guess it was only a matter of time before something like this came up anyway, seeing as it's the most powerful console.
Viva the WiiU!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
What a bummer, I hope someone winds up picking it up later down the road and it drops on other systems.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Launcelot111 said:
Nice job for Nintendo. Their lineup thus far can justifiably be criticized, but they finally got themselves some third party support and another quality title. Sure, this means I won't be playing the game for a while if ever, as I'm not in the market for a new console and we don't know what Sony/Microsoft are doing next, but nonetheless, I have no problem with any part of the exclusivity deal.
Reading this thread I've changed my mind completely from disappointment to praise, even if I don't end up acquiring a WiiU, it's pretty awesome that something that wouldn't have been published otherwise will exist, even if it is as an exclusive.

Although it's pretty galling to the fanbase from the first game, it probably won't end up selling nearly as well as it could multiplatform, but thems are the brokes I suppose.

Kimozabi

Sep 1, 2008
aguspal said:
Fappy said:
I can understand the rage. I can't think of any franchises that went exclusive in their core line of games after having been multi-platform. It's a win for Nintendo in any case.

THIS.

I didnt even played the first game, I barely know of it, but this still stands.

This is one of the evilist moves from a company that I have ever seen. Sure, it makes sence for they moneys, but, If I was a fan of their game I would personally hate the games company for QUITE a lot of time. Make the first of a series Multiplatform, then go exclusive? VERY assholeish move.

I emphatise with the fans of the game, althougt I didnt even played it. Its just too evil and definitivly a uber jerkass move!! WTF man. Imagine if your favorite series of games its now, all of a sudden, taken away from you unless you buy X console.

Damn man... just DAMN. The fans have all the rights to get mad at the company, I hope the later either thinks better about this or gets owned by its fans as it deserves.
No, not this - not this at all.
The game would most likely not have come out at all, if not for Nintendo:
http://spong.com/article/26926/Rumour-Bayonetta-2-Has-Been-Cancelled

It's pointless to not make a game at all, just because you can't make it for all platforms. Blame SEGA for shafting the project for multiplaform, don't blame Platinum for making the game the only way they can.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Kimozabi said:
aguspal said:
Fappy said:
I can understand the rage. I can't think of any franchises that went exclusive in their core line of games after having been multi-platform. It's a win for Nintendo in any case.

THIS.

I didnt even played the first game, I barely know of it, but this still stands.

This is one of the evilist moves from a company that I have ever seen. Sure, it makes sence for they moneys, but, If I was a fan of their game I would personally hate the games company for QUITE a lot of time. Make the first of a series Multiplatform, then go exclusive? VERY assholeish move.

I emphatise with the fans of the game, althougt I didnt even played it. Its just too evil and definitivly a uber jerkass move!! WTF man. Imagine if your favorite series of games its now, all of a sudden, taken away from you unless you buy X console.

Damn man... just DAMN. The fans have all the rights to get mad at the company, I hope the later either thinks better about this or gets owned by its fans as it deserves.
No, not this - not this at all.
The game would most likely not have come out at all, if not for Nintendo:
http://spong.com/article/26926/Rumour-Bayonetta-2-Has-Been-Cancelled

It's pointless to not make a game at all, just because you can't make it for all platforms. Blame SEGA for shafting the project for multiplaform, don't blame Platinum for making the game the only way they can.

Yeah I already know all of this.

Its still understable that the fans rage about this, and I dont see why would someone blame them. Its really terrible. Albeit also funny. Its really interesting, I empathise with the fans, I really do, but I also find some of their comments to be bloody hilarious rants. Oh, internet.

TurtleCannon

Mar 6, 2012
Well this brought me down a bit today. I absolutely LOVED Bayonetta and almost dies of dehydration from crying so many tears of joy when I learned the sequel! But with the news of it being on the WiiU I doubt I'll ever actually play it. The console doesnt seem nearly good enough for me to buy it just for one game, no matter how much I'd love to be able to play.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Stavros Dimou said:
Whoever rants on this is an amateur fanboy.

Perfect Dark was a Nintendo series and Microsoft secretly bought Rare to fire all of its people,just so they can give the licenses of the studio to some untalented slackers,and thus Perfect Dark Zero was an xbox360 exclusive and a big turd.

Halo was designed to be an Apple Macintosh exclusive,when Apple decided to strengthen its until then week gaming aspect of its computers,and Microsoft suddenly and secretly signed a dirty deal and made it an exclusive for its consoles.

Skyrim,a game of the once exclusive PC series,now have its dlcs having time exclusiveness for xbox360...

SONY doesn't care about exclusives that much,but copies everything Nintendo does. A Mario Kart clone named Crash Bandicoot Kart or something,a Super Smash Bros clone,Wiimote clones,etc...

I can't stand hypocrisy.
It happens all the time,yet when your favorite console publisher signs exclusiveness deals you are all "Oh how great Microsoft and SONY are!!!" and yet when Nintendo does the same thing you say "Oh how dare they do such a thing ? They are evil!!".
Double standards and hypocrisy. I'm disgusted.
The TES series hasn't been a PC exclusive series since before Morrowind.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
TurtleCannon said:
Well this brought me down a bit today. I absolutely LOVED Bayonetta and almost dies of dehydration from crying so many tears of joy when I learned the sequel! But with the news of it being on the WiiU I doubt I'll ever actually play it. The console doesnt seem nearly good enough for me to buy it just for one game, no matter how much I'd love to be able to play.
that is a problem that some of us have or its money that is the problem and some of us are insulted for it its sickening

Sep 24, 2008
Ignoring the Nintendo Bias there is, as it's as important to me as people arguing over Pepsi, Coke, and Sprite (Nintendo would be the spite in my opinion), I'm going to address the other comment that is truly baffling to me.

'Well, good luck buying a console for only one game'.

Like the development of the system will stop two months after the Wii-U drops.

And, praytell, how many games should there be before you buy a new system? I mean, these people are in the business of making money, not making us happy. If we all just waited until there were a thousand games for a console, the business would have died way before now. Companies would just say these things aren't selling.

So, yeah, what's the bare minimum of release games that would warrant a purchase?

ZombiU is interesting to me. The Wonderful 101 seems like it can be something. Nintendo land looks like Megaman Legends. Bayonetta makes four. Is that enough to want the system and not get scorn?

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
ObsidianJones said:
Ignoring the Nintendo Bias there is, as it's as important to me as people arguing over Pepsi, Coke, and Sprite (Nintendo would be the spite in my opinion), I'm going to address the other comment that is truly baffling to me.

'Well, good luck buying a console for only one game'.

Like the development of the system will stop two months after the Wii-U drops.

And, praytell, how many games should there be before you buy a new system? I mean, these people are in the business of making money, not making us happy. If we all just waited until there were a thousand games for a console, the business would have died way before now. Companies would just say these things aren't selling.

So, yeah, what's the bare minimum of release games that would warrant a purchase?

ZombiU is interesting to me. The Wonderful 101 seems like it can be something. Nintendo land looks like Megaman Legends. Bayonetta makes four. Is that enough to want the system and not get scorn?
Nintendo isn't sprite its coke. for some people that's enough but what if those games aren't interesting to the player and the games they are interested in are for the system they have making buying the wii u for the one they are not worth it

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Tony2077 said:
that is a problem that some of us have or its money that is the problem and some of us are insulted for it its sickening
Let me quote the first post of yours in this topic

first
Tony2077 said:
death to nintendo. i really really liked the first one and i'll never get to play more of it oh well they were a good dev
what original was posted as
i liked the first one and this is how I'm treated they better make it for other consoles or i have another reason to hate Nintendo
The only thing you did from your first post is insult nintendo and the fans .. who is the sickening person now(also having the opinion that if you can not play it , it should not be made is just arogant and selfish).

People like that sicken me.

Go what you said what you would do (go to your persona group) and leave us alone.

/edit : Whoops i can not even use quotes anymore >.<

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
D Moness said:
Tony2077 said:
Let me quote the first post of yours in this topic

first
Tony2077 said:
death to nintendo. i really really liked the first one and i'll never get to play more of it oh well they were a good dev
what original was posted as
i liked the first one and this is how I'm treated they better make it for other consoles or i have another reason to hate Nintendo[/quote}

The only thing you did from your first post is insult nintendo and the fans .. who is the sickening person now(also having the opinion that if you can not play it , it should not be made is just arogant and selfish).

People like that sicken me.

Go what you said what you would do (go to your persona group) and leave us alone.
i would but nothing happened there lately and i know what i said i and i stand by what i said now. and you should note i said some so go yell at someone else

that was last night i believe so condemning me for something i said then isn't worth it since i have add and yes i really do have it. beside i was just being weird with that post

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Well I'm mad!

How dare Nintendo show signs of taking it's third part games library seriously! Who am I supposed to blame for all the industry's problems now?

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
sumanoskae said:
Well I'm mad!

How dare Nintendo show signs of taking it's third part games library seriously! Who am I supposed to blame for all the industry's problems now?
bob the talentless janitor

Sep 24, 2008
Tony2077 said:
Nintendo isn't sprite its coke. for some people that's enough but what if those games aren't interesting to the player and the games they are interested in are for the system they have making buying the wii u for the one they are not worth it
Really? I always saw Coke and Pepsi to be just different variations of the flavors, and Sprite is just a huge divergence in taste.

I get what you mean, but the games I said are interesting to me. Probably interesting to someone else. I mean, other than pre-existing of ideas of Nintendo... yeah, not a bad developer. Made some really solid titles through Gaming Life. Could be bad. Could be amazing. I'm betting on pretty good, myself. The rest is sour grapes because people don't want to touch Nintedo over... well, pre existing ideas.

captcha: Stop wasting time.

Damn, you're bitter when you don't have your morning coffee..

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
ObsidianJones said:
Tony2077 said:
Really? I always saw Coke and Pepsi to be just different variations of the flavors, and Sprite is just a huge divergence in taste.

I get what you mean, but the games I said are interesting to me. Probably interesting to someone else. I mean, other than pre-existing of ideas of Nintendo... yeah, not a bad developer. Made some really solid titles through Gaming Life. Could be bad. Could be amazing. I'm betting on pretty good, myself. The rest is sour grapes because people don't want to touch Nintedo over... well, pre existing ideas.

captcha: Stop wasting time.

Damn, you're bitter when you don't have your morning coffee..
i know but its all personal preferences so i can't comment on it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There was another thread like this and I likened this situation to when Yahtzee mentioned how he liked buying kid games because it put him in mind of a child being unable to play the copy that he personally bought. In this case though, the children are...well children who hate on Nintendo.

As for Bayonetta 2, I plan on buying it for the Yahtzee reason. I'm going to go on to say that Nintendo has had a more robust lineup of exclusives for some years now but it did surprise me to see Bayonetta 2 being counted as one of them. Any of these people who are really butt-hurt about this can still buy a copy of the game of course: they'll just have to wait until they visit Gram-Gram and, Pop-Pop before they can play it.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I'm happy this game is getting made. I was really bummed when i heard it was canned way back when.

I can understand a measure of frustration... to a degree, but people seem to be taking it too far. Yeah, its an exclusive, so what? It wouldn't exist otherwise. A number of people frustrated at the idea seem to be the ones that had already written off everything Nintendo as not worth their attention. Not saying everyone is like that, of course. I still don't know if I'm getting a Wii U or not. Just have to see if personal funds and timing line up right. This isn't much different to me than when Mega Man Legends 3 was announced for the 3DS. Now that was a game I would have bought a console for...

Mega Man Legends 3...

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I have said it before and I say it again. I would not have been pissed about it if the game turned exclusive to one of the systems in which it was originally sold. It would have been disappointing if they went for one of them and I don't have it, but at least it would have make sense for SOME people.

This? This makes sense for NO ONE. Unless people have every console, no one that played the first one gets to play the new one, and people that play the new one won't play the first one. I am not mad at Nintendo for doing it (its their job to get good exclusives at launch), but I am pretty mad at Sega/Platinum for agreeing to it.

And, for the last time, stop comparing this to Terraria. Its not the same thing. Terraria was released years ago for PC and now console players can play it too. The PC crowd gets nothing out of it, other than more people playing the game. Terraria didn't drop support, its still available in PC and probably cheaper; and its not like the sequel was announced to be console exclusive... You want to compare Terraria's tantrum to another example? Its like when people complained about Mass Effect 2 getting ported for the PS3 a year after it was on the 360.

This? I can't think of a similar example, except maybe FF6 and FF7.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
PieBrotherTB said:
Launcelot111 said:
Nice job for Nintendo. Their lineup thus far can justifiably be criticized, but they finally got themselves some third party support and another quality title. Sure, this means I won't be playing the game for a while if ever, as I'm not in the market for a new console and we don't know what Sony/Microsoft are doing next, but nonetheless, I have no problem with any part of the exclusivity deal.
Reading this thread I've changed my mind completely from disappointment to praise, even if I don't end up acquiring a WiiU, it's pretty awesome that something that wouldn't have been published otherwise will exist, even if it is as an exclusive.

Although it's pretty galling to the fanbase from the first game, it probably won't end up selling nearly as well as it could multiplatform, but thems are the brokes I suppose.
What bothers me about this is that there are so many games that people would love to see released but never will come out or only after 15 years and a fan fundraising campaign or something, but then here is Bayonetta 2 coming out against the odds but as an exclusive in a nod to its funding source. Suddenly, people here are saying they'd rather not have the game come out at all than see it on the WiiU? This is why we can't have nice things.