Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
DustyDrB said:
And aside from that, console exclusives are kind of necessary. That's the major reason you'd choose one console over another.
This a thousand times. I think I am actually anti-multiplatform. It makes no sense to have multiple consoles if they all have the exact same titles.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I find releasing a sequel only on one console very disagreeable, to be honest.
I only played the Xbox demo for Bayonetta and I did not like it, so I don't really care about the news. I can see why people are angry, but some reactions are a little bit much. That's just the order of things. When is it not like this?

7thHanyou

Jun 7, 2011
Spookimitsu said:
DustyDrB said:
And aside from that, console exclusives are kind of necessary. That's the major reason you'd choose one console over another.
This a thousand times. I think I am actually anti-multiplatform. It makes no sense to have multiple consoles if they all have the exact same titles.
Exclusives also help give a brand identity.

Call me old-fashioned, but I grew up in the 8 and 16-bit eras. I was a Sega kid, but seeing the differences between the two dominant platforms was exciting. It made gaming fun and interesting. The SNES was clearly superior hardware-wise, but even multiplatform games had totally distinct atmospheres (see The Lion King for an example) that brought out the best in both consoles.

I couldn't play Donkey Kong Country, but I was kind of okay with that. I made my choice based on brand identity, and Sonic, Comix Zone, and Vectorman were fine.

Nowadays, my 360 is collecting dust and I wish I hadn't bought it. Almost any game I want to play on it is on a superior platform--the PC. One interesting exception is Fallout 3--for some reason, I can't get it to run for 2 minutes on Windows 7. But otherwise, I don't play consoles for power, I play them for the experiences that can't be found anywhere else.

Gergar12_v1legacy

Aug 17, 2012
Meh I didn't buy the first game however since the WIIU is the earlyest next gen console I don't find much reason not to buy the WIIU.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
GrimHeaper said:
If there are no exclusives we'll all just have Pc's.
WE all don't want that.

... Why "WE" (I am not in that WE apparently) dont want that? I think its a cool idea. Also, Exclusives are not the only reason consoles exist, LOL. Fuck Exclusives, all games should be for all sistems.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
GrimHeaper said:
WE all don't want that.
Tell me ONE friggin' technical difference between PC and, say, Xbox. It IS a friggin' PC, you can't get it? All the difference lies within OS and standards. "Ooooh, there are so much configurations, it is so hard to choose and upgraaade!" Bullshit - proven twenty times even in this topic. "Ooooh, but I can't plaay my gaaames on a couch using TV as a display" - no you can. All the problem is that console owners do not want to make standardised devices, cause they will loose profits. This would make them to reduce prices, work more on gameplay and actually compete intensifying the evolution of industry! But noooo, everyone sticks to those shitty useless exclusives and brings money for them to allow more of same shit to come out!

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Rastrelly said:
GrimHeaper said:
WE all don't want that.
Tell me ONE friggin' technical difference between PC and, say, Xbox. It IS a friggin' PC, you can't get it? All the difference lies within OS and standards. "Ooooh, there are so much configurations, it is so hard to choose and upgraaade!" Bullshit - proven twenty times even in this topic. "Ooooh, but I can't plaay my gaaames on a couch using TV as a display" - no you can. All the problem is that console owners do not want to make standardised devices, cause they will loose profits. This would make them to reduce prices, work more on gameplay and actually compete intensifying the evolution of industry! But noooo, everyone sticks to those shitty useless exclusives and brings money for them to allow more of same shit to come out!
Well, for starters, I don't have to open up my XBox to replace a cartridge if I want to play Team Fortress 2, and I don't have to worry about my XBox exploding because the Graphics Card can't handle it (Sadly, my labtop can't handle TF2. The NVIDIA card isn't strong enough). Also, Game Consoles focus solely on Games. Labtops have more purpose then just video games, like work, and the Internet.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
Rastrelly said:
GrimHeaper said:
WE all don't want that.
Well, for starters, I don't have to open up my XBox to replace a cartridge if I want to play Team Fortress 2, and I don't have to worry about my XBox exploding because the Graphics Card can't handle it (Sadly, my labtop can't handle TF2. The NVIDIA card isn't strong enough). Also, Game Consoles focus solely on Games. Labtops have more purpose then just video games, like work, and the Internet.
I stated that there must be performed a process of standardisation. This means main hardware manufacturers and software developers must sit together and decide how to make hardware and software work as smoothly as possible. This comes to backwards compatibility, frequencies, system requirements etc. If this process will be performed you actually won't need to worry if your PC will not handle the game even whet it has to by recommended specs. Of course a laptot with integrated video would never run TF2. But neither would PS2, right? I don't say consoles must be eliminated. I say they must be connected to process. They should become a "standard PC that runs everything" with special OS designed for gameplay-only purposes. At the same time there should still be laptops, lower and higher profile PCs etc. Entirely normal. Electric device manufacturers did this long ago, why electronic entertainment industry can't?

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
The Human Torch said:
Exclusives need to go the way of the Dodo.
Sorry but I have to disagree, that is ridiculous.

If you don't have console exclusives, you effectively kill developer competitiveness and innovation, and you dont have a need for multiple platforms.

SO those will die out.

Then, with only one platform, and no exclusives to inspire developers to innovate, titles will become pixel swapped rip-offs of whatever just sold well last fiscal year, no need to develop a new IP and risk going out of business.

I'd much rather see EVERYTHING as a console exclusives, and multiplatform titles pick a side and stay there. I miss the good old days of wanting a console because of titles I had never gotten a chance to try out. Exclusives are actually the reason I have ANY console to speak of. I bought my wii because of Monster Hunter ( there are many subsequent exclusive titles I enjoy on it now though ), I wanted the 360 because I wanted to try Guilty Gear 2 (don't judge me) and then I went on to enjoy exclusives there as well. I got the PS3 for The Last Guardian (/weep) and Final Fantasy XIV, but I enjoyed Demon Souls and MGS4 there as well. DCUO didnt hurt either.

I've since given AWAY my 360, because I'm tired of Halo and Gears of War year after year, and any other 'AAA' title that is coming out is going to be multiplat. My Wii still sees use for all of the RPGs on it, although as of late have neglected it and it's expansive backlog. The PS3 is still in heavy rotation though, but even that will see neglect if all the titles that I would play there will be available for the PC.

I need more exclusives.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
aguspal said:
GrimHeaper said:
WE all don't want that.

... Why "WE" (I am not in that WE apparently) dont want that? I think its a cool idea. Also, Exclusives are not the only reason consoles exist, LOL. Fuck Exclusives, all games should be for all sistems.
Says the guy with a Mario Avatar.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Spookimitsu said:
aguspal said:
GrimHeaper said:
WE all don't want that.

Says the guy with a Mario Avatar.
I honestly wouldt mind Mario in Playstation consoles.

But 99% of other gamers and companies DO. And honestly, I cant blame them. Its been 20 or so years that way. Breaking it now its just uncalled for. But I would still like the destruction of Exclusives, thougt.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
aguspal said:
I will give you this, I do like seeing cameos between companies (as in Smash Brothers crossovers, Namco x Capcom, SNK vs Capcom etc), and I wouldnt mind seeing that more, but as for the titles them self, I'd prefer console/system exclusivity.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Spookimitsu said:
aguspal said:
I will give you this, I do like seeing cameos between companies (as in Smash Brothers crossovers, Namco x Capcom, SNK vs Capcom etc), and I wouldnt mind seeing that more, but as for the titles them self, I'd prefer console/system exclusivity.
Nice.
Now, if someone could actually explain the WHY part, I would be a happy escapist :D

Althougt I guess, In a way I dont quite care since now I am more of a PC Gamer, but still, I dont see the logic...