Bayonetta 2 for Wii U Gets New Gameplay Footage

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Looks pretty friggen sweet. Looks like I'm going to have to get a Wii U.

Also, loving Bayonetta's new hair style. Seems like she and Jeanne decided to switch for some reason. :p

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Hmm...

Combat looks like it's similar to the first, which makes sense since it worked well. The question is of course if Platinum is going to build upon that or keep it par for the course.

Not a big fan though of the redesign. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't ruin the game, I just find the short hair to not work as well. The long/beehive original, while weird, was at least iconic. The hair here just seems a little generic and switching up things for the sake of switching it up. Maybe this is just because it makes her look more j-punk than anything else, which as a style I'm not a fan of.

Will this make me get a WiiU? No. I liked Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising, but I'm not going to get the console for just one game. I doubt it will ever be made multiplatform unless Nintendo sold them the rights afterwards, but in a hypothetical scenario that it happens I'd consider getting it. I'd wait for reviews if it improved upon it's design or just kept it the same.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
I love Bayonetta, as a character and as a game. Hell, I even love her more than Dante!!! =D
Too bad I don't have a WiiU. Looks like I might have to consider purchasing one in the future ... after the PS4 :(

Captcha: Hot diggity dog

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Honestly when I first heard this I was shocked. Bayonetta was tongue in cheek, gyrating heroine saying things like "Mommy is going to have spank you." while binding angels to torture devices. And Nintendo grabbed the sequel. Well damn. I did love the first game think Devil May Cry with more style and flare. Throw in some awesome hair powers (yes hair of all things) and weapons to put on your hands or feet. It was good, damn good, and very challenging. Didn't seem the type of game that Nintendo would seek, but it's definitely the type of game they need. I'm sure they'll tone down everything except the action, but it still looks pretty solid. Shame I don't have a WiiU.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Arawn said:
Honestly when I first heard this I was shocked. Bayonetta was tongue in cheek, gyrating heroine saying things like "Mommy is going to have spank you." while binding angels to torture devices. And Nintendo grabbed the sequel. Well damn. I did love the first game think Devil May Cry with more style and flare. Throw in some awesome hair powers (yes hair of all things) and weapons to put on your hands or feet. It was good, damn good, and very challenging. Didn't seem the type of game that Nintendo would seek, but it's definitely the type of game they need. I'm sure they'll tone down everything except the action, but it still looks pretty solid. Shame I don't have a WiiU.
Nintendo probably won't. After all, this isn't the first game Platinum Games published for Nintendo. Anyone remember MadWorld? I'm pretty sure that game beats Bayonetta in the violence department by a long shot.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
Looks awesome, but disturbing train of thought though: Nice hair cut, wait wasn't her suit made of hair, she isn't naked so where are her cloths coming from............. oh god.

Still trust Nintendo to make me interested in consoles again for the next generation, still might wait for a bit of Selda (argh bloody broken key). Ok so new Laptop before Wii U still.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Not my sort of game, and to my eyes it looks a mess - too in your face, like an even more OTT Devil May Cry

That said, judging by the reactions on here fans seem to be happy, so I'm glad that Nintendo picked this one up

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
Milanezi said:
Exclusive? hummm for how long I wonder? I'm not a Bayonetta fan, not my type of game, but hey, it's not the sort of stuff to stick exclusively for NINTENDO, I'm sure it'll be released for Xbox One and PS4 later on, maybe with those enhancements that make people who got the "exclusive" version so pissed.
I doubt that since Nintendo footed part of the bill.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Okay, let's deal with this.

Clearly the basic methodology is "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It's clearly still borrowing a lot of assets from the first, but then when has that been a bad thing? Doom 2 didn't add much other than the Icon Of Sin, a few new textures and a double-barelled shotgun. It's a sequel; of course it's going to have the same sort of thing.

DAT HAIR. Sorry, but no. That is every level of wrong that ever existed - Bayonetta's hair from the first game is one of her most defining features and this is the equivalent of replacing Indiana Jones' fedora with a baseball cap. And while I'm glad to see Jeanne back, that rubber catsuit is doing her no favours (but then her outfit wasn't much better first time round).

LOLd at the torture attack with the centaur on the treadmill.

Still looks fun enough to be well worth playing. We're missing a lot of the 80s Sega references that I loved the first game so much for (the Space Harrier level still brings tears to my eyes), and a few of those other little touches, and I'm not quite sure how to they're going to get up to twelve when the first game was already straining eleven's breaking point. But I think I do still need to play it; and considering that I was probably going to end up sitting this generation out, it looks like it's still "buy Wii U when Bayonetta 2, play it to death and then trade the console".

Oh, and if the mystery robed figure turns out to be anyone other than
Rosa, Bayonetta's mother
I will eat a hat.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I approve of the new hairstyle. Looks great but I may need another game to justify buying a WiiU. I've only got this and SMT X Fire Emblem to look forward to.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Apparently it has some type of multiplayer? I could imagine second player cooping as Jeanne, or maybe someone uses the touchpad to mess with enemies or something. Versus though? I just imagine it would be like an un-official Anarchy Reigns 2.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Milanezi said:
Exclusive? hummm for how long I wonder? I'm not a Bayonetta fan, not my type of game, but hey, it's not the sort of stuff to stick exclusively for NINTENDO, I'm sure it'll be released for Xbox One and PS4 later on, maybe with those enhancements that make people who got the "exclusive" version so pissed.
Nintendo are the publishers, no other companies would pick this game up. That's why it's exclusive to the WiiU. And I'm sure it's going to stay that way for a very, very long time.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Tank207 said:
Milanezi said:
Nintendo are the publishers, no other companies would pick this game up. That's why it's exclusive to the WiiU. And I'm sure it's going to stay that way for a very, very long time.
Correct me if I`m wrong, but Microsoft had also funded Mass Effect 1, and it was released for Ps 3 recently.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Milanezi said:
Tank207 said:
Milanezi said:
Correct me if I`m wrong, but Microsoft had also funded Mass Effect 1, and it was released for Ps 3 recently.
Because EA bought the rights to ALL Bioware games when they bought Bioware, thus Microsoft no longer has any say in which platforms they get put on.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
It's official. Between this and Sonic Colors/ the upcoming Sonic Lost World, myself and the WiiU are gonna be getting a lot more intimate in a few months.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Who is it that keeps breaking clocktowers and dropping them from orbit? It's getting real silly.

Jokes aside, looks like great fun. Wish it didn't exist, but I have no illusions of it being ported over to anywhere.