Bayonetta 2 - Hands on a Bad Hair Day

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Bayonetta 2 - Hands on a Bad Hair Day

The witch is back, and she makes the Wii U feel like a console for mature audiences for once.

Read Full Article

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
"... comes bundled with the first Bayonetta..." Welp! Guess who's now completely sold on a Wii U! Thanks for that bit of info at the end of the article. I have never played it either and was on the fence about getting a Wii U and the second game without the foundation of the first. I'm happy about it.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Great looking game. So when does it come out on a proper gaming platform like the PC?

... I'm joking. Still it's a pity that only Nintendo was willing to finance a sequel to the flamboyant weirdness of the first game.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
vallorn said:
Great looking game. So when does it come out on a proper gaming platform like the PC?

... I'm joking. Still it's a pity that only Nintendo was willing to finance a sequel to the flamboyant weirdness of the first game.
i wish i could laugh about it. thats also a title i would like to play but nope, not available for pc.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
The first game was great, and this is making the second game look more hopeful.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
well as much as i wanna agree with PC master race these games are made for controllers... oh man what is this xbox 360 controllers work perfectly on PC....

Calabi

Dec 4, 2007
That's what I like about it, its so hardcore and yet incredibly accessible at the same time. They dont need to be mutually exclusive. Anyone could play and complete the first Bayonetta on easy mode, and its just as exciting. But then you go up the difficulties and learn how to play it and find out how good it really is.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
From the screens it looks like you can have her in various nintendo themed outfits. With that said I wonder if the attacks still cause clothes loss when using custom outfits like samus gear for example

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
vagabondwillsmile said:
"... comes bundled with the first Bayonetta..." Welp! Guess who's now completely sold on a Wii U!
I had to go back and check, can't believe I missed that. I need to start saving my pennies for this now.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
vagabondwillsmile said:
"... comes bundled with the first Bayonetta..." Welp! Guess who's now completely sold on a Wii U! Thanks for that bit of info at the end of the article. I have never played it either and was on the fence about getting a Wii U and the second game without the foundation of the first. I'm happy about it.
Absuplutely exactly what i came to say. Thanks for saving me some finger strokes lol

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
BiH-Kira said:
Greg Tito said:
The witch is back, and she makes the Wii U feel like a console for mature audiences for once.
So basically you only play mature games for mature people such as yourself?
The WiiU has games for the "mature" audience since the release. Just because you can't deal with your own childishness and need to prove your maturity doesn't mean your viewpoint is in any way or form true.

OT:
I was planing on getting Bayonetta 2 some day and it being bundled with the first games is a huge plus. But I don't know what Nintendo was thinking by making that move retail only. Buying the game digital won't give you the first game. A really weird and stupid decision. It's more logical to give people initiative to buy digital because they earn more money with that.
I was going to say, if they mean "mature" as in M-rated, I suppose that's true but I don't get how that's supposed to mean mature audiences. Nintendo makes games for EVERYONE, they don't let themselves be shackled to this obsession devs have nowadays with trying to be "grown-up"

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
I wonder just how robust the sticks are on the Game Pad. Bayonetta's probably one of those games that will make you want to use a Pro Controller, if only as a precaution against wear and tear.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Aiddon said:
BiH-Kira said:
Greg Tito said:
So basically you only play mature games for mature people such as yourself?
The WiiU has games for the "mature" audience since the release. Just because you can't deal with your own childishness and need to prove your maturity doesn't mean your viewpoint is in any way or form true.

OT:
I was planing on getting Bayonetta 2 some day and it being bundled with the first games is a huge plus. But I don't know what Nintendo was thinking by making that move retail only. Buying the game digital won't give you the first game. A really weird and stupid decision. It's more logical to give people initiative to buy digital because they earn more money with that.
I was going to say, if they mean "mature" as in M-rated, I suppose that's true but I don't get how that's supposed to mean mature audiences. Nintendo makes games for EVERYONE, they don't let themselves be shackled to this obsession devs have nowadays with trying to be "grown-up"
Oh no, you better not question the Great Greg motherfucking Tito or else you will get a warning for being rude despite the Great Greg motherfucking Tito insulting everyone with a WiiU right there in the article.

Hastln

Apr 8, 2013
I'm extremely exited for the Bayonetta sequel, as the first one is one of my favourite games of the last generation. Unfortunately, I don't think its going to be the thing thats going to sell more WiiUs, the games not very friendly later on, and the shitty arcade segments throw a lot of people off, I still have hopes, but don't think its going to sell very well.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Definitely looking forward to picking this up. Loooooooooooooved the first (and pretty much anything Platinum/Clover has done) and I have high hopes for this too.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Aiddon said:
Because words can mean more than one thing. "Mature" in this case is more along the lines of "things that will appeal to adolescent boys," rather than "of a mature nature."

Okay, the former definition is a little glib, but "mature" can mean "things we don't want kids to play/watch/read," regardless of the actual maturity level involved.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Bundled with Bayo 1?

Say that again?

I wonder if they'll retrofit the control scheme of 2; not that it'll be much different. Hell I wonder if they'll retrofit anything, that'd be interesting.

Are there any details on this? Is it going to be on-disc, or a download code?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
BiH-Kira said:
despite the Great Greg motherfucking Tito insulting everyone with a WiiU right there in the article.
I own a Wii U, and have since before the first price drop even happened, and I'm not insulted by this article in the slightest. If somehow you were insulted from Greg, I'm sorry but that says more about you than it does about Greg really.

Pink Gregory said:
Bundled with Bayo 1?

Say that again?

I wonder if they'll retrofit the control scheme of 2; not that it'll be much different. Hell I wonder if they'll retrofit anything, that'd be interesting.

Are there any details on this? Is it going to be on-disc, or a download code?
I'm gonna assume it'll be a downloadable code, but it could be on a disc for all we know. Just remember, you only get Bayonetta bundled only if you get the physical copy of Bayonetta 2.

OT: Excited for this game, and the fact that I don't have to dig out my 360 anymore to play Bayonetta 1 now, and can just play it on the Wii U. I will say though I'm not a fan of how the cover looks when it comes to Bayonetta 2. It's mainly the yellow moon I think. Would look better if it were silver.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Hmm... Anyone know how the Wii-U's version of the Netflix app fares? Because this might actually be enough of a turning point to finally upgrade to the Wii-U.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Callate said:
Hmm... Anyone know how the Wii-U's version of the Netflix app fares? Because this might actually be enough of a turning point to finally upgrade to the Wii-U.
Works fine for me. It's easy to navigate, and I've not had any problems with either Netflix, or the Amazon Video app that comes installed on the Wii U either. Not to mention it has the best internet browser I've ever used on a console. :D