Bayonetta 2 on WiiU This October, Comes With First Game

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Bayonetta 2 on WiiU This October, Comes With First Game

When the Bayonetta sequel comes to WiiU, it comes with more than we expected.

Read Full Article

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Sweet, now I can get both Bayonettas on one system. I avoided the PS3 version because of the frame rate issue, and sloppy job SEGA did at porting it. I could have gotten the 360 version...but that would require me to actually take my Xbox 360 out of it's box under my bed. :p

Nintendo seems to be bringing the heavy hitters, which is good. Now let's hope to god they market said heavy hitters otherwise I wouldn't be surprised about a repeat of what happened to The Wonderful 101.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I can't wait until they port this to a real system.

I know they said they won't/can't for good reasons, but it'll happen.

Remember Okami?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
anthony87 said:
Scrythe said:
I

Remember Okami?
Nope.

What happened?
It was exclusive to Wii.

I now have it on two different Sony devices.

Resident Evil 4 was billed as a Gamecube exclusive. I also own that on two separate Sony devices.

EDIT: Scratch that. My friend just informed me that Okami was on PS2 first.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
*Sigh* Alright, ALRIGHT... I'll buy a WiiU. I guess it's time anyway.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Scrythe said:
anthony87 said:
Scrythe said:
I

Remember Okami?
Nope.

What happened?
It was exclusive to Wii.

I now have it on two different Sony devices.

Resident Evil 4 was billed as a Gamecube exclusive. I also own that on two separate Sony devices.
It was exclusive to the PS2. They ported it to the Wii later, and then did a HD PS3 remake. I could see the latter happening here.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
I didn't like the original game all that much (Ninja Gaiden Black is still the best 3D action-game on the market if you ask me) but I must say that this is a great deal for those who've yet to try the franchise.

Oh, and that Link-costume is pretty sweet too.

Jimalcoatl

Jun 21, 2010
Bayonetta 2 was the primary reason I bought a Wii U so having a solid release window, if not a specific date, is very good news to me. I also planned on replaying the first one just before the new one is released, but I think I'll hold off on that and see what the Wii U version offers instead. I'm hoping for a Zero Suit Samus skin personally.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Bayonetta doing Link and Peach cosplay...
I think Nintendo officially won this years E3. That and the squid game, Zelda and Smash.

I don't own neither the PS3 nor 180 so I only played Bayonetta 1 for a bit at a friends place before he sold his copy (dude has bad taste) so I'm actually hyped that there is Bayonetta 1 included.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
nice that the original game is coming with it with new content. Now people can get the first essentially as a HUGE bonus.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
Scrythe said:

Remember Okami?
i dont know why people keep saying that the wii U is not a real system, it has decent graphical fidelity now, unlike its predecessor when compared with its generation, and most games in it are commanded by traditional button based controllers. honestly if you wanna talk about real systems you should just say port it to PC, it is the most powerful most functional platform in the market bar-none.

Okami was also a PS2 game that was made better on the wii because the dual joystick thing made it really slow to execute the painting based spells. plus the PS3 remake also used motion controls and was even better too.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
That looks cool, both games
WendelI said:
Scrythe said:

Remember Okami?
i dont know why people keep saying that the wii U is not a real system,
him like the rest of the snobs are just baiting, let it be and Enjoy Bayonetta 2 while they play *GGG#2568 for the 865235th time.

;)

*Generic Grey Game

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
You don't understand how happy I am that the first game is going to be bundled with the second game.

I'm currently playing the game with a friends Xbox 360, but it would be great to have it all on one system. Also pretty hyped for the various Nintendo skins.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Uriel_Hayabusa said:
Oh, and I hope that Bayonetta 1 will run and look more like the 360-version than the PS3-version.
Seeing as Bayonetta 2 looks better than 1 and it runs at 60fps I'm pretty sure we're gonna be getting at least the 360 version's level of quality.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Dragonbums said:
You don't understand how happy I am that the first game is going to be bundled with the second game.

I'm currently playing the game with a friends Xbox 360, but it would be great to have it all on one system. Also pretty hyped for the various Nintendo skins.
Also, keep in mind it's the RETAIL edition that has the first game, the digital version won't:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230339-bayonetta-2-eshop-version-doesn-t-include-first-bayonetta-game

Still, great deal regardless.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well this is nice!
Seems like there needs to be some more pre-ordering to do this week :p
I haven't played the first one, so getting that along will be nice :)

Allspice

Mar 1, 2011
I'm glad we now know when Bayonetta 2 will be released. The fact that the retail version comes with the first game too is great.

For those hoping for a port to another system, has a title Nintendo published ever ended up being ported to another system? Nintendo put up the money for it because Sega wouldn't, I can't imagine Nintendo would make that deal unless it stays a Wii U exclusive.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Aiddon said:
Dragonbums said:

Also, keep in mind it's the RETAIL edition that has the first game, the digital version won't:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230339-bayonetta-2-eshop-version-doesn-t-include-first-bayonetta-game

Still, great deal regardless.
I was never much for digital games in the first place. But the fact that this is the default retail game as opposed to some sort of "bonus" order? That's fucking great!