Be The Talk of Megaton With This Awesome iPod Dock

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Be The Talk of Megaton With This Awesome iPod Dock

Sleek, white and oh so sterile, most iPod docks are a little joyless, but it doesn't have to be that way, as this retro-futuristic mash up shows.

Retro-Futurist, Atompunk or even Ray Gun Gothic; it doesn't matter what you call it, this iPod dock is probably coolest you're likely to see in a long time. Built into an old piece of audio test equipment, the dock can also be used as a regular speaker, or have a guitar plugged into it.

Creator Pete Verrando is a sound production recorder who has been restoring and building audio devices "since his teen years" created the dock out of a 63 year old Philco Dynamic Tester which was apparently "just a small amplifier/speaker combination with an external probe for fixing audio equipment."

The dock has gone up on ebay [http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiophile-Vintage-Philco-Ipod-Dock-Speaker-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ150388779278QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item2303dea90e#ht_2960wt_1165], and wouldn't look out of place in your Megaton home.

Source: Retro Thing [http://www.retrothing.com/2009/11/vintage-philco-ipod-dock.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+RetroThing+(Retro+Thing+-+The+vintage+technology+site)]

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
That's the oddest thing I seen today...

[small] other than Silent Hill 4 [/small]

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Heh heh. Nice one. I like it. I don't actually have the iPod,but still - awesome.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
$9.99? Worldwide shipping? Fuck yeah, I'm buying that. It's actually cheaper than "proper" iPod docks and looks nicer.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Now this would make one kick ass Xmas gift for someone! I love when stuff like this is created //Reminds me of the steampunk arcade machiene that was talked about here a little while ago

-M

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I so want one... I'll be watching this, see how exspensive it gets and be really jealous of the person who eventually gets it.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Andalusa said:
I so want one... I'll be watching this, see how exspensive it gets and be really jealous of the person who eventually gets it.
You could kill him.
Come over to the Dark Side!
I like it, but not enought to kill a guy.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
What would you do for an iPod Dock?
Would you...would you kill a guy?
(yes)

Come on, it's pink!
[small]I don't really like the colour pink...[/small]